Opinions on Blackhawk Vests

PDA

Noban
March 13, 2003, 02:44 PM
Hi all - I'm interested in a tactical vest for casual use in the field. What's the skinny on Blackwawk products? The "crossdraw rifle" looks well made in the photos. Who has the best prices?

Thanks in advance!

If you enjoyed reading about "Opinions on Blackhawk Vests" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
762x51
March 13, 2003, 02:56 PM
10% off Blackhawk products

http://www.calssportingarmory.com

jthuang
March 13, 2003, 06:52 PM
LPS Tactical has a sale on BHI vests.

http://www.lpstactical.com/Bhk%20vests.htm

Basically ~20% off BH list and free UPS shipping too.

Not affiliated with BHI or LPS Tactical.

Justin

Frohickey
March 13, 2003, 09:23 PM
bump

Noban
March 14, 2003, 01:53 PM
OK guys, thanks for the input so far. I'd like your opinion(s) on the utility of a pistol holster affixed to the vest for cross draw. Is is a reasonably comfortalbe fit? Is it worth giving up the mag pouches? I realize the answers to these questions really depend on the application. I plan on using the vest for hunting and plinking and would like to carry a pistol with me. I've never carried a firearm on my hip for extended periods and the vest carry seems to be more secure and less likely to snag.

BTW - The Eagle products look like the ticket.

Thanks again for your anticipated responses!

jthuang
March 14, 2003, 04:07 PM
I'd like your opinion(s) on the utility of a pistol holster affixed to the vest for cross draw. Is is a reasonably comfortalbe fit? Is it worth giving up the mag pouches? I realize the answers to these questions really depend on the application. I plan on using the vest for hunting and plinking and would like to carry a pistol with me.

I've never used one of the vests with a crossdraw pistol holster but a friend has one and he says it's reasonably comfortable.

IMHO for plinking and hunting there is no real disadvantage to having the crossdraw pistol holster. However, for more "tactical" (geez I'm starting to hate that word) uses, if you're right handed you want your mag pouches on your left side. The pistol holster restricts you to using the mag pouches on your right side -- very awkward.

But again, for plinking and hunting, the above is not enough of a reason to ditch the cross draw type vests.

BTW - The Eagle products look like the ticket.

True, and Eagle is all made in the USA. But as Erick pointed out, you may be in for a long wait for any Eagle gear. Their lead time was long before, but now with our men and women in uniform shipping out, you're gonna have to wait even longer.

Justin

plnkr1234
March 15, 2003, 03:37 PM
Hi Guys,

IIRC, one brand of vests has a mag pouch that can double as a pistol holser. Its the left forwardmost pouch. That way, the other 2 left pouches can still be used for mags.

I forgot who the maker is, though. Maybe Tactical Tailor or London Bridge Trading Co.

Hope this helps.

If you enjoyed reading about "Opinions on Blackhawk Vests" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!