Less of a poster, more of a sentiment

PDA

Oleg Volk
April 29, 2005, 02:07 AM
http://www.olegvolk.net/gallery/albums/arms/proportional6909.sized.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Less of a poster, more of a sentiment" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wasrjoe
April 29, 2005, 02:30 AM
I like this one. Change nothing. Looks great the way it is.

4570Rick
April 29, 2005, 04:09 AM
I like it too. :D

Standing Wolf
April 29, 2005, 04:54 AM
I like everything but the letter spacing.

thorn726
April 29, 2005, 05:15 AM
i'd remove the "but" (of course then the poster only works for folks who already share the sentiment)

powerful. great one as always

foghornl
April 29, 2005, 09:46 AM
works 4 me ! ! ! !

Great artwork, and strong statement of fact.

geekWithA.45
April 29, 2005, 09:55 AM
Bang on, Oleg.

Flawless.

I think this is the first time I've had no tweaks to offer.

:)

DarkKnight01
April 29, 2005, 10:11 AM
Thats great, It gets the point across clearly :) I saved the image (hope you dont mind)

SapperLeader
April 29, 2005, 10:28 AM
I really like it :) No suggestions, no improvements, perfect the way it is :D

Rusher
April 29, 2005, 10:39 AM
Oleg

I especially like the concerned look of the woman looking down at the threat after a confrontation.........no look of gloating....no dancing..... No room for the anti's to skew this as a blood thristy promo for vigilantism.

Again another wonderful visual portrayal

Rusher

middy
April 29, 2005, 10:44 AM
I love it. Except for the yellow... did you try white or light grey?

Chut1st
April 29, 2005, 11:33 AM
Another great one, Oleg! Do you mind if I print off a copy to post in my workshop?

Oleg Volk
April 29, 2005, 01:13 PM
The printable version (4000x3000 pixels) is http://www.olegvolk.net/gallery/albums/arms/proportional6909.jpg

I tried green, gray and yellow, went with the latter because the others lacked visibility.

As for the text, make a mockup of improved text, I'd like to see how it can be done better.

entropy
April 29, 2005, 08:37 PM
Perfect right off, Oleg! Nice shotty, BTW! :D

psyopspec
April 29, 2005, 08:50 PM
Feel free to mess with the font or letter coloring as others have suggested, but I believe this is one of the best products you've produced in my time on THR. I've got a great target audience (the modern American female college student) to share your work with. Thanks, and keep it up!!

Joejojoba111
April 29, 2005, 09:50 PM
What's reflected in the pupil?

spartacus2002
April 29, 2005, 10:10 PM
<----still waiting for Oleg to use Pamela Anderson as a model :D

As I explained to my wife, it's not an addiction, it's a fetish.

yorec
April 29, 2005, 10:51 PM
Love the sentiment. Especially effective on computer as you scroll up from top half to bottom...

roo_ster
April 29, 2005, 10:52 PM
Very well done. The eyeshot on the lower left softens the harsh goings-on implied to the right.

I work with ugly engineer-crafted Excel & Powerpoint graphics every day. It is nice to see what somebody with an eye for aestetics can do.

Oh, and the sentiment expressed is right-on. I'd much rather comfort my wife after she ventilated some dirtbag than have to ID her at the coroner's office.

Oleg Volk
April 29, 2005, 10:56 PM
Relection shows the softbox...maybe I should add a silhouette into it. Since my home computer got messed up by lightning earlier today (http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=7800#p7800 ), it may be some time before I can update that graphic.

P95Carry
April 29, 2005, 11:02 PM
Oleg - like it immensely but - wanted to ''play'' a bit - so offer a slight alternative. Like most of these things - there are no finished results that will always be judged perfect - always scope for change!

I painted out the rather large (to me) eye catchlight - and changed wording a tad as well as font ... plenty of other fonts would suit tho. I chose bottom text color as a sample of lightest skin tone of model... the yellow for me was a problem .. too blatant.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=24141

MaterDei
April 29, 2005, 11:24 PM
Chris' graphics are AWESOME. Much better than the original.

The font doesn't matter as much though.

Good work to both of you.

Cool Hand Luke 22:36
April 30, 2005, 12:22 PM
Good poster.

Here's a suggestion for a related one: the hand with the knife and the cuff of the flannel coat is reflected in a very large image of the woman's eye, and the image of her next to it would show her with a phone in her left hand and a .38 snubnose in her right, standing over the torso of the BG in the red flannel coat.

Nightfall
April 30, 2005, 02:42 PM
Great wording , Mr. Volk. Simple and clear message.

Glocker
April 30, 2005, 02:57 PM
love it :cool:

Third_Rail
April 30, 2005, 04:29 PM
Wonderful!!

I can't think of anything to change except perhaps the spaces between the letters on "argument". It seems a bit hollow, so to speak.

geegee
April 30, 2005, 09:31 PM
A request from a knife knut!

I like everything about it except the knife. Why use an old style Italian auto, or "switchblade?" As a knife owner who would like to be able to legally carry an auto when I choose, I'm restrained by an archaic and silly law that was born in the 60's as a result of the old Marlon Brando/biker movies. What was the nefarious weapon of choice for all those evil bikers? Why an Italian switchblade, of course! :banghead:

The misconceptions, paranoia, and hype that surround auto knives resemble in scope and absence of logic what drove the Assault Weapons Ban: demonize the object (evil black rifles or switchblades) that will then allow lazy legislators to drive through another piece of meaningless legislation. In the end it does nothing to prevent a single crime, but makes it look as though they're keeping America safe (from roving bands of bikers and para-military civilians armed with black rifles, I guess).

Use a regular folder or fixed blade in that picture and it won't change the message at all, and in doing so also avoids playing into the hands of alarmist liberals.

If you enjoyed reading about "Less of a poster, more of a sentiment" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!