D.C. gun ban repeal poll

PDA

jnojr
May 19, 2005, 05:24 PM
http://www.nbc4.com/news/4507027/detail.html

If you enjoyed reading about "D.C. gun ban repeal poll" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
geekWithA.45
May 19, 2005, 06:50 PM
The article that goes with it sounds like it was written by a demented 3rd grader.

Nightfall
May 19, 2005, 07:40 PM
Voted. We're winning, by a decent amount.

Standing Wolf
May 19, 2005, 09:19 PM
The Republican senator has schedule a news conference today with Senators Kay Bailey Hutchison and John Cornyn, from Texas, to introduce the bill.

People who can't write shouldn't try to masquerade as journalists.

PromptCritical
May 19, 2005, 11:10 PM
Remember, it asks "Should the gun ban be changed?"

Does that mean more, or less restrictive?

*Not sure if it could get any more restrictive...*

RevDisk
May 19, 2005, 11:55 PM
Remember, it asks "Should the gun ban be changed?"

Does that mean more, or less restrictive?

*Not sure if it could get any more restrictive...*

Short of having the DC National Guard units go house to house and execute any gun owners on the spot, I don't believe the DC gun ban can get much worse.

TimRB
May 20, 2005, 10:56 AM
"The article that goes with it sounds like it was written by a demented 3rd grader."

The headline sure does:

"D.C. Gun Law Ban Attacked"

I *wish* there were a gun law ban in DC, and everywhere else, for that matter.

Tim

shermacman
May 20, 2005, 08:25 PM
The headline is a deliberate misrepresentation. It is followed with a grammatically incorrect; nay, a grammatically disastrous, sentence. Then there are two more sentences, one is meaningless and other is pointless.

Then there is poll that is stupidly worded.

What an article...so much willfull ignorance in such a short space. :barf:

Leatherneck
May 21, 2005, 07:22 AM
Wow. 90% for changing, 10% against. How much you wanna bet that Channel 4 never mentions this poll again? :neener:

TC

NHBB
May 21, 2005, 12:04 PM
fear that crime could only get worse? how could that even be possible, dont they have one of the highest if not crime rates in the entire country? nice to see the libs getting their ass kicked on that poll.

Flyboy
May 21, 2005, 05:49 PM
I *wish* there were a gun law ban in DC, and everywhere else, for that matter.
There is. Hardly anybody follows it, though.

Nightfall
May 21, 2005, 07:43 PM
Wow. 90% for changing, 10% against. How much you wanna bet that Channel 4 never mentions this poll again?Have you ever known NBC 4 to say anything remotely pro-gun? I sure as heck haven't.

TheOtherOne
May 22, 2005, 08:35 PM
There is. Hardly anybody follows it, though.Nope, there is not a ban on gun laws in D.C. :)

Coronach
May 22, 2005, 08:45 PM
I believe he's referencing the Second Amendment. ;)

TheOtherOne
May 23, 2005, 04:11 AM
I believe he's referencing the Second Amendment.Ahh.. That makes sense now. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "D.C. gun ban repeal poll" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!