Mother's Day Bouquet (gun related)

PDA

Joelk
April 26, 2005, 06:28 PM
I wanted to give Mom something different this year so I (with a little help from my girlfriend) made this bouquet using expanded bullets for flowers and a few unfired for buds. For those interested in the details they are a mix of .40 and .45, Barnes DPX, Federal EFMJ, and Speer Gold Dot.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/Joelk69/IMG_0585.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Mother's Day Bouquet (gun related)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Vic303
April 26, 2005, 06:48 PM
Sweet. I'll make sure my husband sees it in case he wants to do likewise! :)

pax
April 26, 2005, 06:52 PM
Too funny -- my kids have always referred to expanded jackets or bullets as "range flowers."

pax

Stickjockey
April 26, 2005, 07:05 PM
Your Mom is a gun person, right?

Just checking.

Joelk
April 26, 2005, 07:59 PM
My mom inadvertently gave me the idea when she was looking at some bullets my brother and I had shot into water and recovered, and said they looked like little flowers. She will think it is cute/funny, not psychotic :)

shermacman
April 26, 2005, 08:26 PM
I wanted to make an obnoxious comment about this, but the fact is that the bouquet is really well done....Your mom is a lucky lady!

Mulliga
April 26, 2005, 08:52 PM
Seriously - good job!

P95Carry
April 26, 2005, 09:22 PM
Most creative Joe - I hope she will be pleased. Not least by your thought for the day as well as the flair and time spent making.

Like it! :)

Standing Wolf
April 26, 2005, 11:20 PM
One hopes she'll get a bang out of it.

White Horseradish
April 26, 2005, 11:24 PM
Man, you did a bang-up job! Any mother would be lucky to get a gift of this caliber. I'd say you're a budding artist. :neener:

trickyasafox
April 27, 2005, 12:27 AM
extremely cool!

JMI
April 27, 2005, 12:31 AM
Pretty awesome!

wmenorr67
April 27, 2005, 01:24 PM
Looks cool and can never be killed. What did you use for the stems and leaves? The stems look to be pipe cleaners but don't think they would be strong enough to hold up the bullets.

Joelk
April 27, 2005, 04:59 PM
I went to the craft store and they have all kinds of fake stems, leaves, moss, foam to hold the stems up, and even the pot. Then I just drilled small holes partway into the back of the bullets and glued in the stems. I actually had fun making this, and I am sure my Mom will get a good laugh out of it :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Mother's Day Bouquet (gun related)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!