gun disease

PDA

Cin
April 24, 2005, 09:31 PM
is there a name for this disease that seems to strike normal people? the symptoms are #1 hearing the guns speak to you when you walk into a gun shop, saying take me home. #2 when at the gun range if you see someone using a gun you don't have it starts saying the same thing, #3 the guns you do own are always saying shoot me and then clean me, #4 when it gets really bad your ammo starts saying use me and you start buying accessories for guns you don't own yet. i need to know what this is because the hubby and i both have it bad. is it contagious? is there a cure? Cin

If you enjoyed reading about "gun disease" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
boofus
April 24, 2005, 09:52 PM
Dude you're a psycho. I don't have any of those symptoms.

I just go to the gun show when the big fluffy pink bunny tells me to and when he points at a gun on the table I buy it. :neener:

P95Carry
April 24, 2005, 10:00 PM
is it contagious? is there a cure? CIN - when you get to my advanced years you will realize (sorry - have confirmed for you) that indeed no known treatment exists. None that is that works - they are all palliatives and regression occurs frequently - remission phases being very brief.

It is during remissions that guns talk loudest - they call - summoning you - they need adoption.

As for contagious .... well I have not worked out whether contagion is the deal or maybe infection. The touch aspect sure is not to be taken lightly - touch one and - it will readily adhere to your skin - so requiring that trip home. Infection OTOH can be seen when at the range - breathing the ''fumes'' from someone else's gun - that takes on then an aura of lust - the ''must have'' syndrome.

All in all - bite the bullet (caliber of your choice) - accept your fate (and hubby too) and get the hell on with your life (that small part necessary for day to day stuff, that regretably does not involve guns and shooting.)!

There - clear enough!! :D :neener:

RevDisk
April 24, 2005, 10:03 PM
Is it contagious? Gods, I hope so.

Is there a cure? Doubtful. Even if there was, would you want it?

Brick
April 24, 2005, 10:04 PM
Hello folks.™

is it contagious?

Extremely.

is there a cure?

Yes. Buy more and more until your wishes are satisfied.

;)

Standing Wolf
April 24, 2005, 10:04 PM
I just go to the gun show when the big fluffy pink bunny tells me to and when he points at a gun on the table I buy it.

Oh, for heaven's sake! She's a girl bunny!

Cin
April 24, 2005, 10:07 PM
want a cure? not me lol. it seems here lately that ever gun hubby buys i end up with the same gun in stainless. i bought a backup .380 yesterday and guess what? hubby bought one today!

sm
April 24, 2005, 10:07 PM
This is not a disease - it is called normalacy.

Now the folks whom don't act this way, hate guns, wish to take away Freedoms - crazier than a road tick.

Gunz
April 24, 2005, 10:10 PM
I am incurable.

The advanced stages include: Gun store owners know your name and preferences better than wife/girlfriend. You spend more at the store than on wife/girlfriend. You are happier taking home a gun, than even wife/girlfriend.

The really incurable moment occurs when the background check person on the other end knows your name without license numbers or SSN. Sometimes, they hear it, and run a check before anything else is said, and an approval number is given before the gun store guy can even finish his sentence making the request for the background check.

You know, I think buying guns is more addicting than narcotics or nicotine.

Of course, the fun is having bragging rights, and a fine shooting bullet launcher....

wrench
April 24, 2005, 10:12 PM
more an addiction than a disease, I think. Cocaine would be cheaper and easier to kick!
Hi, my name is wrench, and it has been one day since my last gun purchase...
:D

Rupestris
April 24, 2005, 10:14 PM
Is it contagious?

Well, yes and no.

You see, with many it festers and worsens as exposure time grows. It doesn't result in death but it can result in pain(usually in the shoulder), depleated bank accounts, deminishing storage space in the house, etc. All of which are survivable.

Unfortunately, their are some, and too many at that, that build an imunity to it. The more they are exposed to guns, the more they hate them. Their ire is raised by the mention of firearms. These people need to be prayed for. There is no known cure for this strain of the gun disease either. In rare cases, this strain can result in death. You should be patient and try to help those that suffer from this strain. (Note: If foam-at-the-mouth rabid blathering is displayed, it might me too late. )

craig
April 24, 2005, 10:18 PM
hi, i'm craig. i bought a gun yesterday. thought i was cured but i slipped and bought another one today.

Rupestris
April 24, 2005, 10:20 PM
Hi Craig!!

:D

Sharps Shooter
April 24, 2005, 11:00 PM
Cin - Yes, it's contagious. The chances are, either your hubby contracted the gun disease from you, or you contracted it from him. And no, it's not curable. My wife became infected with it many years ago when she followed me home to Idaho from the Peoples Republik of **********. The good news is, the gun disease, while chronic and expensive, is not fatal - quite the opposite. ;)

Cin
April 25, 2005, 11:52 AM
its all hubbys fault then! when we got together 2 years ago i had only fired a gun once. now i own roughly 14. we have 28 between us..( we take turns on who gets the next new gun. he buys one, i buy one, he buys one and so on) i have to do a inventory today and write all the serial #'s down again. over the weekend we bought 3 new ones and the christmas guns haven't been added to our list. i'm sure there is another one somewhere in the safe that got missed. then start looking for my next purchase! cin

Jon Coppenbarger
April 25, 2005, 12:04 PM
I had a toaster that used to talk to me and tell me do do evil things.
I got rid of it and have not bought another one since.
My blender started also so I put it out in the garage and have not heard from it since.
I hope my fire arms do not start to talk to me now.
everything they said made sense at the time.

If you enjoyed reading about "gun disease" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!