Odd discovery

PDA

Warren
May 5, 2005, 03:36 AM
I've been looking and looking at holsters just to find something that would work with my frame and my SIG 220.

As a stopgap measure I bought an Uncle Mike's IWB, but that shifted around too much for comfort.

Recently I ordered a Smartcarry but it does not work for me and will have to go back.

After trying the Smartcarry and finding out it is not for me I decided to slip the UM into my front pocket and it works well.

I use a small belt back ( because I do not yet have shirts long enough) to cover up the grip and I've found I can get a good drawstroke even while seated just by slightly pushing the pack out of the way. Though the car with the seat belts is a little slow. Just have to remember to unclick the belts BEFORE going for the gun.

It is comfortable as the hammer and the bit of the frame that juts out under the hammer, don't bite me and it carries well and does not print.

I do worry about the effect the weight might have on the cloth my pocket is made off. So I might have the cloth replaced with canvas unless I can find some pants that already have pockets like that. I can't find pants with typical (scoop) pocket openings and canvas pockets. p Though there are plenty with angled type pocket openings.

I'm not saying that I've ended my holster search but I am pleasantly suprised to find that a cheap holster + a belt pack + a front pocket makes a fine concealment system.

If you enjoyed reading about "Odd discovery" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
skidmark
May 5, 2005, 11:41 AM
If you want to pay $69+, you can try Blackie Collins' gun-toting jeans. Lots of cordura and stuff, but nowhere as "tactical" as 5.11's.

Duluth Trading Company <duluthtrading.com> has pocket inserts for their toolbelt pouches that work fairly well.

stay safe.

skidmark

DigMe
May 5, 2005, 12:15 PM
Sig 220 as a pocket gun!? You must have some MASSIVE pockets!
:eek:

brad cook

HighVelocity
May 5, 2005, 02:52 PM
Sig 220 as a pocket gun!? You must have some MASSIVE pockets!

Beat me to it. :evil:

Warren
May 5, 2005, 06:35 PM
I have the Toters website bookmarked but I cannot bring myself to pay $70 for a pair of pants when my COSTCO bought jeans are about 80% perfect for what I need.

And the pockets are the standard size which means that end of the slide and the grip both stick out of the pocket and have to be covered by the pack. Which is NOT a belt pack, that is it does not attach directly to my belt. It is a waist pack which has it's own strap. I apologize for any confusion that may have caused.

Pa. Patriot
May 5, 2005, 08:14 PM
If your like most people, after seeing the reviews and praises you will eventually take a look at the Milt Sparks VMII and think - too much $.
Then a few months - a year - a few years (usually) down the road you will have tried everything and finally give up and buy a VMII only to find out that for less than 25% of the cumulative $$ you spent over the last 3,4,5 years on holsters you didn't like you could have been comfortably carrying your piece(s) in the VMII the whole time :) ;)

revolvergeek
May 26, 2005, 04:23 PM
I have a VMII for my BHP and it is far and awy the most comfortable and stable holster that I have ever used.

torpid
May 26, 2005, 05:57 PM
Sig 220 in pocket?
Here2Learn must be a kangaroo! :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Odd discovery" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!