para sight problem

PDA

yesterdaysyouth
March 17, 2003, 05:32 AM
last weekend i was able to shoot my para 7.45lda out of a rest and found that the point of aim was a good 8 inches higher then the point of impact at 15 yards... which is completly unacceptable, in my eyes for any firearm......

i tried both 230gr. cheap ammo and 185 gr. silvertips as well... both with the same result....

i've seen the adjustable sight on the limited versions, would this be an option? or could there be a problem with the pistol itself ?i've fired about 300 rnds through it with no problem, i just thought i coudn't shoot the thing, until i put it on the rest :uhoh:

.... ***???

If you enjoyed reading about "para sight problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
yankytrash
March 17, 2003, 06:41 AM
Have you let someone else try it out? That's always the first step in POI questions.

Quack
March 17, 2003, 09:03 AM
how are you sighting (pumpkin on post)? i have a 14.45 LDA Ltd, and no need to adjust the sights from the factory. if you were to get adjustables on you 7.45, you would need to have the slide milled out.

yesterdaysyouth
March 17, 2003, 02:28 PM
yeah i let the other guys shoot it and get the same results.....

funny you say pumpkin on a post.... shooting pumpkins is the main fall event!!! but yeah ...

yankytrash
March 17, 2003, 05:03 PM
If it were mine, I'd keep trying different batches of ammo. If that failed, I'd start filing the rear sight slowly, only a few 5-6 passes each time, until I got it on the money.

However, you mentioned it was only 300rd old. That's a tough one. Is the front sight dovetailed? Maybe you could get Para to get you a taller front sight, or get one yourself?

If you enjoyed reading about "para sight problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!