Bell & Carlson stock for Savage

PDA

Prof
December 31, 2002, 01:32 PM
Based on recommendations from some fellow posters on TFL, I purchased a Bell & Carlson Duramaxx 7110-02 stock for my Savage 10FP. It arrived yesterday and I notice that it only has holes for two of the stock screws. :confused: The rear trigger guard screw has nowhere to go. Will the front screw alone hold the trigger guard in place okay or did they send the wrong stock?

Also, I installed a RifleBasix trigger which is a great improvement over the Savage stock trigger. However, the trigger is wider and rubs on the trigger guard. Should I reduce the trigger or widen the guard, or does it matter which I do?

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Bell & Carlson stock for Savage" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Prof
December 31, 2002, 05:09 PM
Since I hadn't received a reply, I went ahead and put the rifle in the B&C stock. Fits okay except that when I tighten the forend screw the required three turns, it pulls the stock to the left and makes contact with the right side of the barrel. This is bad, right? Any input on this problem? Thanks.

GinSlinger
December 31, 2002, 05:43 PM
IIRC, the rear trigger guard screw is self tapping? Perhaps you are supposed to just thread it in?? Also, I had the same pull in my factory Savage stock, which I sanded out. Probably not an optoin for you, but perhaps you should insure that your recoil lug is truley vertical, once again IIRC the lug can be straightened out a bit. Wish I had the bull barrel so I could get one of those stocks. Has anyone seen a laminate stock for the 110?

GinSlinger

Prof
January 2, 2003, 08:19 PM
Thanks, Ginslinger. And you are pretty much on target. I called B&C and received an e-mail from another former TFL'er before the factory got back to me. Both had the same advice. Since Savage uses two different screws for the rear trigger guard, B&C leaves it blank so the purchaser can pre-drill the correct size starter hole for his screw size.

Glad to get that cleared up. However, since starting this thread I've decided on another stock I saw so I will be selling this one! :D It's a good one but I found a style I like better.

Glockster35
January 3, 2003, 06:25 AM
Would love to hear more about this B&C stock. You are the first I have heard that took the plunge.

Pics would be nice also.

I haven't updated anything on my Savage yet. It will be at least another year before I return to that states on leave, and when I come back, I will have some stuff waiting for me to change out on several of my guns. The Savage stock is going to be in the top 5 things I will be correcting.

Prof
January 3, 2003, 11:10 AM
Glockster35: The B&C is a nice composite stock. Nothing fancy but it appears well made. I spotted some laminated and fancier composite stocks and am looking at those as an upgrade (more $). The B&C is only $89.00 from Lock, Stock and Barrel.

Glockster35
January 3, 2003, 12:12 PM
Did you by chance look at their Stockade stocks also...I was looking at the Coyote Hunter, but Painted is $255, and if I was going to spend that much, I might as well wait and get a McMillian.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bell & Carlson stock for Savage" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!