You Know You Are A Chronic OverLuber If...

PDA

DonNikmare
May 5, 2005, 10:01 PM
...you get through a session of dryfiring, look down, and your shirt is peppered with small drops of CLP :o

...when you need to re'clp your gun you simply press down on the padding in your gun box to get some.

Add on... :)

Nik

If you enjoyed reading about "You Know You Are A Chronic OverLuber If..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Standing Wolf
May 5, 2005, 10:56 PM
You didn't have enough oil on your High Standard pistol if you don't have droplets of oil on your shooting glasses by the third shot.

trickyasafox
May 5, 2005, 11:10 PM
your guns have more oil then your car. . . .

you could give jerry curls with what you squeegie off your bench. . .

your friends call you greased lightning at the line. . .

P95Carry
May 5, 2005, 11:37 PM
You Know You Are A Chronic OverLuber If... Your rifle barrel expands into a petal-like shape - after leaving final drive SAE 90 oil in the bore - ''in case of rust''. :p

foghornl
May 6, 2005, 07:59 AM
All of your pants have a down-to-the-knees stain of Rem-Oil from the IWB holsters and weapons carried in there. . .

You could sell surplus lube to Mobil/Exxon . . .

All of the fabric in your home is "Oil-Cloth" . . .

Your shooting buds call you "Slick Willy" . . And your last name is NOT Clinton.

You buy your clean-n-lube supplies in 55-gallon drums.

You buy your patches and swabs direct from the mill.

El Tejon
May 6, 2005, 08:08 AM
You can "ice skate" on your gun room floor.

Brian Williams
May 6, 2005, 08:15 AM
Your wife say's "What pretty colors on that Blue gun of yours", and the gun is SS

centac
May 6, 2005, 08:55 AM
You are irritated 'cause there's no dipstick.

chevrofreak
May 6, 2005, 09:25 AM
You're irritated because you are the dipstick.

Flashpoint
May 6, 2005, 09:26 AM
Your finger slips of the trigger when you try to fire of a round.

The rounds won't fire because the powder is wet.

Bwana John
May 6, 2005, 10:41 AM
Not really being into lube, I think you are a overluber if your guns DONT rust after it rains. ;)
As long as I keep living where it is dry Im OK, but those 2 years on the beach were really bad.

trickyasafox
May 6, 2005, 11:28 AM
those two years on the beach were bad

im sure it was awful for you. . .

Dr.Rob
May 6, 2005, 06:58 PM
What it's not supposed to drip wd-40?

Could have fooled me.

larry starling
May 6, 2005, 07:50 PM
My friend is a overluber! When we go shooting and I shoot his guns, im usually covered with Mobil 1. But I will have to say one thing we have never had any problems with reliability! my wife complains when she does the laundry though :what:

paul45
May 6, 2005, 07:53 PM
Yeah, and that brings the second problem...my friend shoots all my Colts and leaves his POS safe queens at home !

scout26
May 6, 2005, 08:31 PM
.....The Range Saftey Officer slides an oil change pan on the ground under your hands in front you before you start to shoot.

..... You reuse/recycle the lube you pump out of the bottom of your safe.

arcticap
May 6, 2005, 08:54 PM
When you realize that the best way to store your rifles is muzzle down! :what:

DonNikmare
May 6, 2005, 09:33 PM
...you get grease splatter on your glasses and everyone around you asks you "Do you have to keep so much grease in it?" You answer "Yes, it's a CETME!" (happened to me :o )

bluto
May 6, 2005, 11:23 PM
When you use TW25b as a base coat for CLP.

When you think "parkerized" is a shiny finish.

When your gun looks like a wet dog shaking himself after the first shot downrange.

When the hammer makes a squishing sound when it drops. :scrutiny:

HighVelocity
May 6, 2005, 11:32 PM
When your first shot always looks like a tracer round.

Too Many Choices!?
May 7, 2005, 12:31 AM
Your hard case's inside,"foam eggcrate liner", works as well as a treatment of cosmoline for extended storage periods ;) :p ...

Flashpoint
May 7, 2005, 10:31 AM
The range you frenquent nickname you Valdez (as in Exxon Valdez) and had to buy oil spill clean up equipment for when you leave the range.

LooseGrouper
May 8, 2005, 04:35 PM
The EPA has filed for a restraining order to keep you from hunting wetlands.

lbmii
May 8, 2005, 05:23 PM
Your pistol burst into flames. Oh no another grease fire!

280PLUS
May 8, 2005, 06:07 PM
The Range Officer standing behind you is covered in spatters of oil from your gun...

(Saw it)

Taurus 66
May 8, 2005, 07:11 PM
It appears you only perspire out one armpit.

BigSlick
May 8, 2005, 08:24 PM
You run a mag thru a Bulgarian AK and the range officer asks you what's on fire :D

BigSlick

patentnonsense
May 8, 2005, 08:30 PM
When you wipe off grease and oil between mags.
When the oil droplets fly farther than your brass.
When you find oil under the dirt on your hands.
When you lube up on the line during a session.

DonNikmare
May 8, 2005, 08:41 PM
...they call you "BigSlick" lol :)

...you lose small springs and parts on your gun table as the grease on it is 1/4 of a finger deep.

Taurus 66
May 8, 2005, 09:36 PM
Everything wind driven and airborn immediately clings to the gun - fine dust, pollen, dandelion seedlings, you name it.

DMK
May 8, 2005, 09:48 PM
You have to fill the bottom of your gunsafe with kitty litter to absorb the constant puddle of oil.

DonNikmare
May 8, 2005, 10:18 PM
...you and anyone visiting your gunroom/closet has to put on a pair of these...http://tinypic.com/50l645

:D

Ol` Joe
May 8, 2005, 10:20 PM
Crude prices rise every time you buy a new gun

crt360
May 8, 2005, 11:19 PM
You keep a golf towel clipped to your lanyard loop.

horge
May 9, 2005, 02:03 AM
You're an uber luber when Greenpeace comes a-knocking about all those migratory birds that keep drowning in your spills.

possenti
May 9, 2005, 10:07 PM
The EPA has filed for a restraining order to keep you from hunting wetlands.

DING! DING!

We have a winner!

LOL!

richyoung
May 10, 2005, 06:46 PM
You may be an over-luber if:

...you get "Thank You" cards from OPEC oil ministers -

...your "new black nylon" holster is actually your old tan leather holster -

...CLP in the spray can? 1 gallon jug? How about the 55 gallon drum, complete with the pneumatic dispenser just like one at Qwik-Lube -

...Mobil names a supertanker after you -

...wildcat drillers play poker for the mineral rights to your gun safe floor -

...you have to shoot your IDPA/IPSC matches in a new class called "smoking" -

...your buddies at the range think you are copying Val Kilmer's "Doc Holiday" from the movie "Tombstone", but you're actually just trying to re-holster your piece -

...you sometimes encounter PETA members bathing your household pets in Dawn dishwashing detergent -

...all your shirts are polka-dot - whether they started that way or not -

...you have to stop massaging mink oil into all of your gun leather, and instead switch to Clearasil in an attempt to curb the mysterious outbreak of "holster acne" -

...Carbon cutter? How about something that removes asphalt?

...You feel that since its called "Cleaner, Lubricant, Protectant" you have to put it on three times.

Ol` Joe
May 10, 2005, 06:51 PM
...You feel that since its called "Cleaner, Lubricant, Protectant" you have to put it on three times

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Archie
May 10, 2005, 06:54 PM
You get a firm grip on your pistol and the grips make a 'sklootching' noise.

P95Carry
May 10, 2005, 07:00 PM
Rich - some excellent additions - we have some real classics here!...You feel that since its called "Cleaner, Lubricant, Protectant" you have to put it on three times I agree - it is way :D :D

Does anyone classify for title of ''Uber Luber"?? :p

DonNikmare
May 10, 2005, 10:48 PM
I got some good laughs out of those :D

...you have to use talc powder or else getting a firm grip on your gun is like trying to get a firm grip on a fish or a bar of soap.

BluesBear
May 11, 2005, 10:32 AM
... you have more types of lubricants than your wife has spices and seasonings.

And

You carry ALL of them to the range just in case someone else's gun is a little dry.

TechBrute
May 11, 2005, 10:49 AM
...you have more "shop rags" than wearable t-shirts.

If you enjoyed reading about "You Know You Are A Chronic OverLuber If..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!