New Dumb Question about IDPA Shooting.

PDA

ezypikns
May 8, 2005, 11:40 PM
I've seen comments from people talking about "shooting while moving". The introduction to IDPA material that I've seen tells new shooters to keep their finger outside the trigger guard while moving. In fact I think I even saw a Safety Officer command of "Finger" given as a warning to shooters who put their finger iniside the guard while moving. Whats the truth here?

If you enjoyed reading about "New Dumb Question about IDPA Shooting." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Gary G23
May 8, 2005, 11:45 PM
If you are moving and NOT shooting keep your finger out of the trigger guard.

caseydog
May 9, 2005, 12:44 AM
If you are moving and NOT shooting keep your finger out of the trigger guard

Exactly , if the course of fire as explained requires that you shoot while moving , activate finger ~ get off the needed shots and get the finger out ,lest you get the "finger" warning !

If the COF does not call for shots while moving you will get the "finger" warning.

They are explaining the course of fire to you before you shoot right ? The place I shoot is really good about this , but I read that some clubs are less than ideal , either being short of SO's or just not running it right.

Ray

ezypikns
May 9, 2005, 12:58 AM
Thanks

sturmruger
May 9, 2005, 03:20 PM
I think of my trigger disicpline this way. My finger will be on the trigger when my sights are on a target, or transitioning from one target to the next. If I need to take more then one step to transition then my finger comes out of the trigger gaurd. If there are a lot of targets and a lot of running it is possible to take quite a few steps with my finger on the trigger.

If you enjoyed reading about "New Dumb Question about IDPA Shooting." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!