Texas School shooting

PDA

kikilee
April 7, 2005, 01:18 PM
It looks like another school shooting just happened. Damn........

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/news/4356160/detail.html

If you enjoyed reading about "Texas School shooting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
stevelyn
April 7, 2005, 01:42 PM
At least this time it appears the shooter is an adult. Another gun-free school zone. :rolleyes:

Andrew Rothman
April 7, 2005, 02:07 PM
Police: Texas Dad With Hit List Shoots School's Coach With AK-47

POSTED: 10:56 am CDT April 7, 2005
UPDATED: 11:58 am CDT April 7, 2005

CANTON, Texas -- Police say an East Texas high school football coach was shot on the campus Thursday by a student's father who claimed to have a hit list.

Gary Joe Kinne, who is also the Canton High School athletic director, was shot at least once at about 9:20 a.m. and airlifted to a hospital in nearby Tyler, Don Martin, spokesman for the Tyler Police Department told The Tyler Morning Telegraph.

Information on Kinne's condition was being withheld at the request of Canton police, said John Moore, spokesman for Trinity Mother Frances Health System in Tyler.

The Governor's Office of Homeland Security identified the suspect as Jeffrey Doyle Robertson, 44, a father of a Canton High School student. He is accused of firing an AK-47 and fled the scene in a 2004 black Dodge pickup with Texas license 64N-XW1.

Robertson had other weapons in his truck and had made statements that he had a hit list and would not be taken alive, said Sophie Yanez, a spokeswoman for the state Homeland Security office.

Kinne reportedly was shot at the school's athletic field house in Canton, about 60 miles east of Dallas.

The DPS said investigators suspect the Canton-area man is heading to Dallas. Troopers believe he is heavily armed.

The superintendent of the Canton Independent School District said that all campuses in the district are now on lockdown.

Amanda Sheperd, owner of Backwoods Bar-B-Que in Canton, said she was alarmed when she heard about the shooting because her ninth-grade grandson, Ty Sheperd, plays baseball and has a class in the fieldhouse. She believes he had left the fieldhouse and gone to band class before the shooting.

"I talked to the school just now and they said the kids were taken care of, and they're not letting anybody in or out," said Sheperd, who was continuing to serve lunch customers as news helicopters hovered overhead the school about a half-mile away.

Kinne took over as Canton coach after leaving Mesquite High School before the 2003 season. His son, G. J. Kinne, was the AP 3A All-state honorable mention quarterback last season.

He won't be taken alive? Okay by me. Shoot to kill, boys!

foghornl
April 7, 2005, 02:13 PM
DOUBLE DAMN>>>

A school shooting with an AK-47.

Hope if a Texas CCW'er gets involved like the {Name escapes me right now} gentleman that attempted to stop the gunman in the recent TX shooting, that he does not get killed for his trouble and is able to quickly end the threat.

About the shooters statement re: "...I won't be taken alive..." OK, be careful what you ask for wiseguy...You just may well get it.

And well-deserved, too. I have special contempt for those that harm the defenseless.

hayseed
April 7, 2005, 02:38 PM
sarcasm on:

We all know, that had Congress reenacted the Assault Weapon ban, that this guy would have been forced to abandon his desire to kill

sarcasm off:

:banghead: :banghead: :barf: :barf:

TrybalRage
April 7, 2005, 02:39 PM
:carefully adjusts tinfoil hat:

Sure is a lot of, uh, semi-auto rifle shootings lately, eh?

RavenVT100
How much do you want to bet that it's not really an AK-47 clone? I mean, we all know it's not a real AK-47.

Bear Gulch
I remember a shooting years ago in a GMAC (I think office) they touted it as being by an assault rifle. The cops brought out what was clearly a Marlin lever action. So I discount an AK at this stage.

duckslayer
April 7, 2005, 02:46 PM
How do they know he has a cache of other weaopns in the truck if they haven't caught him yet or don't know where he is?

hayseed
April 7, 2005, 02:56 PM
How much do you want to bet that it's not really an AK-47 clone? I mean, we all know it's not a real AK-47.

Yeah, Raven, I forgot that in the media, everything is either an AK, UZI, or a fully automatic revolver until they find out different, and then you might see a correction on page 14Z.

TheEgg
April 7, 2005, 03:01 PM
Dam* that is about 9 miles from my house!!!!!!!!! :what:

duckslayer
April 7, 2005, 03:15 PM
Egg,

Is there something in the water over that way? There was the nut in Tyler a few months ago, now this dipstick.

I hope he doesn't shoot over to Emory and then come up 69 & 380 to my house!!

TheEgg
April 7, 2005, 03:33 PM
This is something fairly new. Used to be all we had was the jacklighters, the bootleggers, the cockfighters, and the dog-fighters.

Don't know what is causing it, but it might be an overflow of insanity from DFW.

duckslayer
April 7, 2005, 03:37 PM
I grew up in Winona, and I agree with you, that area never had anything crazy like this before. There is an abundance of craziness up here in Dallas though, so you may be right!

Yanus
April 7, 2005, 03:41 PM
I just read that the Rangers and DPS were both involved in the search.
I hope a Ranger with an '06' bags this idiot the first chance he gets.... :fire:

Yanus

q102josh
April 7, 2005, 03:54 PM
ahhh the success of victim disarmament... kudos to the crips, i mean democrats

280PLUS
April 7, 2005, 05:30 PM
at 1415 EDT 4/6/05 Fox network was still calling his weapon an "assault rifle".

Sports parents :rolleyes: I'll bet it was over something like little Timmy not getting enough play time.

I can still remember the Little League parents heckling the poor 15 YO umpire over a bad call. The kid only got $10 a game to ump.

That kind of stuff really turned me off to all group activities involving kids and their overzealous parents. :barf:

One parent to me one other time, "You didn't handle my child correctly."

Me back, "You're right, because if I had I would have been strangling him."

:eek:

BryanP
April 8, 2005, 07:36 AM
Reports this mornign is that he was "shot in the chest with a pistol."

duckslayer
April 8, 2005, 09:09 AM
Yeah, what I heard was that they found two .45 pistols in his truck. He must have eaten the cache of assault rifles before they could book it into evidence!

If you enjoyed reading about "Texas School shooting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!