Racist literature on Cinco de Mayo

PDA

DRZinn
May 3, 2005, 10:46 PM
Check this out. This was distributed on my campus today by MEChA.

If you enjoyed reading about "Racist literature on Cinco de Mayo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CZ 75 BD
May 3, 2005, 10:59 PM
Does not appear to be racist although Mecha says "por la raza" which is inherently racist.

Cinco de Mayo in the US is about a pointless excuse for drinking.

I suppose us Scottish-Irish-Appalachian Americans should distribute some of the same type of educational material. As we know, God invented whisky to prevent the Irish from taking over the world.

DRZinn
May 3, 2005, 11:13 PM
All that talk about "kicking out the white people" sounds racist to me. It's not that they said it, it's that if it were a white man saying the same type of thing about Mexicans, they'd be all over him.

DRZinn
May 3, 2005, 11:15 PM
I'm not sure why they can't embrace it the way the Irish embraced our version of St Patrick's Day.

It's Cinco de Mayo - we're ALL Mexican today!

Art Eatman
May 3, 2005, 11:19 PM
Many people don't realize that the Titanic carried cargo as well as passengers. It's also unknown that after arriving at New York, the next port of call would have been Tampico, Mexico, to offload the country's annual supply of Heilmann's Mayonnaise.

The arrival date was to have been May 5th. The failure of the Titanic to arrive with its precious cargo led to a national day of mourning, now known as Sinko de Mayo.

Just a little historical footnote, there...

:D, Art

Sindawe
May 3, 2005, 11:24 PM
Hmmmm.... I suppose a banner with the words Viva La France! in big blue, white and red letters would be "inappropriate", non?

:evil:

LawDog
May 3, 2005, 11:25 PM
Art, Art, Art. http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/edoom/sad2.gif

You've been hanging around with the padre way too much.

LawDog

DigMe
May 3, 2005, 11:33 PM
Racism? From MeChA? Shocking.

brad cook

beerslurpy
May 3, 2005, 11:41 PM
Speaking as a white man who grew up in NYC, I think I can tell when people want to woop my ass for racial reasons.

The "kicking out the white people" is a huge tipoff.

It would be like hearing some white guy on TV talk about "kicking out all the ******s" or "kill those damn kikes." Why does everyone grow deaf when the target of the persecution is of european descent? It cant be rascism! They only hate the crackers! If Mecha/Aztlan/la raza isnt racist then neither is the Aryan Nation, the KKK or any of those other neo-nazi type orgs.

Where the hell is the ACLU on this one?

Phantom Warrior
May 3, 2005, 11:45 PM
HA HA HA. Sinko de Mayo. Classic...

Rebar
May 4, 2005, 12:38 AM
"Our culture is not for sale"

Explain Tijuana then.

nico
May 4, 2005, 12:52 AM
DocZinn, shoulda told them to shut up and have a Corona :neener:

Cool Hand Luke 22:36
May 4, 2005, 01:03 AM
I'm not sure why they can't embrace it the way the Irish embraced our version of St Patrick's Day.

Don't even think about comparing St. Patrick's day with something as meger as "Cinco De Mayo".

Defeating the French in a battle, whoopee, who couldn't.

And Bush apparently thinks it's just a great idea to let millions of these anti-white racists and seperatists into the US and live off of my and everyone else's dime, all the while cursing us for mistreating them so badly.

______

Incluso no piense de comparar d*a del St. Patrick con algo como meger como "Cinco De Mayo". Derrotando a los franceses en una batalla, whoopee, que no podr*a. Y Bush piensa al parecer que es justo una gran idea dejó a millones de estos racistas y seperatists contra-blancos en Los Estados Unidos y vivir apagado de mi y de cada uno moneda de diez centavos otra, todo el rato que nos maldice para mistreating los tan gravemente.

Alex45ACP
May 4, 2005, 01:05 AM
Interesting that it's written in English.

DRZinn
May 4, 2005, 01:12 AM
DocZinn, shoulda told them to shut up and have a Corona They had a little rally and everything. I wanted to stick around and cause trouble, but I just didn't feel like exerting myself today.

nico
May 4, 2005, 01:31 AM
you know, after reading that, I agree with them. There are more important things going on on May 5 than a bunch of white people getting drunk on crappy mexican beer: http://www.bovineunite.com/main.htm

c_yeager
May 4, 2005, 08:11 AM

Well, to be fair, the Irish tend to celbrate St Patrick's Day in much the same way as non-Irish Americans.

71Commander
May 4, 2005, 08:20 AM
Well, to be fair, the Irish tend to celbrate St Patrick's Day in much the same way as non-Irish Americans.

They do now, but it wasn't always that way. There wasn't a parade or any formal activities. People would get up and go to church and then a quiet day at home. The partying stuff started less than 20 years ago.

BryanP
May 4, 2005, 08:25 AM
Defeating the French in a battle, whoopee, who couldn't.

Uh, most of the known world at one point. Short guy, stuck his arm inside his coat a lot. Read about him. ;)

I've just read that document. It's no more racist than "Remember the Alamo."

El Tejon
May 4, 2005, 08:41 AM
Those guys need to calm down and buy a drink for a pretty girl on Thursday May 5th. :cool:

JohnBT
May 4, 2005, 11:58 AM
"The partying stuff started less than 20 years ago."

More like 30 or 35 IIRC, but then I was partying and probably don't remember correctly.

John

Cool Hand Luke 22:36
May 4, 2005, 12:19 PM
Uh, most of the known world at one point. Short guy, stuck his arm inside his coat a lot. Read about him.

Didn't he lose an entire Army in Africa, and then got his wazoo royally kicked all the way back from Moscow and later at Waterloo?

one-shot-one
May 4, 2005, 12:31 PM
might as well be in english, most of those this kind of stuff is directed to can't read anyway.

Yanus
May 4, 2005, 12:55 PM
Art,
Around here, it's "Drinko de Mayo".... :D

Yanus

Gordon Fink
May 4, 2005, 01:16 PM
I’ve never understood why the native peoples of central Mexico would think they have a territorial claim over the southwestern United States, as they never held control over this region or its peoples. Anything else is just a dispute between European conquerors.

~G. Fink

mainmech48
May 4, 2005, 01:19 PM
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it curious that the area they call "Atzlan" on their little map coincides with virtually all of the land that Spain claimed (with the exception of Florida and Louisiana) on the NA continent?

And since when were any of the indigenous peoples north of the 1912 border ever part of any Az, Zapo, Tol, or any other tec empire?

Looks to me as if what they really want is a rationale to emulate the very conquistadores that they claim to despise and grab a whole bunch of stuff that was never even remotely "theirs".

Vernal45
May 4, 2005, 02:12 PM
All that talk about "kicking out the white people" sounds racist to me. It's not that they said it, it's that if it were a white man saying the same type of thing about Mexicans, they'd be all over him.

Right on, double tap on that one.

Case and point, look what Gov. Arnold is going through.

BryanP
May 4, 2005, 02:48 PM
Didn't he lose an entire Army in Africa, and then got his wazoo royally kicked all the way back from Moscow and later at Waterloo?

Yes, but most of the rest of Europe had to gang up on him. Losing it tells you he took it at one point.

Stickjockey
May 4, 2005, 03:07 PM
Art-

Just to let you know, I read that out loud to the rest of my office. Horizon Airlines needs four new keyboards and monitors--

:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Racist literature on Cinco de Mayo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!