Want speed strips in other calibers?

PDA

thatguy
April 7, 2005, 12:10 AM
This woman at Bianchi says she hasn't heard enough interest in Speed Strips in .41, .44 and .45 calibers to warrant production. Anyone else want to contact her and express interest?

swick@bianchi-intl.com

If you enjoyed reading about "Want speed strips in other calibers?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JDSlack
April 7, 2005, 12:27 AM
Done!

Onmilo
April 7, 2005, 12:48 PM
Yeah, HKS says the same thing about speedloaders,,,,
Can't see the market potential through all the red tape.

revolvergeek
April 7, 2005, 06:49 PM
Email sent. I really could use some .44spl strips!

JNewell
April 7, 2005, 09:41 PM
I don't know about .41s, but I have seen so many threads on "why isn't there a .44 speedstrip" and "I'd buy 'em if I could" that I am 103.7% confident that there's a big and ready market out there for a .44 version, and probably .45 as well.

Standing Wolf
April 7, 2005, 10:39 PM
E-mail message sent. I hope it will make a difference.

BluesBear
April 8, 2005, 10:04 AM
Good luck.

I've been pestering them for 25 years for some in .44 spl/mag.
I have even offered to buy them by the thousands if they would make them.

I was even told on more than one occasion that "No one has EVER asked for any". :banghead:

Just like they refuse to make their UM84R in anything longer than 4".

Model520Fan
April 8, 2005, 10:20 AM
Ditto on both lines of Standing Wolf's post.

s&w 24
April 8, 2005, 01:46 PM
e-mailed

I heared that bianchi did make one run of 44 speed strips in the 80's but I've never seen one.

boing
April 8, 2005, 07:28 PM
Done, FWIW.

Tooling up for a new injection molded product is no fun, and it's not cheap. It all depends on how long the management wants to wait before recouping it's investment.

But who knows...even if there's no sudden increase in demand for strips in new calibers, a subtle change in the management structure might see a market where previous management did not.

One thing's for sure, if we quit asking, they definitely won't be making them.

BluesBear
April 8, 2005, 08:34 PM
I heared that bianchi did make one run of 44 speed strips in the 80's but I've never seen one. You've never seen one because they didn't do it.

As I have said I have tried for years to get them to produce them. I have offered to buy huge quantities of them. And was told "No".

I had a friend who worked for a large injection molding company who offered to produce the molds for Bianchi. And I was told "No!"

I even offered to pay them for the rights to produce them myself. And was told "NO!"

But hopefully if enough people make enough noise...

Kor
April 8, 2005, 11:40 PM
FYI, an inexpensive substitute for a .44 Spl/Mag Speed Strip is to use a 5-round stripper-clip for .303 British Lee-Enfield rifles - the case-head/rim dimensions are the same, so the .44 rounds will fit into the Enfield clips. The downside is, you can't peel the steel clip off the rounds like you can with the rubber Bianchi .38/.357 strips - you have to get 1-2 rounds partially inserted into the chamber, and then pull the clip off the rounds lengthwise.

BluesBear
April 9, 2005, 06:31 AM
Whenever the subject of speed strips for larger calibers comes up I keep seeing lots of people advising .303 British strippers for .44.

Has anyone except me actually tried this? Or is this just more regurgitated advice?

I actually have tried it (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?p=1090734) more than once and it just don't work worth a tinker'sdamn

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=1070127

The rounds do NOT line up with the chambers.
The stripper scrapes the rear of the cylinder.
When attempting to load ONE cartridge, it's dang near impossible to pull the clip away and actually have the round remain in the chamber.
Trying to load two at once is virtually impossible.

The stripper clips are great for STORING extra ammo. I often carry a 4 or 5 in an old zippered bank deposit pouch in the toolbox in my car.
But to actually use them for speedloading? :what: What a joke!
It's much easier to pull them out of the clip and then load them one at a time with your fingers the old fashioned way.

Magnum88C
April 9, 2005, 07:08 PM
Email sent.

Man would I love .44 speed strips.
Don't know I'd buy thousands, but a hundred isn't out of the question.

Problem is, it's very easy for even a fairly small mold to cost over $100,000, plus the machine time. I don't see it happening anytime soon.

If you enjoyed reading about "Want speed strips in other calibers?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!