Tasers

PDA

english kanigit
April 6, 2005, 06:47 PM
Good lord, I knew that tasers were effective but I had no idea!
http://www.big-boys.com/articles/bulltaser.html

Doesn't seem like too bad of a choice of "less lethal" equipment. :evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "Tasers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Snowdog
April 6, 2005, 10:03 PM
Holy cow.

You know, I was always under the impression a Taser was nothing more than a glorified stun gun with the results being greatly exaggerated.

Seeing is believing, so I'll simply say I stand corrected!

Thanks for the link.

english kanigit
April 7, 2005, 12:59 AM
Holy cow.

Hehe, to quote another THR member, you ow me a new keyboard. :D

It's the "electraburger" :evil:

zahc
April 7, 2005, 01:24 AM
It says 'not for human use' at the end. Does that mean that self defense tasers are not as effective as that? Huh huh?

Kevlarman
April 7, 2005, 02:39 AM
Notice how the bull immediately gets up and charges the fence after the taser is turned off. Something humans are quite capable of doing also.

I believe the LE verisons of the taser have an 8-second "on" time, with the capability to keep pulling the trigger for another burst. The civilian versions have a 30-second on time, supposedly so you can place the taser on the ground and run away/get help while the perp is still withering on the ground.

What happens if you're gone and the taser is off and hooked to the guy? Well now, somebody's got a nice new $500 toy to play with, and possibly to use against you! :what:

Third_Rail
April 7, 2005, 03:45 AM
The reason, AFAIK, for the "Not for human use" bit is that Tazers are sold in three versions... LE, with 8 second timer, civilian with 30 second, and agriculture, which stuns only as long as the trigger is pulled.

Also, you need a background check for the civilian version, not the agri.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tasers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!