My first competition Trigger for a Glock

PDA

sturmruger
May 14, 2005, 10:46 AM
I have a Glock 24 that I bought to use in the USPSA limited division. I was debating between sending the gun to Charlie Vanek (http://www.vanekcustom.com/index.htm) and buying the Rhea trigger components, in the end I sent it off to Charlie for his complete trigger job. Charlie’s services are not cheap, but after getting the gun back it was worth every last penny!

I sent the gun out on a Thursday, and had it back the next Wednesday. Turn around of 6 days door to door is absolutely fantastic!! When I got the gun out of the box I was blown away at how nice the trigger pull was. I think it has a nicer trigger pull then most custom 1911s. It is short, crisp, and has very little reset. The trigger really started to shine when I got it to the range. This gun can shoot fast. I am a low C in production right now and was able to shoot an El Prez in around 5.5 seconds with 56 points which is damn good if I can ever pull that off on the actual classifier.

Through the whole process Charlie was great. He even called me with a few concerns he had with my gun, and was quick to suggest some parts that would help my G24 run better. If you are looking for a trigger upgrade for you Glock you can’t go wrong with the work that Charlie does. I am planning on sending him my 34 too.

Costs

Overnight Shipping $31
Vanek Custom Fee $185
Return Shipping $50

Total COST $266.00

http://www.vanekcustom.com/index.htm

If you enjoyed reading about "My first competition Trigger for a Glock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
eerw
May 14, 2005, 02:23 PM
Charlie is a good guy..his work is great...and fast..

He did a G34 for me and it came back beautiful..

Hey..nice shooting on your El Prez..

sturmruger
May 14, 2005, 02:43 PM
It was amazingly fast. I don't know if I could do it again.

Krag
May 15, 2005, 09:01 PM
We have a Glocksmith in Fayetteville, NC who can give your Glock a trigger with almost zero takeup, zero overtravel and a 2.25 lbs. break. Feels like a tuned 1911, and is far and away better then any of the "better known" conversions. I have them on the G17, G21, G34 and G35 I use for USPSA matches.

He doesn't want to advertise as he is too busy already but if you'll e-mail me I'll send you his name and contact info.

If you enjoyed reading about "My first competition Trigger for a Glock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!