Whats loaded

PDA

bratch
April 10, 2005, 03:21 AM
What do you keep loaded?

My carry pistol/s keep one in the chamber. I have an 870 thats crusier ready and a SKS that has rounds on strippers.

I don't have any full powered rifles loaded have kicked around the idea.

If you enjoyed reading about "Whats loaded" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
c_yeager
April 10, 2005, 03:43 AM
Like you I have a remington 870 cruiser ready at all times. Additionally, whatever gun I happen to have been carrying that day is kept loaded at all times, until I pick a different one to carry. I also have one more (Ruger SP101) stashed in a drawer, always ready to go.

sharpie613
April 10, 2005, 03:46 AM
I live in California, so nothing is loaded at all. Loaded guns are dangerous! Guns should be stored separate from ammo, since you should never need to shoot anyone anyway. Actually, guns are dangerous!

:neener:

Why do I feel so snarky today?

psyopspec
April 10, 2005, 03:57 AM
I keep a shotgun cruiser ready and another pistol in a different part of my home in condition one at all times. Note: No little ones running around my place, just a roommate who's aware and trained on the use of said weapons. Naturally, whatever I happen to be carrying is always topped off as well. Any other firearms are unloaded and secured.

Remington788
April 10, 2005, 08:23 AM
Colt .45 my side of the bed, Glock 17 wifes side of the bed.
870 cruiser ready in the corner and a mini 14 full mag/empty chamber under the bed. No kids in the house.

GRB
April 10, 2005, 08:28 AM
At home, nothing! Want to stop by to do a quick burglary?

Best regards,
Glenn B

Farnham
April 10, 2005, 11:15 AM
Colt .45 my side of the bed, Glock 17 wifes side of the bed.
870 cruiser ready in the corner and a mini 14 full mag/empty chamber under the bed. No kids in the house.
Yesterday 11:57 PM

Subtract the .45, and we've got the same setup. Gotta go tell the wife somebody else actually IS as prepared as me. :D

Redneck Revolver
April 10, 2005, 11:32 AM
my mosin is always loaded and ready (i can never get the damned safety to work on that thing). the only people in my house are my parents and my good friend/roomate, all of whom know the four safety rules and adhere to them religiously.

benEzra
April 10, 2005, 01:54 PM
3913--round in chamber, either secured from kids (pistol safe) or on my person.

My wife's Glock 26--full mag inserted but empty chamber, secured from kids or on her person.

Either the mini-14 or SAR-1 sitting in the safe will usually have a mag inserted when we're home, but chamber empty.

Rest of guns unloaded in the safe.

MilsurpShooter
April 10, 2005, 02:04 PM
I never have anything loaded while it sits un-attended, however next to my bed are quite a fe bayonets and hunting knives, plus 5 stripper clips ready to load my gun which is usually 3 feet away.

Parallax
April 10, 2005, 03:08 PM
G17 on my person or on the shelf next to my bed. Mossberg 590 cruiser ready under the bed.

itgoesboom
April 10, 2005, 08:23 PM
Lets see here...

My XD9 Compact is always loaded, unless I am cleaning it, and there is an extra mag on my side. My Bersa .380 isn't loaded, but has two loaded mags in with it. My Mossberg 500 is loaded cruiser ready, and has extra rounds on the sidesaddle. My SKS has about 200 rounds loaded on stripper clips. And due to running out of room in my ammo boxes, I keep 5 magazines loaded with 15 rounds each of 7.62x51 for my CETME.

Lesson of the story?

My house is not exactly burgler friendly.

I.G.B.

El Tejon
April 10, 2005, 08:28 PM
1911 and 870 shotgun. I have no children about.

ddj8052
April 10, 2005, 08:40 PM
I keep a loaded Glock 23 by my bed at night, it also stays loaded in the safe when not on duty. I keep aTaurus 85ti loaded and usually on my person around the house. I love this gun. It is light enough to not notice around the house, and small enough to throw in my pocket when getting mail, or investigating strange noise, or ansewering a stranger at the door etc. I always keep my Mausberg 590a1 loaded with no round in the chamber in the safe. Everythig else stays un loaded though.

XLMiguel
April 10, 2005, 08:44 PM
Hmmm, what time is it? No kids in house - lesseee -
CZ 75D/PCR with extra mag in night stand.
H&K USP45C in quick access safe in master closet.
Beretta Tomcat in office desk drawer.
Kimber TacPro behind cornice of wall unit in living room.
Karh P-9 in hollow book on shelf in TV room.
Might be a little something else somewhere around here, if I'm not carrying it.
General rule is if it isn't in arms reach, it's within a step or two.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Standing Wolf
April 10, 2005, 08:48 PM
All my guns are always loaded except .22s.

38SnubFan
April 10, 2005, 08:56 PM
While awake during the day, both the .45 ACP and the .38 Spl.

At night, only the .38 remains loaded and under the bed, unless I take it with me to go out late at night.

I don't have any kids at home either, just a girlfriend who's probably as good of a shot (if not better) than I am.

Spoonman
April 10, 2005, 09:30 PM
Let's see, here......

Ruger P90 .45acp - full magazine w/ 1 in the tube, 2 loaded magazines beside it.

S&W 642 .38 w/ 2 loaded speed strips, ready to drop in a pocket.

Ruger SP101 .357 Magnum w/ 2 loaded speed strips in night stand.

SKS w/ pouch full of loaded stripper clips next to it in the closet.

S&W 442 .38 in my wife's purse, next to her on her night stand.

Those will have to serve until I can get to the safe and get the REAL firepower deployed.

SMLE
April 10, 2005, 09:37 PM
My centerfire handguns are ALL loaded ALL the time. My Mother always told there was nothing more usless than an unloaded gun.

I have a rack of Lee Enfields with loaded, deadly, cop-killer bayonets handy too. :neener:

One of the LEs has 5 rounds in the mag with a 50rnd. bandoleer close by as well.

"They don't like it up 'em sir!"

jobu07
April 10, 2005, 09:47 PM
Model 36 S&W.

Karate
April 10, 2005, 10:03 PM
S&W 66 on wife's side with a SXS 12 ga with a 18.5 inch barrel...My side 870 riot fun and Browning HP.

Dave R
April 10, 2005, 10:14 PM
Only my CCW, when I'm wearing it. I have children. Other guns live in the safe, locked and unloaded (but I do keep a loaded mag for the AK in the safe.)

Malamute
April 10, 2005, 11:38 PM
The majority of mine are loaded. Rifles have magazines loaded, chambers empty. Most have been loaded as long as I've owned them.

What is "cruiser ready"?

Greg L
April 10, 2005, 11:59 PM
Isn't rule #1 that all guns are always loaded ;) .

:D

Zach S
April 11, 2005, 12:02 AM
All of them;) Remember rule 1? Oh man, Greg beat me to it :mad:

Operational handguns are loaded along with the shotgun. My other longarms have an empty chamber and a full magazine. 20 round mags in the AR and thompson (the door wont close with 30s), and a factory ten rounder in the 10-22.

Obviously, non-operational handguns are empty (I have two, an AMT that has had parts stolen off of it for other pistols, and a Para that likes to rust - but aside from that the Para is an excellant pistol).

Pointman
April 11, 2005, 12:31 AM
yes

:evil:

stevelyn
April 11, 2005, 05:51 AM
All of my guns are loaded except for .22s.

What? :what: More things have died in my yard from a .22 than anything else. Woulda never happened if they weren't kept in a state of readiness. :D

Brigrat
April 11, 2005, 01:37 PM
This week:
Glock 23 (bed stand/Carry Piece
S&W 642 (BUG, stays loaded)
Mossberg 500 Cruiser (loaded and ready to rock)
Marlin 30-30 loaded and in the Truck
Bersa .380 (the wifes daily carry piece loaded on her bedstand)

all others are in the safe and generally loaded, or at least ammo is near by

Next week, I plan to rotate the G23 out of cycle and replace it with my new Springfield Full Size, loaded, parkerized, night site, etc. If the 1911 proves to be reliable on its first week of range outings then it will be the carry piece of choice for me!

chaim
April 11, 2005, 01:41 PM
I always have my Taurus 85 loaded, and I often have it on my person while I'm at home. I almost always have at least one other gun loaded, and sometimes as many as three (another revolver, a semi, and a long gun).

Sometimes I have my Bersa .380 loaded (when I carry it around the house instead of the Taurus). I usually (almost always) have a medium framed .357 loaded (w/ .38+P HPs). I often have either my 9mm CZ 75B or Charles Daly 1911 loaded. I usually have a long gun loaded (usually my Benelli Nova 12ga w/ personal defense 00 buck, sometimes my Winchester 94 in .45LC).

If you enjoyed reading about "Whats loaded" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!