assaultweb.net

PDA

March 17, 2003, 05:24 AM
Anybody know what's going on over there? It's been down for most of (my) morning. I get a message saying they need 10 minutes to do some updates. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "assaultweb.net" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jeffshc1
March 17, 2003, 10:38 AM
Been down since last night.
??????

cheygriz
March 17, 2003, 12:33 PM
I've never posted there, but I've been a lurker several times. IMHO that place is a bunch of far out nut-cases!

I thought the Birchers were radical until I started reading some of the folks on ASSweb. I kinda hope it stays down.

If the antis are reading it, it gives all gun owners a black eye.

Skunkabilly
March 17, 2003, 12:35 PM
Tried joining last year, but they froze all registrations?

dickwholliday
March 17, 2003, 12:39 PM
Hey i resemble that remark.....i post over there occasionally but it seems like the traffic is slowing down for them.....i found out about this board by accident.....i emailed Narley about some dissassembly instructions and he put me back on the right track "the high Road".......i used to post on TFL all the time and when it dissappeared i just wondered around lost....DICK

cheygriz
March 17, 2003, 12:44 PM
Dick,

No offense intended, my friend! But if you read some of the stuff that appears in the general discussion forum, I can easily understand why traffic is falling off!

I read a couple of threads where two or three individuals attempted to inject a tiny bit of moderation and common sense into the discussion, and they got flamed big time by the rest of the posters.

I don't even lurk there anymore.

simon
March 17, 2003, 12:55 PM
I'm a member at AW and post when there is something to say,never flame anyone.Its not for everyone.'nuff said.:rolleyes:

Kestryll
March 17, 2003, 01:02 PM
cheygriz,
I could find you a dozen nutcases here in under 10 minutes, this is just as fast as I could find them on ANY board. Especially a "gun board". When you put a bunch of people together who feel very strongly about a given subject you will always have some that are more vehement then the rest.
I notice that if a thread here is not "Gun related" it is locked down very quickly. Should we assume that there is some obsession going on? Or should we assume that the Admins have a set guideline that they adhere to? It may not be what I like at times but them's the rules.

Posts like this only serve to act as divisive, argumentative fodder. The ever popular "Board-war" is in my opinion one of the stupidest most self-destructive aspects of forums in general and gun boards in particular.

All that being said and at the risk of being thought a hypocrite, try AK-47dotnet if you really want to see some fringe elements!:evil:

AZTOY
March 17, 2003, 01:11 PM
Well assaultweb.net is back up and Jeffshc1 started a post about the THR .

Jeffshc1 did not like cheygriz post and is trying to start a forum war!!

:neener:http://www.assaultweb.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=42;t=004009

Kestryll
March 17, 2003, 01:33 PM
Well assaultweb.net is back up and Jeffshc1 started a post about the THR .

You'll notice mine is the first post in fully expecting it to be closed much as I expect the mods will close this one.

now for the fun part, which board will actually take "the high road" and move on....

Correia
March 17, 2003, 01:52 PM
No forum war here. You want a forum war, go start your own forum.

CLOSED.

If you enjoyed reading about "assaultweb.net" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!