Best ad for ammo I have ever seen

PDA

rock jock
March 14, 2003, 06:43 PM
Pasted from a local classified website:

.223 Rem. (5.56 mm.) Bullet for Sale
"This is a single 55 grain bullet from Wolf Performance Ammunition. It's in NIB condition, box included. I'm asking about $0.17 for it, obo. E-mail for details."

The guy includes a picture for reference. I am tempted to offer ten cents, if he will pay for shipping.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Best ad for ammo I have ever seen" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Blackhawk
March 14, 2003, 07:06 PM
Guy buys a classified ad for several bucks for this? There's more here than meets the eye. :D

rock jock
March 14, 2003, 07:09 PM
Its a free classifieds site. I've bought and sold several guns on this site.

Steve Smith
March 14, 2003, 07:09 PM
There is STILL something more to this.

rock jock
March 14, 2003, 07:46 PM
Well, I emailed the guy and made an offer. I'll cross my fingers.

bigjim
March 14, 2003, 07:56 PM
Yes Steve and its called humor.

Which by the way I am selling for .10 plus shipping.
I think you could use some of this.

Jim

geegee
March 14, 2003, 08:19 PM
Let me know if the same guy runs an ad for a .45 ACP round. I have a Wilson 8 round mag I need to top off. :neener: geegee

Steve Smith
March 14, 2003, 09:07 PM
Doubt it. I'm not here for the jokes.

Chipperman
March 14, 2003, 11:25 PM
Is it a bullet, or a whole cartridge? If it's just the bullet, you're getting taken for a ride. :p

*8*
March 14, 2003, 11:28 PM
rofL =P

Autolite
March 14, 2003, 11:33 PM
Does it come with a spare primer?

kalibear45
March 14, 2003, 11:35 PM
http://www.rocketsky.net/~mysmilies/otn/realhappy/biglaugh.gif

griz
March 15, 2003, 12:07 AM
If you pay more than 4 cent for it you are getting burned. The entire round only cost 10 or 11 cents.

Back to the funny ads. That one can’t hold a candle to this site. It simply amazes me with its glowing self praise and psuedo-science language:
http://www.extremeshockusa.com/pages/welcome.html

They claim to have rounds that will not penetrate sheetrock, are safer to EMS workers, and that "in the magazine of a capable operator are the difference between victory and defeat". Here is a another quote:

"ExtremeShock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational core of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system."

I do have to agree with one of their lines, there ad is "beyond description". I suppose I’m not part of their target market. The pictures of the high speed low drag models crashing through windows should have tipped me off.

:rolleyes:

rock jock
March 15, 2003, 03:30 PM
Your right, griz, that is funnier.

firestar
March 15, 2003, 04:21 PM
I think the guy selling the bullet is a geneis. He can make $170.00 if he can sell 1000 of them and almost double his investment. A case goes for about $90-100 so he is really thinking!:D

We have a free ad paper in my area where people can list any they want to sell for free (the paper costs money) and I see ads like this all the time. People will sell an old shoe with no laces for a dime. I think it is mostly retired people or mildly retarded people who have nothing else to do.

Weimadog
March 15, 2003, 08:31 PM
Griz,

You shouldn't laugh at the ExtremeShock advertisement. That round offers "railgun accuracy" :eek:

Do not mock ExtremeShock!

Weimadog

If you enjoyed reading about "Best ad for ammo I have ever seen" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!