Commercial FN 98 Mauser

PDA

April 24, 2005, 01:18 PM
Hi, I am new here but I am looking for information on a commercial FN 98 Mauser I recently aquired. This FN action has been rebarreld to a 25.06. I have several FN commercial mausers but this one has the FN with the circle on the right side of the action. Under that it has made in Belgiumabove the recoil lug. There are no markings on top of the receiver and there are 4 proof marks on the left side above the recoil lug. All the markings will be below the wood line so they are not visibale with the barreled action in the stock. I thought it was odd that the markings are on the right side instead of the left side. If anyone out there can tell me something about this aFN action I would be most great full. One fellow said it could have been used on a early Colt rifle but I have no idea if this is correct. Please contact me at bkt76rpt79@aol.com

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Commercial FN 98 Mauser" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Commercial FN 98 Mauser" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!