Film Review: Below

PDA

bogie
March 17, 2003, 11:25 AM
Okay, most of y'all probably have never heard of this thing - I think it was shown in three theaters at about 1:00 ayem, to groups of teenagers, who didn't understand it, and the producers essentially ran it straight to video.

Mistake.

WWII haunted submarine story - VERY cool CGI footage, the interior shots of the sub are up there with Das Boot and U571, and the sound is a mix of excellent sub sound recreation and just out-and-out creepy stuff...

And yeah, there's some guns in it... At one point one of the characters fires 8 shots from a 1911, then drops the mag, reloads, and drops the slide - Looked like he'd had some practice. Also some Thompson stuff...

If you can find it, check it out...

If you enjoyed reading about "Film Review: Below" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cslinger
March 17, 2003, 11:44 AM
I watched this movie Sunday morning and had the exact same thoughts as you. Right down to looking at Sheslinger during the scene with the 1911 reload and saying he has had some practice doing that. He also kept his finger off the trigger unless he was shooting.

Not a bad flick overall. I liked it. Reminded me more of an old twilight zone type episode.

There was one 1911 scene where he fired off a couple round on the deck of the sub but a close up of the gun revealed hammer down after a shot but that is just nitpicking.

Chris

If you enjoyed reading about "Film Review: Below" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!