Mexican actress dies after SEEING gun

PDA

Erich
May 2, 2005, 03:43 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050430/ap_en_tv/mexico_actress_dies

Poor lady and her family.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mexican actress dies after SEEING gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dannyboy
May 2, 2005, 03:48 PM
That's a fairly misleading title. It's not like she just saw a gun laying on a table. There's a bit more to just seeing a gun when someone has one pointed at you.

Sawdust
May 2, 2005, 04:10 PM
That's the thing; apparently the gun *wasn't* ever pointed at her.

Sawdust

Zrex
May 2, 2005, 04:43 PM
I take it back. I guess guns *DO* kill people.

:rolleyes:

torpid
May 2, 2005, 04:46 PM
She didn't die from seeing a gun.

She died from seeing a GUN !!!

:what:

Bobarino
May 2, 2005, 05:18 PM
dang man i gotta get me one of those guns! kills without even being fired? i could defend my home and save my hearing at the same time!

Bobby

Jim K
May 2, 2005, 07:38 PM
A British spokeswoman for (then) Handgun Control once said on TV that when she saw an American (grimace of hatred) police officer on the street, she had to turn away. If she caught sight of a gun, she said, she became faint and vomited.

That is the kind of seriously psychotic people who make up the "gun control" movement.

Jim

bud45
May 2, 2005, 10:52 PM
Hopefully, all the gunphobics will violently puke and die of dehydration :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: And the ILLEGAL MEXICAN ALIENS, et.al. will be scared to DEATH before the hit the U.S. border...God bless the Minutemen! :eek: :eek: :eek:

RevDisk
May 3, 2005, 12:58 AM
So... What model was the gun in question, and where can I buy one?

Just think... if you had a firearm that killed without having to spend money on those pesky cartridges... Hmm...

Justin
May 3, 2005, 01:17 AM
Shenanigans. Guns are prohibited in Olde Mexico, so there's no way that the brigand who accosted her could have been armed with a firearm.

280PLUS
May 3, 2005, 06:42 AM
"Even if a bullet didn't kill her, the fear and the lack of public safety did."

You mean prohibiting guns doesn't work? :rolleyes:

ScottsGT
May 3, 2005, 08:10 AM
A new catagorie for the Darwin awards?

"So stupid you scare yourself to death over an object"

cortez kid
May 3, 2005, 08:28 AM
I think that being scared to death over a gun is totaly redi....IS THAT A STEAK KNIFE!!!!!......ARGH, FLUMP :rolleyes:
GOOD SHOOTIN
KID

mfree
May 3, 2005, 09:11 AM
"A British spokeswoman for (then) Handgun Control once said on TV that when she saw an American (grimace of hatred) police officer on the street, she had to turn away. If she caught sight of a gun, she said, she became faint and vomited."

That, my dear, is a psychological disorder.

Nightfall
May 3, 2005, 10:56 AM
Shenanigans. Guns are prohibited in Olde Mexico, so there's no way that the brigand who accosted her could have been armed with a firearm. Why, it's America's fault of course. Our loose gun laws let criminals in Mexico get all the guns they want! :rolleyes:

DRZinn
May 3, 2005, 11:29 AM
"We cannot feel anything other than an enormous rage and indignation,"Maybe just a hint of disgust???

Yowza
May 3, 2005, 01:05 PM
And some incredulity.

Rick

striker3
May 3, 2005, 02:17 PM
That's a fairly misleading title. It's not like she just saw a gun laying on a table. There's a bit more to just seeing a gun when someone has one pointed at you.

The weapon was never pointed at her, nor was she threatened with it.

Gurrea said the suspect — who was being held on suspicion of illegal weapons possession — did not apparently directly threaten or make any contact with Levy.

Flatfender
May 3, 2005, 02:34 PM
And yet, she wasn't afraid of burritos. :eek:
http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=136772

ScottsGT
May 4, 2005, 08:06 AM
And yet, she wasn't afraid of burritos.

Thats because burritos are part of their everyday life. Just like guns are part of ours here in the states.

Soooooo...... It's the Mexicans Govt. fault for making guns so illegal to own. :D She died because of Government Opression!

secamp32
May 4, 2005, 02:28 PM
because in front of every bank and casa de cambio (place to convert your dollars to pesos) there is a guard or 2 with an Uzi, FAL or shotgun. And the traffic police at every major intersection have a revolver (Althought I think the may unloaded).

simon
May 4, 2005, 03:05 PM
she became faint and vomited."

Too bad it wasn't in this order, maybe she would have drowned in puke...

dev_null
May 5, 2005, 07:46 AM
Apparently it's not just guns that scare Californians, even your haircut is grounds for police intervention:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,155513,00.html

- 0 -

(Maybe they were walking 3 mph over the limit.)

Missouri Mule
May 5, 2005, 01:46 PM
That's a liitle bit like saying I am a multimillionaire just because I saw the winning powerball numbers on TV.

Or like saying fat rosie is an an expert on men because her father was one.

Crosshair
May 6, 2005, 02:04 AM
I just looked at my SKS and let a big fart. :uhoh: Mabee I do have a fear of guns like that woman has, only not as severe. Either that or it's the pizza I ate earlier today. ;) Come to think of it, when I get the flu, I am in the bathroom for about 2 day's. Mabee if I got rid of my guns I wouldn't get the flu.

/Ow, my brain hurts from thinking like that. :p

AG007
May 7, 2005, 12:51 AM
I Heard A Rumor That It Was A .22lr Semi-auto, Maybe I Should Get Rid Of My .454 Cassul And Get One Of Those, Ha!

makanut
May 7, 2005, 03:57 PM
Guns are prohibited in Mexico. Apparently, she must have seen a burrito.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mexican actress dies after SEEING gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!