NEF Pardner 410...and slugs?

PDA

chris in va
May 19, 2005, 01:22 AM
Just bought one of these at a pawn shop, barely used for $60. I understand this shotty has a full choke. Can I still try out some slugs in it?

And is it just me or is the trigger super light, about 2-3lbs? What a fantastic shooter. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "NEF Pardner 410...and slugs?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sm
May 19, 2005, 01:44 AM
:D

Yes you may shoot slugs thru that fixed full choked bore. Try a variety, IME the Federal shoot POA/POI best, yours may prefer another loading.

You gotta reload or get someone to load up some "popcorn" loads...

Save the hulls of course...these things are too much fun....scary accurate too.

Oh...almost forgot, Extra shells in weak hand, fire, eject load and fire again...you have yourself a "Half Express Rifle". :D

chris in va
May 19, 2005, 02:18 AM
Boy, you got that right. These suckers are expensive! $7/box is going to break my wallet if I don't reload or something. Went to Dicks SG's today and all they had was Winchester in 410...much less any slugs.

And along that thought do they make fairly inexpensive reloaders for .410 and pistol cartridges? I may take up .45 soon...

Dave McCracken
May 19, 2005, 10:09 AM
IIRC the Lee Loadall is avalable in 410. Maybe $40 from the mail order places. Slower than the MEC but usable.

Re triggers, the NEFs tend to run a little heavy rather than light. Yours may have been messed with, and that's why it was for sale. Go carefullly....

sm
May 19, 2005, 11:21 AM
Matter of Perspective -

While in Tulsa , Larry and I found some Double Rifles - they ran a "bit more" than $60 . The ammo ran $192 for a box of ten rds :D

One rd of Express Rifle ammo costs more than a box of 25 .410s

So for a box of Express ammo, you can get a MEC , and some components. Used MEC would be great, even if you had to buy a new one, and spend a bit more than a box of Express ammo ( $192) you would still have LOTs more rds to shoot than just a box of Express ammo.

And instead of two chambers and bores to worry with cleaning in a Express Rifle - with the single bore of .410 look at the time you save to reload.

Granted this "little critter" addiction may lead to other firearms, like a double bbl or somesuch in .410 - oh well such is life. You can always blame me - everyone else does. :p

Now don't you feel better? :D

Last email I had from Larry - he had a New MEC in 28 ga. He has been busy "making hulls" and now is "making stuffed" hulls for his New "little critter".

Of course I am to blame...that is my niche in Life. :neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "NEF Pardner 410...and slugs?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!