made some shooting buddies this weekend

PDA

Commissar Gribb
May 2, 2005, 04:39 PM
me and my close buddy took some guys from my job out to shoot this weekend. It was great. Everyone had fun and now they don't seem to think that I'm the "gun nut" at work.

I brought out my AK, Hi power, S&W 645, ruger SA blackhawk, and my friend's mosin 44. The .45 and the AK were both favorites.

We also found out that shooting clays with an AK is quite interesting... and challenging.

"PULL!" - *BLAT BLAT BLAT BLAT!* "GOT IT!"

If you enjoyed reading about "made some shooting buddies this weekend" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Erich
May 2, 2005, 04:40 PM
Always nice to take new folks shooting. :)

P95Carry
May 2, 2005, 04:57 PM
Surprising - and gratifying too - to find there are indeed ''closet'' gunnies still to be found. Good too how so often they have a great time - and get their eyes open for once. :)

Good to hear it.

Godfather
May 2, 2005, 05:14 PM
What caliber is that Blackhawk?

I'd like to take clays with that...

*edit*
OK, nevermind, I just saw it in your sig.

What's the barrel length? I've got a 4" .357 I hunt with.

El Tejon
May 2, 2005, 06:12 PM
Good work, Tovarish Kommisar!

Each one, teach one (or a few). :)

heypete
May 2, 2005, 06:26 PM
I'm taking a buddy of mine from my old workplace (we both did dispatch for EMS before I joined the army and he moved over to LifeFlight) to the range tonight.

He's never shot a gun before, but is interested in shooting. However, he's also terrified of guns. Very unusual. As such, I'm bringing all my fun guns -- the scoped Ruger 10/22, the SKS, and the .30-06 (the latter so I can test out my handloads, as well as shoot off a few of the Four Foot Roiling Ball Of Flame...er...Olympic Ammunition rounds I have lying around.)

It'll be a fun night.

Moonclip
May 2, 2005, 09:58 PM
My dad found out his nurse practicioner is a gun person recently! I am usually quite about my lifestyle and hobby with others but please everyone try to make an effort to show others the shootong sports if possibe and that goes double if you live in a urban/liberal area or if you can introduce children or women or minorities to shooting, people usually not found on the the hunting fields or the shooting range. We need all the help and positive influence we can get.

UberPhLuBB
May 3, 2005, 12:07 AM
Just do be responsible when shooting clays with centerfire (or rimfire for that matter). That metal comes down somewhere!

Any plans to go back with these guys again?

If you enjoyed reading about "made some shooting buddies this weekend" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!