Nebraska - CCW limits

PDA

jefnvk
May 21, 2005, 04:24 PM
Here is the formula amendment proposed to determine how many CCW's a person can carry on them. This is proposed for the CCW legislation out in congresscritterland. I pulled this of TFL.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13099

Take a look. Not only is it discriminatory, half of it doesn't make mathematical sense. I am convinced that the part about mulitplying the right shoe size by the person's girth after a full meal and 3 doesn't actually plug into the equation anywhere.

If you enjoyed reading about "Nebraska - CCW limits" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jefnvk
May 21, 2005, 05:08 PM
OK, three college kids just did the calculations. Myself (a CS major), a Chem-Sci major, and a Math major.

All three of us came up with different equations. All three of us agree, however, that the girth*shoe size*3 in no way links to the equation, it is extra word garbage thrown in there.

Math Major:
(15:51:12) namehidden: Well, up until half-way through line 13, it is ABS( (birth year + 137.5) / (weight*10*age)+height-2100 )
(15:51:42) namehidden: and then after that, a new number is generated without listing any way of linking it to the first one. That number is:
(15:53:07) namehidden: (3*girth*shoe size - sum_of_social)/( 0.6*Line17 of taxes)
(15:53:32) namehidden: The way they wrote it, they're no way of knowing how they intended to combine the two

Chem Sci:
((birth_year+137.5)/(body_weight*(10*age))+absolute_value(21-round(height_in_inches))-sum_of_soc_sec_digits)/((3/5)*(line 17 of licensee's personal income tax return (federal) for the immediately preceding year)

Me:
(2100-((BirthYear+137.5)/(Weight*10*age))+heightInInches-sumOfSSN)/ (.6*Line 17))

(or replace the 3/5*tax stuff with housing stuff) - my note, they agree

So there, three college kids can't figure it out (one going into mathematics). I think the guy was pulling data and operands out of thin air, and throwing them together.

If you enjoyed reading about "Nebraska - CCW limits" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!