Practice your Zombie Stopping Skills

PDA

StopTheGrays
May 8, 2005, 10:53 AM
I do not know if anyone ran across this zombie "killing" game yet but in case no one has I thought I would share it. Enjoy.

Deanimator (http://artscool.cfa.cmu.edu/~lee/deanimator.html)

PS Yes, I know one cannot "kill" a zombie but how else would you say it?

If you enjoyed reading about "Practice your Zombie Stopping Skills" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
4v50 Gary
May 8, 2005, 11:39 AM
It's a waste of perfectly good zombies. Zombies need to be captured and harnassed as a source of energy. They can operate grist mills or tow ominibuses (provided they have their hands restrained and their face covered. All we have to do is cover our noses and put up with the flies.

BTW, nice Webley.

George Hill
May 8, 2005, 12:39 PM
That was awesome. :evil:

P95Carry
May 8, 2005, 12:49 PM
Stage 4 - score 29 - just a quick 'exploration' - this could tho get addictive! :p

MUCH more fun when the shotgun comes into play :evil: :D

Nice piece of Flash work.

TMM
May 8, 2005, 01:19 PM
couldn't get past stage 10, the scene was too dark, i couldn't see on my screen. i shotgun works good, but don't ya think the guy is a bit leisurley with reloading the thing? the rovolver is better, although you have to give those big guys a few double-taps and the little ones soemtimes get thier heads blown off and they still live!! oh well, good enough. addicting.

~TMM

Feanaro
May 8, 2005, 01:25 PM
I found this last night, I got 295 kills, stage 20 before I was done in. The shotgun kinda bites. Gramps can reload a revolver without speed loaders/moonclips faster than many well practiced men but he has to make a sandwich while reloading the SxS. It does pack a punch but it doesn't reload between levels. But if you know the level is about to end, shoot the last zombie, switch to the shotgun and click. If you do it before the "click to continue" message appears, you can reload the shotgun.

The revolver is a little hard to kill with but faster. If you nail 'em while they are rising up you only need one shot. You can deprive the funny headed ones of their deformed faces and then a torso shot will take them out. The other, normal looking(relatively), zombie's weak point is his arm. Blow it off, then a COM shot. Both can be hit in the leg, then a head-shot. The big ones... good luck. :neener:

Blackburn
May 8, 2005, 01:42 PM
How do you switch to the shotgun?

Edmond
May 8, 2005, 01:52 PM
Cool game! :D

P95Carry
May 8, 2005, 01:53 PM
Blackburn - IIRC - as it struck me - once you are in stage #4 - if you hit the shift key - it'll toggle to shotgun... and same to toggle back to revo after that.

DMK
May 8, 2005, 01:56 PM
How do you switch to the shotgun? Press the [shift] key on your keyboard.

I prefer the revolver. You need to click once more when it's empty though, it won't reload automatically. I found it helpful to shoot off the remaining rounds during a "lull" and reload fresh.

Those skinny guys are tough. They move faster in the upper levels and sometimes it takes five head or COM shots to stop them. Shooting them in the groin seems to do better. Definately hit them whenever you see them getting up, it only takes one shot.

This game certainly reinforces "keep shooting until the target's down"!

SkunkApe
May 8, 2005, 02:21 PM
I don't get it. You can't move, right? All you do is aim the gun up and down? My bullets seem to have no effect on some zombies. They kill me every time.

Blackburn
May 8, 2005, 02:35 PM
You click ON the zombies.

bratch
May 8, 2005, 02:38 PM
Level 12 129 kills. What works best for me is to shoot the guys coming out of the ground no matter what. I would disengage a zombie upright to shoot one on the ground.

On the gun side of it: I can see a weaker/more/faster or a fewer/slower/more powerful argument brewing.

natedog
May 8, 2005, 02:49 PM
Here's the story the game is based off of. Pretty neat.
http://www.dagonbytes.com/thelibrary/lovecraft/reanimator.htm

theCZ
May 8, 2005, 03:04 PM
stage 11, 112 zombies. I feel kinda dumb, at first I thought you just aimed in their direction, it's a lot easier when you click on them!

Malamute
May 8, 2005, 05:13 PM
I got 109 in 10 levels first try. Will have to try it again. Cool game.

SkunkApe
May 8, 2005, 05:23 PM
You click ON the zombies.

Hee-haw. Thanks.

LiquidTension
May 8, 2005, 05:40 PM
That's almost as fun as the skeet kitten game :D

StopTheGrays
May 8, 2005, 06:20 PM
*Tip*Sometimes they go down when you kneecap them.

Firethorn
May 8, 2005, 06:30 PM
And then one more takes them out.

I seem to like 103.

Edmond
May 8, 2005, 06:34 PM
Geez, that guy should equip himself with a semi-auto. :D

Daemon688
May 8, 2005, 07:13 PM
That was fun....back to studying now :banghead:

itgoesboom
May 8, 2005, 08:27 PM
Stage 11, 116 kills, whooo yaa...

Maybe I will survive the oncoming zombie invasion..... :scrutiny:

I.G.B.

DMK
May 8, 2005, 09:51 PM
Boy this game is addictive....

Justin
May 8, 2005, 10:47 PM
It's a waste of perfectly good zombies. Zombies need to be captured and harnassed as a source of energy. They can operate grist mills or tow ominibuses
So that's why that lady found a finger in Wendy's chili.

:p

blackhawk2000
May 8, 2005, 11:01 PM
155 level 13

41mag
May 8, 2005, 11:19 PM
@ least they just dis-member you.They don't go for your brains. :rolleyes:

Thrash1982
May 8, 2005, 11:21 PM
Ended on Stage 14 with 177 kills. I noticed one thing though. You get 4 shots with the shotgun before having to reload. But it never registers the fourth shot. Every single fourth shot missed. Definately takes to long to reload. Love the death sequence though. Zombie picks you up, rips off your arm and beats you to death with it. lol

P95Carry
May 8, 2005, 11:28 PM
So that's why that lady found a finger in Wendy's chili. Hey - you win today's prize dude!! LOL ....... :D :D

dpesec
May 8, 2005, 11:37 PM
where's the shotgun?
Sometimes, when I'm down to a single shot, I'll shoot it low off the end of the screen. This forces a reload just to be ready. Also, you never know you might hit one trying to crawl out of the ground.
:D

Edmond
May 8, 2005, 11:38 PM
They need to get that guy a P229. :D

torpid
May 9, 2005, 12:33 AM
Umm, I hate to burst your bloodthirsty bubble, but have any of you tried to initiate a reasoned discussion with the zombies before you started shooting them?

You gun nuts are all alike- shoot first, ask questions later.

Savages!
:p

Justin
May 9, 2005, 01:02 AM
Stage 18, 251.

I hardly ever use the shotgun, only if there's four or more zombies on the screen and they're getting close.

Don't ever fire more than three shots out of the shottie. Once you fire the last shot, he starts reloading, and you can't do a transition to the pistol in the middle of a reload, which takes for-freakin'-ever.

Also, there seems to be a little glitch that will let you get an extra shot in with the pistol. If you click after you hear the third clicking sound in the reloading sequence, sometimes you will score a hit. There won't be any gunshot, and your ammo won't deplete, but you will hit a zombie. It seems to happen maybe 10% of the time.

Oh, and one more thing: I've got way too much time on my hands.

Blackburn
May 9, 2005, 01:06 AM
13, 153

STRATEGY:

You must click what you want to shoot, in otherwords you must actually aim using the mouse. I figure by clicking what you want to hit you're aiming in the left-right axis :p

Cap the ones climbing up first. This is especially critical on the big guys.

When you get the shotgun, use it sparingly. It is four guarunteed kills, for me anyway. Save it for when you are faced with a large group- large as in more than four closing on you fast, or more than two big guys. Empty your pistol into their heads and switch to the shotgun. Blow down the big guys (only the big guys unless there are less than you have shells) and switch back to the pistol- unless you have time to reload the shotgun, which takes time.

You CAN knock them back by shooting the pelvis.

Reload the shotgun at the end of each stage- you have to be fast. Otherwise you have to find a beather in the next stage to reload, and that can be reaaaal hairy.

This is a fun game, just goes to show that the .455 Webley is a potent zombie stopper. :neener:

Darkmind
May 9, 2005, 01:26 AM
Stuck on 11 with 103 :p That was a lot of fun.

Justin
May 9, 2005, 01:42 AM
Incidentally, I took a look around the guy's website at some of his other stuff. Very interesting. The dude can draw like it's nobody's business!

Owen
May 9, 2005, 09:47 AM
Justin,

If it's nobody's business, maybe you shouldn't be directing people to look... :evil:

Deadman
May 9, 2005, 10:09 AM
So I've had my head and spine wrenched out.
I've been beaten to death with my own arm.
And now a zombie punched right through my torso. Nasty.

armoredman
May 9, 2005, 10:24 AM
Stage 15, 189. Got "headed" by one of the armless ones.

jobu07
May 9, 2005, 10:47 AM
level 13, 153 "kills" Screw the sig, this dude needs an AK! :p

lysander
May 9, 2005, 12:34 PM
This is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much fun!! :what:

cracked butt
May 9, 2005, 01:01 PM
Aim low.

If you hit the skinnies in the ankle, they always fall over, then you give them anotether before they get back up and they die every time. Also you get luckier with hitting those rising from the ground simultaneously.

Happy hunting.

TMM
May 9, 2005, 03:34 PM
kinda off topic: on Level 10, the screen is so dark i can't see the things! i know (i hope.. :scrutiny: ) that there is a way to increasy the gamma rating on the screen or somthing.... any help here? thanks!!

~TMM

The Viking
May 9, 2005, 04:26 PM
Got to level 20, and scored 294 kills. Should have switched to the shotgun and blasted away as many as possible.

Dionysusigma
May 9, 2005, 06:44 PM
Did anybody else go "Jerry Miculek" with the revolver? :p :evil:

Taurus 66
May 9, 2005, 07:33 PM
Now I'm Jealous!!! There's a guy who's six functions flawlessly AND he has way more ammunition. :D

Malamute
May 9, 2005, 10:29 PM
" kinda off topic: on Level 10, the screen is so dark i can't see the things! i know (i hope.. ) that there is a way to increasy the gamma rating on the screen or somthing.... any help here? thanks!!"

Try adjusting the brightness of your monitor.

Justin
May 10, 2005, 01:16 AM
New strategy:

Playing this on an old computer makes the game much easier. My late 1990's home machine runs the game at a rather slow pace, whereas my machine at work, well, they start flying at you pretty much right from the start.

Blackburn
May 10, 2005, 01:25 AM
You can download and run an app to eat up cpu cycles to make it go slower.

I use them to get "bullet time" in online flash games. ;)

Also: WIDESCREEN EDITION! Just click http://artscool.cfa.cmu.edu/~lee/deanimator.swf

Flashpoint
May 10, 2005, 02:46 AM
The game locked up on me at level 15. 194 redead zombies and the guy is just standing there. The best technique I've found is shoot there feet out from under them. 3 shots to the feet will take out the big guys. Also by shooting at the feet when the hord gets thick you will knock some of them over which will slow them down and when some are coming up form the grave they automaticly get hit first. :evil:

Never used that stupid shot gun. THIRD SHOT ALWAYS MISSES. :mad:

Blackburn
May 10, 2005, 03:10 AM
The shotgun works like this for me:

Fired rapidly, the first three shots connect, the fourth shot misses.

First three shots rapid, fourth slow and more aimed, hits.

Maybe just shoot it slower..

Ukraine Train
May 11, 2005, 02:29 AM
stage 16, 203

dasmi
May 11, 2005, 02:56 AM
Stage 10, 89 points.

yy
May 11, 2005, 03:24 AM
cool. 78. without shotguns.

yy
May 11, 2005, 03:37 AM
94 on second try, with shotgun.

TMM
May 11, 2005, 04:41 PM
"" kinda off topic: on Level 10, the screen is so dark i can't see the things! i know (i hope.. ) that there is a way to increasy the gamma rating on the screen or somthing.... any help here? thanks!!"

Try adjusting the brightness of your monitor."

it's already as bright as it goes.

Strings
May 14, 2005, 03:50 AM
Stage 22, 361 (re)kills. Only use the shotgun when you're being swarmed by the big guys...

If you enjoyed reading about "Practice your Zombie Stopping Skills" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!