How The Heck Do I Load This Roscoe?

PDA

StrikeEagle
April 9, 2005, 08:19 PM
Hello, Friends :)

I have had a small pistol for close to 20 years... shot it a bit when I got it and put it away. It's a Hungarian FEG in .32 ACP.

It's two tone... silvery allow frame, black steel slide. Very solid, typical Combloc stuff. ;)

But for the life of me... I do NOT remember how I loaded the magazine when I played with the piece years ago. The magazines (it came with 2) are truly impossible to load with just my hands. Is there a tool for this? If so, where can I get one?

I do get a kick out of this little pistol and would enjoy it even more if I could figure out a way to shoot it. :P

Please help! :)

StrikeEagle

If you enjoyed reading about "How The Heck Do I Load This Roscoe?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim K
April 9, 2005, 10:02 PM
I haven't fired mine in a while but I don't recall any difficulty loading magazines. Is it possible that the mags have grease inside them that hardened over time? Maybe soaking in gasoline or a solvent and then using a light spray lubricant would help.

Jim

Teakwood
April 9, 2005, 11:16 PM
Try this
http://www.magloader.com/
I had a set for .380. They also make them for .32.

jdkelly
April 10, 2005, 07:03 AM
Besides, who can afford it?

Respectfully,

jkelly

Jim K
April 10, 2005, 09:26 PM
I should have said a good oil and grease solvent to avoid that horrible word. I agree that ga*****e is expensive, but it still is about the cheapest solvent around, and used with reasonable care is not dangerous. (Use outdoors, no smoking, don't breathe fumes, and keep covered as much as possible.)

Jim

myrockfight
April 10, 2005, 11:33 PM
Ether is a great solvent that leaves little to no residue and cuts grease and oil like no other. However, it is not as cheap as gas! ;)

enfield
April 11, 2005, 08:08 AM
And you can buy ether in spray cans at your local auto store. Very handy for a number of purposes.

If you enjoyed reading about "How The Heck Do I Load This Roscoe?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!