I may have found the most ignorant person on the planet

PDA

misANTHrope
April 30, 2005, 12:08 AM
http://www.brentroad.com/message_topic.aspx?topic=312386&page=1

Disclaimer: Set aside a decent block of time- there's easily 30 minutes of reading there, if you can wade through it all.

This is a forum for students of NC State University. Now, while it definitely houses the standard crop of college students who are not just drunk on cheap beer, but also on their sudden ability to form opinions based on hearsay and their rosy views of life. So I expect any gun-related thread to have its share of people making short-sighted comments, but at least most of them either shut up or discuss when we try to debate with them.

Not this guy. If you read the thread, you'll quickly figure out who I'm referring to. When I first read it, it was already at the five-page point. I considered seriously responding and trying to address some of his concerns, but I realized that it was completely pointless. No amount of rational reasoning will convince this guy he's wrong. I think he could see visual, demonstrable proof of his error and still debunk it somehow. So I chose not to respond.

As far as I can determine, the only thing that might possibly alter this guy's view would be for him to be the victim of a violent crime, because currently he seems utterly convinced that since he's never had anything bad happen to him, bad things don't happen. I know he's only 21, but that's just amazingly ignorant. I don't want to wish harm upon the guy, but I do wish his eyes could be opened somehow.

If you enjoyed reading about "I may have found the most ignorant person on the planet" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ZeroX
April 30, 2005, 12:24 AM
Lemme guess, is it Kris? :rolleyes: :barf:

misANTHrope
April 30, 2005, 12:44 AM
Yeah.

I responded anyway. Pointless, yes, but I formed what I wanted to say and let it out. If he wants to debate, I'm up for it, even though I'm certain nothing will change the fact that he'll somehow walk away convinced that he showed me and other "rednecks" up.

P95Carry
April 30, 2005, 12:44 AM
I confess to not having the patience or time to plow thru all. Moron seemed like a good starting candidate but then Kris seemed to be asserting himself!I still think you people are stupid for owning them. There is no practical purpose for owing one. Think what you will buddy! :rolleyes: :)

ZeroX
April 30, 2005, 12:47 AM
How sad that they spent 4 pages on whether a bullet can knock you down and they still didn't convince the bastard.

Chrontius
April 30, 2005, 01:43 AM
Victim... of a violent crime...

The good news is there's going to be plenty of volunteers :)

"If I see a guy who's going to kill somebody unless I intervene, I will intervene."

That wasn't what was happening though, it was a man beating his wife.

I know a guy who was jumped on hillsborough and dragged behind a building and then they proceeded to beat him. They ended up busting both of his knees and put him in the hospital for two weeks. They jumped him and took his wallet and no one was ever arrested. BTW, just so you know, it was 3 black guys and he is a 50 year old Chinese man who can barely see.

why didn't he use kung fu?

Parker Dean
April 30, 2005, 01:53 AM
why didn't he use kung fu?

That explains it. The guy's a troll. There's no other explanation for such an answer.

misANTHrope
April 30, 2005, 01:58 AM
A troll with 27,166 posts... so a troll with lots of time on his hands... :banghead:

BigSlick
April 30, 2005, 03:23 AM
Kinda like wrestling a pig in the mud, no matter how hard you try, you just can't win... after a few minutes you finally realize the pig likes it.

BigSlick

whm1974
April 30, 2005, 03:45 AM
Kinda like wrestling a pig in the mud, no matter how hard you try, you just can't win... after a few minutes you finally realize the pig likes it.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You will just waste your time, and annoy the pig.

-Bill

oneslowgun
April 30, 2005, 04:36 AM
I am less for having spent the time to read that.

armoredman
April 30, 2005, 10:00 AM
I never knew gunkid had a LIEberal brother until now.....

fletcher
April 30, 2005, 11:11 AM
I'm "omghax" on that forum, and Kris is, for lack of a better description, an arrogant moron who depends on the ignorance of others to continue his arguments. He is bigoted, and will not budge in his beliefs no matter how much evidence or reason is presented to him. I gave up trying to argue, as I know that this one fool (and everyone else agrees) thinking these things will not change anyone else's views.

Cool Hand Luke 22:36
April 30, 2005, 11:29 AM
As far as I can determine, the only thing that might possibly alter this guy's view would be for him to be the victim of a violent crime,

No, in many cases these people rationalize away any responsibility the criminal had for his actions and arrive, somehow, at the conclusion that the criminal wouldn't have acted out their violent impulse if there were no guns available. They will then blame the NRA and gun manufacturer for what befell them. Sarah Brady is a classic example of this twisted thinking.

Guy B. Meredith
April 30, 2005, 01:00 PM
It's is futile and a waste of time trying to talk anyone out of their statements. Best to just continuously demand they back up their statements. "Bullets knock people down? Prove it." And so on.

Arc-Lite
April 30, 2005, 01:08 PM
the best part of this thread are the pig jokes... no surprise there are dumb and blind by choice people...and the fact is...there are guns... all his whining and seeing the world, as he chooses will not change things, with him, or the realities of the world. you feed a troll, and they stay around !!!

mathyoo
April 30, 2005, 03:00 PM
Thats funny, when I was 16 I took a .45acp to the shoulder (don't ask). I didn't go flying back, I didn't even fall down. In fact, I didn't even know I was hit. I just heard the shots, turned around and hauled @$$ towards the gas station around the corner. I learned there that I had been hit. :uhoh:

iapetus
April 30, 2005, 03:50 PM
Nothing unusual about someone not listening in an argument about thr RKBA...

But to not listen (for 4+ pages) in a discussion about physics, and to ignore experimental evidence as well... :banghead:

Not to mention when he claimed that victims of domestic violence were as guilty as their abusers, and deserved to die. :barf:

Although I'm not sure he'd the stupidest person in the world...

A few months ago in the UK, a few people were killed when a train hit a car that had stopped on a railway crossing. Someone on the BBC message board said that the government "must" replace all level crossings with bridges or tunnels. I said that would cost billions, and if you wanted to save lives, they would be much more useful ways to spend the money. They countered with "That's the sort of uncaring attitude that Hitler would be proud of".

griz
April 30, 2005, 04:48 PM
Quote from Kris:

those aren't real statistics, I wasn't even born when those were made

How can you argue with such a well reasoned man? :rolleyes:

fjolnirsson
April 30, 2005, 05:08 PM
Gods, I didn't even make it to the bottom of the first page before I started wanting to :banghead: . I don't know how you folks converse with people like that.
Good on ya, though.

AnthonyRSS
May 1, 2005, 12:42 AM
I read the first page and had to quit. It ticks me off. kris must be one hell of a knife fighter to be able to kill a guy with a sword....

It makes me want to kick his

Anthony

Antjo
May 1, 2005, 01:04 AM
I made it about half way down the 1st page, sorry, but I'm not wasting my time reading that uneducated dribble. People should really find FACTS before they speak, they might just appear a little more intelligent.

Jeff OTMG
May 1, 2005, 04:11 PM
Someone please post this link for Kris. I am not going to pay $5 through PayPal, an antigun company.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00009YP7P/103-2996281-0719062?v=glance

There are two reviews of the video Deadly Weapons, one a LEO, and both mention the shooting of a person wearing a bullet proof vest at point blank range with a FAL. Maybe a real shooting will convince him. The vest takes the action of the body CNS out of the equation, leaving only the effect of the physics. The guy being shot even stands on one foot while being shot.

MechAg94
May 1, 2005, 07:05 PM
It's NOT a necessary tool. Humanity thrived for thousands (maybe millions) of years without guns. Moron
:D :D :D :D That is just too funny.

It was entertaining for a few minutes, but it gets repetitive.

Waitone
May 1, 2005, 08:05 PM
On other threads I wondered out loud about how a journalist can get paid to be an idiot. This particular thread demonstrates to me there are some who pay to be idiots.

Idiots will be idiots. Law of nature.

armabill
May 1, 2005, 09:05 PM
He's worried that his life isn't worth $40. Well the bad guy doesn't care and might shoot him anyway, whether he gets the $40 or not.

One of these days, he's going to get an eye opener and the sad part is that we won't be there to see it and say, "I told you so"!

Berek
May 1, 2005, 10:20 PM
MechAg94: Yeah, but has he considered: what if the dinosaurs want their planet back. :eek: We moved in like cockroaches to an empty tenament building. I for one would perfer to have my .300WSM than become DinoBits. (meaningless babble ending... Please wait...)

;)
Berek

MechAg94
May 1, 2005, 10:53 PM
Regarding the $40, hasn't he ever heard "Country Boy Can Survive" ?? :)

If you enjoyed reading about "I may have found the most ignorant person on the planet" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!