New Handle, same old me

PDA

JamisJockey
April 5, 2005, 03:50 PM
Ditched my old handle (Atc1man) in favor of this new one. Its still me, minus the post count. Reasons? I just felt like it was time for a change.

If you enjoyed reading about "New Handle, same old me" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
UberPhLuBB
April 5, 2005, 04:08 PM
Since you're into all this change, would you mind driving to California and changing your guns so they're registered to my name?

I'll cover gas and buy you lunch. :D

JamisJockey
April 5, 2005, 04:33 PM
I avoid Kalifornistan at all costs.

OF
April 5, 2005, 04:34 PM
The internet equivalent of major plastic surgery...or a sex change.

- Gabe ;)

Third_Rail
April 5, 2005, 04:37 PM
Why didn't you have a mod change your old name??

KONY
April 5, 2005, 04:37 PM
Ditched my old handle (Atc1man) in favor of this new one. Its still me, minus the post count. Reasons? I just felt like it was time for a change.

If gas prices go any higher, I'll be a "JamisJockey" too! But I'd much prefer a Trek or Specialized! :D

Mal H
April 5, 2005, 05:02 PM
Why didn't you have a mod change your old name??Yes, why didn't you? It is a very easy thing to do and you don't violate Forum Rule #2 as you did by registering under a new name.

JamisJockey
April 5, 2005, 05:41 PM
I didn't even think about it, and I didn't realize it was a problem.

rust collector
April 5, 2005, 10:03 PM
Easily rectified by asking Mal H. to retire your old handle, no? If you sweet-talked him, he might even give you your old post count for a little street cred.

I'm still bouncing along on an ancient Cannondale super-V, but whatever the make, it's about the most fun to be had while clad.

KONY
April 5, 2005, 10:27 PM
I'm still bouncing along on an ancient Cannondale super-V, but whatever the make, it's about the most fun to be had while clad.

Ahh, a C-dale pimp on the board. When I am not busy shooting guns and getting fatter, I ride my cheapie Iron Horse (not even one of their mainstream models) ... its a department store Iron Horse. :o

mtnbkr
April 5, 2005, 11:23 PM
You folks got it all wrong, Klein all the way baybee. :D

its a department store Iron Horse.
Gotta start somewhere. My first mountain bike (I'm on #3 in 20 years now) wasn't even that nice.

Chris

KONY
April 5, 2005, 11:27 PM
You folks got it all wrong, Klein all the way baybee.

Heheh ... just another bike I can't afford. :(

Gotta start somewhere. My first mountain bike (I'm on #3 in 20 years now) wasn't even that nice.

I emailed Iron Horse asking about it and they never replied. I don't think they want to admit that their name is on it! :o :p

mtnbkr
April 5, 2005, 11:29 PM
I couldn't afford it at the time either, but that was nearly 8 years ago. I'm keeping it until the welds crack. :uhoh:

Besides, I honestly prefer it's ride characteristics to new bikes. The only thing I want is disk brakes.

So, JamisJockey, what do you think of your new ride.

BTW, what gun for mountain biking? How would you carry?

Chris

KONY
April 5, 2005, 11:31 PM
I couldn't afford it at the time either, but that was nearly 8 years ago. I'm keeping it until the welds crack.

Hey, just let me take a ride and you'll be looking for bike #4 in no time! :D

KONY
April 5, 2005, 11:34 PM
So, JamisJockey, what do you think of your new ride.

I rode a base model Jamis at Performance Bike last year. Very comfy ride (yes, I am a wuss). :)

If you enjoyed reading about "New Handle, same old me" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!