who do you think will win the middleweight and light heavyweight
championships this saturday? I´m going for Forrest and Diego. The
SHAMROCK match will be sickkkkk. For those who don´t know, this dude
was named "the world´s most dangerous man". So being able to watch him
fight live and free is an awesome thing (probably once in a
lifetime...this stuff is alwaysss 50 bucks on ppv). Any1 else been
following the show?

pd

If you enjoyed reading about "Ultimate Fighter!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mbs357
April 6, 2005, 10:10 AM
Erm?
10 minutes.

boofus
April 6, 2005, 10:27 AM
Shamrock lost all credibility when he went into professional wrestling in the WWF.

Felonious Monk
April 6, 2005, 10:30 AM
Pdevo-- welcome to The High Road.

Heck YEAH!!!!!

My kids and I have been watching The Contender, and when UFC came on, I explained to them that these UFC guys would eat any one of the Contender contestants for a SNACK.

It is the closest thing to unarmed combat you can get.

Combines the best disciplines of:

Striking/Punching/Boxing/MuayThai
Grappling/Wrestling/Judo
Brajilian Jiu-Jitsu/Submission holds.

It actually has my (otherwise very feminine) 15 year old daughter interested in going to a dojo to pick up some 'skills'. :D

It TOTALLY ROCKS.

The fight between Josh ???? and Diego was an absolute WAR!

I think anyone who has an interest in unarmed self-defense would absolutely LOVE this show.

DigMe
April 6, 2005, 10:36 AM
My kids and I have been watching The Contender, and when UFC came on, I explained to them that these UFC guys would eat any one of the Contender contestants for a SNACK.

Is that the point? Looks like apples and oranges to me. That's like saying "Lance Armstrong would OWN Shaq in a bike race!"

brad cook

Felonious Monk
April 6, 2005, 10:40 AM
DigMe? That's like saying "Lance Armstrong would OWN Shaq in a bike race!" Okay...so the UFC guys who train in and compete using not only boxing skills, BUT ALSO grappling and submission holds are TOTALLY different than boxers...
Um, yeah. Right. :uhoh:

TechBrute
April 6, 2005, 10:45 AM
Pdevo,

Welcome to The High Road, a forum about firearms' use, politics, and related topics.

For UFC:
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/index.php?fn=browse_forum&f=2433

Beav
April 6, 2005, 10:52 AM
It is apples and oranges IMO, put the best UFC fighter against the best boxer with boxing rules and the UFC most likely gets whooped.

Devonai
April 6, 2005, 10:54 AM
But which is better for UFC fighters, 9mm or .45?

mbs357
April 6, 2005, 10:59 AM
Looks like I lose, been more than 10 minutes. =(
Fighters are tough, better break out the Apache guns.

Beav
April 6, 2005, 11:18 AM
heh I'm amazed its lasted this long too :P

DigMe
April 6, 2005, 11:28 AM
Okay...so the UFC guys who train in and compete using not only boxing skills, BUT ALSO grappling and submission holds are TOTALLY different than boxers...

You're not even making sense man...

It's like football vs. rugby, hockey vs. figure-skating, baseball vs. cricket...

No, the people aren't different but the competitions are two coompletely different things...a total apples and oranges thing. A professional BOXER in a BOXING MATCH would demolish the typical UFC fighter. Just like an experienced UFC fighter in a UFC MATCH would demolish a typical boxer (of course it would be possible for either to get a lucky punch in in either situation). UFC fighting is not boxing. I'm sorry but the statement "these UFC guys would eat any one of the Contender contestants for a SNACK" sounds like something a kid would say...like a "spiderman vs. batman" argument.

brad cook

No_Brakes23
April 6, 2005, 11:51 AM
I like this car:
http://tinypic.com/2lsy0x

mbs357
April 6, 2005, 11:51 AM
I think they're trying to say that boxers box, as in punching.
UFCs appear to kick, punch, slap, grab, throw, jab, smack, bite...etc.
Boxers wouldn't be used to such an array of attacks, and would probably lose.
UFCs wouldn't be used to being restrained, and would most likely lose.

TechBrute
April 6, 2005, 12:10 PM
Here is a picture of my daughter.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=23479

SW 586
April 6, 2005, 12:17 PM
Pickles give me gas.

boofus
April 6, 2005, 12:26 PM
I've heard the Gracies are avid firearms shooters. I think once I read they preferred Sigs. I dunno if they still are shooters with all the Brazilian gun bans though.

possenti
April 6, 2005, 12:38 PM
I'm an old Shamrock fan, but I'm rooting for the challenger, Rich Franklin. I just found out that I trained with him at Gracie Jiu-Jitsu training chapter in the Cincinnati area about 7 years ago. I also discovered that his friend, Josh Rafferty, who also trained there, was on the Ultimate Fighter show but was beaten by Sanchez earlier in the matches.

Monday, I saw Rich on the commercial for the upcoming Saturday event, and I literally fell off the couch. I was yelling, "I KNOW THAT DUDE!" so loudly, my wife came running in the room. I used to hear Rich say that fighting in the UFC was his goal in life. He was a great grappler, and he often showed up with bruises and black eyes from boxing. Strong, solid kid.

I researched him some more on the web, and I learned that he fought in at least two other UFC's. I'll try to find those on DVD before Saturday. Everyone says he's a very well-rounded fighter. I wish him the best of luck.

Uh-oh - I just realized this is severely off-topic. This thread may be locked at any moment. Please move the discussion over to APS. If I don't see it over there later, I'll put up a post.

possenti
April 6, 2005, 12:41 PM
QUICK! Someone say something about guns to keep this thread open!

mbs357
April 6, 2005, 01:35 PM
What are the odds of one of them fighters snapping and bringing a gun to the match!?

The Grand Inquisitor
April 6, 2005, 01:50 PM
I've been a huge fan of MMA/NHB for about 7 or 8 years now and although I have not seen every episode of the UFC show, I keep up heavily with the orginizations in Japan, like Pride, and Shooto.

If anyone is interested in getting deeper into the sport (and I hope you do...the orginization Pride FC in Japan hosts the best fighters from Europe, Japan, Brazil, and the United States and pretty much blows away UFC fights) check out www.pridefc.com or go to www.mma.tv , which is the very best message board dedicated to the sport.

If anyone is really interested, PM me and I can try to get you some of the video's of the events or send more info.

I'm always interested in people who show interest in Mixed Martial Arts.

Preacherman
April 6, 2005, 01:56 PM
Very amusing, but still OT.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ultimate Fighter!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!