If you like. . .

PDA

Boats
December 31, 2002, 02:44 PM
The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, you may also enjoy. . .

If you enjoyed reading about "If you like. . ." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Triad
December 31, 2002, 02:48 PM
Anything else by Heinlein.:confused:

Rangerover
December 31, 2002, 03:16 PM
Uhhhh...I always thought "The Number Of The Beast" was a good one... :uhoh:

GregoryTech
December 31, 2002, 03:17 PM
Hi Boats,

Good to see ya!

Schuey2002
December 31, 2002, 03:22 PM
..you may also enjoy....
What ??:confused:

Is there going to be a picture to follow .. :D

El Tejon
December 31, 2002, 03:24 PM
. . . other books with talking computers?:confused:

Boats
December 31, 2002, 04:03 PM
C'mon! I am going to the bookstore this weekend, gimme some suggestions.

Boats
December 31, 2002, 04:05 PM
The "Newlywed?"

Are you the "newlywed" from mm.com?

GregoryTech
December 31, 2002, 04:19 PM
:evil:

The one and only.

:banghead:

Rangerover
December 31, 2002, 04:38 PM
If you like good Sci-Fi, "The Boat Of A Million Years" by Poul Anderson really, er, "blew me away" (feeble attempt to make it firearms related). :rolleyes:

Schuey2002
December 31, 2002, 04:47 PM
Boats,

Your thread sounded like YOU were going to add something to it, another book that you enjoyed perhaps,that may be why you got the "what?" replies..:)

Ian
December 31, 2002, 05:07 PM
F Paul Wilson's Enemy of the State is similar to TMIAHM, and an excellent book in its own right (makes me want to search Amazon.com for the Book of Kyfho ;)).

L. Neil Smith's books are also very good and libertarian/anarachist themed, although I don't think any use a political revolution as a primary plot.

Don L. Tiggre's novel Y2K: The Millenium Bug is along the same political lines, though not as polished as Smith or Wilson (it was his first novel).

John Ross' Unintended Consequences is a great read, despite needing a better editor. Definitely look for that one.

Boston T. Party is working on a novel along the lines of Y2K and U.C., but it's not out yet. The working title is Molon Labe :cool: . Hopefully it'll come out in the next few months.

If you enjoyed reading about "If you like. . ." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!