FAL mags at Interordnance...a head's up

PDA

Norton
April 7, 2005, 06:35 AM
In case anyone is looking for some FAL metric mags.....Interordnance has a 10-pak deal going on used Steyrs. Price once shipping was figured in was $5.60/mag.

I'll give you a report when they get here.

Interordnance (www.interordnance.com)

If you enjoyed reading about "FAL mags at Interordnance...a head's up" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Seven High
April 7, 2005, 02:14 PM
Be wary of used FAL magazines. I bought some used ones for my imbel. They were loose in the magazine well which caused feeding problems. J.B. Weld fixed the problem, but in the future I will buy new magazines.

April 7, 2005, 02:59 PM
Where are you going to get the new magazines ?

kfranz
April 7, 2005, 03:33 PM
www.militarygunsupply.com has them for $3.95. No need to be wary of used mags, just understand that some are more used than others, and if you stack enough tolerances, you might run out of tolerance.

I've run probably 50 different used mags in three different FAL's, and have had no problems. I've got another that wouldn't feed right regardless of the mag, until I "fixed" the mag catch(frickin' hesse receiver...).

Scottmkiv
April 7, 2005, 05:06 PM
I've come across many used FAL mags that need to have the spring replaced in order to work right.

Seven High
April 7, 2005, 08:57 PM
CDNN advertised new Fal magazines in their last catalogue. :)

Third_Rail
April 7, 2005, 09:55 PM
Can't one buy new FAL mags from DSArms?

April 7, 2005, 11:22 PM
I have no idea.
I just got my first FAL about a month or so ago (DSA type II receiver and STG58 parts kit).
When I bought the parts kit, I bought some magazines. I don't recall how many, 10 maybe-all used. I only tried one or two of them. They seemed to function OK.
I don't know the ins and outs of FAL magazines. What the good ones are, how to identify the various manufacturers etc.

Third_Rail
April 7, 2005, 11:55 PM
http://www.dsarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=117E&storeid=1&image=magfal20rd.gif

http://www.dsarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=11730M&storeid=1&image=magfal11730m.gif

Norton
April 7, 2005, 11:57 PM
I'll take the cautions under advisement when they come in and report back here to the group as to how they seem to work. I figure that if half of them work, I'm at least even with the local gun show prices.....

Bwana John
April 8, 2005, 12:12 PM
I have a Entreprise recievered metric FAL that used to prefer mags that looked like they had been runover by a half-track.
It took a lot of work to make the rifle dependable with "New in Wrapper" mags.
The beauty of FAL mags is they were all made to "mil-spec" and they all should work. I dont think I have ever seen a aftermarket FAL mag.

Norton
April 17, 2005, 07:45 PM
I finally got a chance to disassemble and clean the mags today.

After a couple of cans of brake cleaner and a roll of paper towels, I found that all appeared to be in good physical shape. A couple have some small light rust spots, and a couple of others have some wear and tear on the bottom of the mag where the floor plate goes in. I had to "adjust" a couple with the pliers so that the floor plate would slide in an out properly.

I'll provide a range report when I get a chance to get the range.

Pointman
April 18, 2005, 02:55 PM
I'll second the ones from Military Gun Supply (http://www.militarygunsupply.com/)... I've bought lots of FAL mags from them and they always work and look good.

If you enjoyed reading about "FAL mags at Interordnance...a head's up" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!