Gun shops in MN?

PDA

fish2xs
March 14, 2003, 04:14 PM
I will be travelling to Minn/St Paul next month. Are there any large shops worth visiting in the area?

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun shops in MN?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Oleg Volk
March 14, 2003, 04:49 PM
The only one I can recommend is GunStop in Excelsiour, West of Minneapolis. 952-474-4570 -- best service, best prices, nice honest people. Last I checked, owned by Howard. That store is among the very few things I miss about MN.

mpthole
March 14, 2003, 05:29 PM
GunStop is awesome!!! If you're into reloading, they've got a great selection of presses and components too.

Armored Fire has their customer appreciation weekend this weekend. What a coincidence! They have a website at: Armored Fire (http://www.armored-fire.com/) I bought my Barrett M99 from these guys. Pretty good selection and nice indoor shooting range attached.

Bill's Gun Shop & Range in Robbinsdale is hardly worth going to (IMO) unless they have a specific gun you want to rent to try out.

If you need a place just to do some pistol shooting, go to the Bursnville Pistol Range, down by the Burnsville mall. Roger is a pretty nice guy and its pretty cheap - $7 IIRC was what I paid the last time I was there.

powerstrk
March 14, 2003, 06:38 PM
GunStop is theeee best. I have bought several weopons there. They are only 5 minutes from my house. Better than most around the area. BPR is also very good. Roger still owns the place. Price's are good.

AR-10
March 14, 2003, 07:20 PM
If you want to look at some CZ rifles or pistols, try The Outdoorsman in Hopkins. It is not a large shop, but the owners are very friendly.

He showed me a couple of CZ rifles that were very nice. They carry other stock as well, but they seem real proud of the CZ line.

MrKandiyohi
March 14, 2003, 08:48 PM
I always try to stop by The Frontiersman at 394 and Louisiana Ave when I'm in the Cities.

Another vote for the Gunstop, also.

I've never been to Armored Fire, so no opinion there.

F4GIB
March 14, 2003, 10:41 PM
If you want to pay high retail, Bills in Robinsdale and Armored Fire in Circle Pines will welcome you. Both Minneapolis and St. Paul have "zoned-out" all gun shops.

Armored Fire, though, does have the best indoor range in the state. 50 yards for rifle and pistol - good light, good air & good repair. Nice people too.

Best selection is at Minn. Weapons Collectors Assn gun shows.
They have a their largest and best show in the Coliseum Building at the State Fair grounds in St. Paul on March 22-23.
see www.mwca.org

Big_R
March 15, 2003, 01:57 AM
Just so ya know, the Gun Stop has a website. Take note of their hours.

http://www.gunstop.com/contact.asp

I also like the Frontiersman. It's too bad you're not coming a bit outstate, I can recommend a good shop in Hutchinson.

Ryan

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun shops in MN?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!