An apology to THR'ers

PDA

hansolo
March 13, 2003, 05:57 PM
My name is Steve and I was diagnosed with a form of cancer in 2001. I had major abdominal surgery in June of that year. I was in remission until a few months ago. I am now "on" a combination of chemo and immunotherapy medications. One side effect is occasional irritability.

A few weeks ago I made some posts that, as I re-read them, are confrontational. I apologize to anyone that I may have offended, and hope you will forgive my temporary lack of tact. I really enjoy hanging around here and hope my honesty will be met with forgiveness. Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "An apology to THR'ers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MitchSchaft
March 13, 2003, 05:59 PM
On top of that you live in CA. I can understand your irritability!

Croyance
March 13, 2003, 06:00 PM
Best of luck with the therapy.
Don't sweat it, we are all human.

Chaz
March 13, 2003, 06:03 PM
Dont sweat it dude, We all have our "days."

Sorry about the cancer. My mom went through that 2 years ago and would call me up out of the blue to critisize everything I did. I knew she was scared and angry and just had to "lash out" at someone for a release. She, like you, later apologized. I never held it against her. Likewise, I doubt no one here would hold it against you.

Besides, Were all a bunch of thick-skinned cromogeons anyway :neener:

10-Ring
March 13, 2003, 06:03 PM
Hey, don't worry about it. Just enjoy the boards ;)

Hope your therapy is going well! Happy Posting :)

Braz
March 13, 2003, 06:04 PM
Hi fellow pinko ;)

I've posted a few zingers while under med stress over the years. Shake it off and others will too I'd bet. Say Hans, ya gonna play Star Wars Galaxies, the massively multiplayer rpg? Mine's on order. I plan to be a marksman. Hey, if not in real life, huh?

DeltaElite
March 13, 2003, 06:05 PM
I wish you all the best Steve.
I don't recall any bad posts, but don't sweat it, they will get over it.

TallPine
March 13, 2003, 06:15 PM
Likewise don't remember reading anything of yours that bothered me.

But I sort of know what you are talking about - I was on some asthma medications for a while that made me pretty irritable.

Hope you get better!

Yohan
March 13, 2003, 06:21 PM
I know all there is to know about being bitter- in the end- there's nothing that a good ole' fashioned hug can't fix.
http://tekennelly.tzo.com:3500/Hapkido.web/bear.hug.1.jpg
"Hiya!"

.....Unless the other person is bitter too
http://tekennelly.tzo.com:3500/Hapkido.web/bear.hug.2.jpg
But I'm not bitter so it's all rad- man.. talk about a mean old lady.
:cool:

seeker_two
March 13, 2003, 06:38 PM
S'alright. I get cranky too. That's why part of my sig line is IOFT--Intolerant Old Fart in Training...:D

Blackhawk
March 13, 2003, 06:43 PM
Sorry about your illness, and hope all turns out well.

As for being irritable, how would most of us know...? :D

matis
March 13, 2003, 07:34 PM
I've enjoyed your posts and can't find the "irritable" ones. Besides, I just read your bio and we need guys like you.

So, very best wishes for a full recovery!

Matis

Penman
March 13, 2003, 08:54 PM
We will keep you in our prayers. Not familiar with the posts you mentioned, it's not an important issue. Your recovery and continued participation are important, best wishes to you.

cratz2
March 13, 2003, 09:47 PM
With what you're going through, the least you have to worry about is offending members of this forum. Just don't go out of your way to do it and you'll fit in just fine.

Best of luck... :(

Selfdfenz
March 13, 2003, 10:04 PM
"I am now "on" a combination of chemo and immunotherapy medications. One side effect is occasional irritability."

:pOne side effect of life too, me thinks:p

Don't sweat the small stuff. Who can remember as far back as "a few weeks ago" anyway.

Get well.

I"ll put in a good word for you.

<><

S-

Duke of Lawnchair
March 13, 2003, 10:06 PM
hansolo, best of luck with the treatment. Get well soon!

Monkeyleg
March 13, 2003, 10:48 PM
If cancer is making you "irritable," what's the excuse for other THR members? ;)

Good luck in your treatments.

hansolo
March 13, 2003, 11:13 PM
If I still drank, I'd hoist one to you all! Thanks for all good wishes and prayers!

Take care, Steve:rolleyes:

Sven
March 13, 2003, 11:43 PM
hansolo:

You are in my thoughts.

Carlos Cabeza
March 14, 2003, 12:11 PM
WOW ! All the good people in here !!!!
Comrades in Arms.....:cool:
Hang tough Steve.................I ain't gots no problems wit 'cha...

BigG
March 14, 2003, 12:17 PM
Dick, I'm just a mite crotchety by nature. :D :o :neener: Good luck and get better fast, Steve!

Jack19
March 14, 2003, 12:40 PM
Steve, although I am not familiar with the posts you made, I wish you the best and a quick recovery.

Ebbtide
March 14, 2003, 01:08 PM
Sorry to hear it is back. I've been lucky and will be cancer free for ten years in a few months. Yet with each scan I feel the same depression I did awaiting for the initial pathology report.

It is amazing how far cancer treatments have some in the past decade. Had I got my cancer a few years earlier I would not be here.

I Don't know if your a praying man, but I'll say some for you and your family.

Take care,

ehenz

Ala Dan
March 14, 2003, 02:22 PM
Greeting's hansolo My Friend-

No apology needed, Sir! No harm, and certainly No foul!

Just get well soon; and keep pounding that keyboard!

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

ruger357
March 14, 2003, 02:27 PM
Good luck Steve, get well soon.

4v50 Gary
March 14, 2003, 02:41 PM
A speedy recovery Steve. It's the California water (and air) you understand.

Sodbuster
March 14, 2003, 03:12 PM
Steve, I send you my best regards and my hope for a full recovery. I also I am not familiar with what you are apologizing for, but after reading why you consider it necessary, well...

I recently flamed lendringser and therefore, by implication, Oleg. It was in transliterated Russian so not many people noticed. I had no excuse (it was a completely unfair remark) and what you are saying about yourself really puts things in perspective. As an aside, I might add that Marko (lendringser) and Oleg were both very understanding with me. I'm still here through their good graces. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "An apology to THR'ers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!