CZ fans: SP-01 will soon be mine.

PDA

Grayrider
April 11, 2005, 03:49 PM
Gang,

Looks like I should have an SP-01 in hand by late next week if all goes well. I just could not pass up the chance when given one. Should make for a lot of fun. All the advantages of a 75 and then some. The Tactical Sport was tempting, but I already have an IPSC ST in 40. The SP-01 looks more practical should I ever want to carry it. I will post a review here when she arrives. I wonder if Hakan will be able to make me a nice set of grips....

:D

GR

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ fans: SP-01 will soon be mine." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Walt Sherrill
April 11, 2005, 03:54 PM
Did you hear that the SP-01 is now illegal in IPSC due to some last-minute rule changes. Lots of people are really steamed about it... (The new EAA pistol is illegal as well.)

As I understand it, CZ is scrambling to make changes to the gun -- primarily the dustcover -- to make it legal. You may have a very limited production gun. (Not that it won't be a good one.) One of the CZ Team shooters, Angus Hobdell, participates on the CZ Forum and is keeping us informed. He's working with the factory to make mods.

Grayrider
April 11, 2005, 04:37 PM
I had heard that. I was thinking like you are, it may end up being a pretty limited run. Part of the appeal to me really. Angus seems like a great fellow. I am sure he will figure out something to make it all work out. For now I am going to run a G17 for IPSC anyway, so this will be more a fun gun. I had for years wanted some sort of CZ pattern pistol with full length dust cover/rail. My Jericho is as close as I could get until now.

GR

Walt Sherrill
April 11, 2005, 05:06 PM
The P-01 and the CZ-97B have full rails/dustcovers.

Grayrider
April 11, 2005, 05:09 PM
True, but I wanted the larger 75 sized gun in 9mm. P-01 is neat, but not exactly what I was after. The 97 is neat too--had one for a bit. When I get into double stack in a 45, though, I want a 1911. Keeps me dancing with the one that brung me pistol shooting in the first place...

GR

lysander
April 11, 2005, 09:01 PM
Should this end up being a limited run of this style...that seems to be all the more reason to get a pair of them. :p

lysander
April 15, 2005, 03:53 PM
Grayrider....be sure to let us know when you get this gun. I have my regular FFL putting feelers out for me so I can grab one myself. I would LOVE pics and a range report once you get yours.

Grayrider
April 15, 2005, 05:25 PM
Will do! I need to see if the FFL got there yet. Mail from out here in the country runs sloooowwwwww.....

GR

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ fans: SP-01 will soon be mine." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!