MMM Got joked so bad :)

PDA

runswithscissors
April 10, 2005, 02:43 AM
If you need a good belly-laugh, read-on.

Member Bruce Jackson (who must have had the nickname "bad-boy Bruce"
in school) sent the following email to the email address on the MMM
website regarding their fanny pack that is on sale:

--

Dear MMs,

I have a couple of questions regarding your closeout fanny pack:

Is there any velcro or cloth-like material on the inside where a
pocket style holster can be mounted?

How large is it? Will it hold a H&K USP? A Glock 27? or just a
little Kel-Tec?

Thanks for your help and keep up the fine work.

Bruce Jackson

P.S. B.T.W. I am confused, has the membership ever been a million?

--

THIS is what he got back:

Hello-

To the best of my knowledge, the fanny pack is not designed for
firearm carry. That being said, I just received a customer email
stating what a great fanny pack it is and how it is perfect for
carrying his gun. So I guess I works fine for that purpose.
Unfortunately, I do not know what size gun would fit.

Regards,
Michael Hoover

Michael Hoover
WebGear/USPTGear
703-442-0170 x229
michael*usptgear.com

--

Obviously the items are sold through a contractor, but I still love
the response ;-) I wonder who the other person was who said their's
worked fine for carrying a gun?

Another score for VCDL :neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "MMM Got joked so bad :)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ZeroX
April 10, 2005, 02:59 AM
:D

http://img136.exs.cx/img136/1867/mmmwwwfriendly1fk.jpg

ksnecktieman
April 10, 2005, 03:18 AM
That would be great camoflage :)

c_yeager
April 10, 2005, 05:00 AM
Michael Hoover
michael*usptgear.com

You might wanna check out the domain for that return email address before you get too happy about goofing the MMM.

http://www.usptgear.com/

I suppose its possible that this is the supplier for the MMM bags, but I somehow doubt it. I am not at all suprised at the authors stress-free comments regarding firearms. I bet a LOT of his customers are quite comfortable around them ;)

*note: I was unable to find this address anywhere on the MMM page, actually I couldnt find any direct email address on their page, only a comment form. They probably got tired of being spammed by all of us :evil:

Greg L
April 10, 2005, 10:39 AM
Check your state laws first before carrying in that though.

You might get in trouble for hunting over bait :evil: .

yesterdaysyouth
April 10, 2005, 11:00 AM
You might get in trouble for hunting over bait .

now that's funny right there... :D

Standing Wolf
April 10, 2005, 10:03 PM
To the best of my knowledge, the fanny pack is not designed for firearm carry.

Now, there's a semi-definite statement of non-purpose.

clipse
April 18, 2005, 10:23 AM
HEY THAT WAS ME. I sent them that email and that picture of my P-01 in the fanny pack. :D They never emailed me back though. :D I started a thread here about that email that I sent them, now I just gotta find it. I may have posted it in the roundtable forum. though.

Edited to add: Ahhh, I found it. http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=120016

BTW, Thanks, Xerox, for posting my picture. It would be curtious to give credit though.

clipse

sturmruger
April 18, 2005, 11:39 AM
Thanks Clipse for the great visual!!

Sean Cloherty
April 18, 2005, 03:20 PM
So where do I order?

Would a Glock 30 fit?

jefnvk
April 18, 2005, 03:36 PM
I dunno, I think some of you are enticing others to come after you. After all, who would expect someone with a MMM fanny pack to be armed :neener:

Flyboy
April 18, 2005, 05:00 PM
Looks like they also make a range bag (http://millionmommarch.usptgear.com/Product.asp?ProdID=MOMBriefcase&Prod=Miscellaneous).

And, if you look at their closeout section, you'll see Sarah Brady's book, overpriced at $.99 (and probably still not moving).

dasmi
April 18, 2005, 05:04 PM
Nice range bag!!
I might just have to pick one up to carry my evil concealable assault handcannon in.

Harry Tuttle
April 18, 2005, 10:08 PM
Mothersday is next month and theres been no MMM chatter about a rally

they did finally post pix from last years ball

trickyasafox
April 18, 2005, 11:33 PM
hey clipse can you repost your pic of your ruger in the mmm bag? i got a hoot outta that one

clipse
April 18, 2005, 11:51 PM
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~clipse/sp101/forthekids2.jpg

Here ya go. :D

clipse

ZeroX
April 18, 2005, 11:58 PM
BTW, Thanks, Xerox, for posting my picture. It would be curtious to give credit though.

I had it saved and couldn't find the topic. :uhoh:

BluesBear
October 22, 2005, 07:46 PM
Sarah's book is only 99 when bought in bulk. (http://millionmommarch.usptgear.com/Product.asp?ProdID=MOMBOOKGF&Prod=Miscellaneous)
unlike most forms of manure which is sold by the pound.

A Good Fight by Sarah Brady.
Sarah Brady tells in her own plainspoken words about her life before and after Jims shooting, her work with Handgun Control/Brady Campaign united with the Million Mom March, the passage of the Brady Bill, and most recently, her fight against lung cancer. Her story is told with honesty, humor, and a complete absence of self-pity. A Good Fight is a personal story of an ordinary woman coping with extraordinary events, and becoming extraordinary in the process. This book makes a great inspirational gift and a complete absence of self-pity. :fire: What else does this woman have? Other than an overinflated image of self importance.

I think we all should buy all of the remaining books. I'm sure at 99 they are losing money on them. As long as they're for sale they might actually find some chump to pay $5 for one.
Who knows they might actually spend even more money and have the thing reprinted. :evil:

They could be bundled and used for penetration tests.

Instead of bragging that a certain bullet was able to penetrate X number of inches of Ballistic Gelatin you could say it was able to penetrate X number of pages of Bombastic Bu!!$ht.

mbs357
October 22, 2005, 07:50 PM
Someone should write up an email.
"I would like to buy bulk your book for use at my gun shop, are there greater discounts for more bought at once?"

"What do you want them for?"

"Penetration tests."

That'd be fun. >_>

orionengnr
October 22, 2005, 08:14 PM
please send a care package!

http://www.millionmommarch.org/contact/

I just emailed and told them I'd like to purchase all remaining copies of Sara Brady's book...to be given as gag:barf: gifts...

Standing Wolf
October 22, 2005, 09:56 PM
Oh, dear! I'm sure we've scandalized all three of the "Million" Moms.

wolf_from_wv
October 23, 2005, 12:39 AM
I think we all should buy all of the remaining books. I'm sure at 99 they are losing money on them. As long as they're for sale they might actually find some chump to pay $5 for one.
Who knows they might actually spend even more money and have the thing reprinted. :evil:

Which costs more? Having money tied up in inventory that just sets around... Or someone buying books at a bulk price, you have the book reprinted thinking there is a demand for it, thus having more money tied up? I guess it would depend on how much they lose when they sell at $0.99. ;)

Ky Larry
October 23, 2005, 11:31 AM
This is the first time I have visited the MMM website. What a hoot! I never dreamed so much bovine waste material could be packed into such a small package. I checked on the grade my state (Ky) recieved from Sarah Brady's organization and am proud to say we received a "F" for 2001-2004.:D

P.S. Not trying to hijack this thread, but didn't Simple Sarah recently buy a rifle for her kid?

If you enjoyed reading about "MMM Got joked so bad :)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!