You might be a liberal if..... (includes 2nd amend reference)

PDA

jsalcedo
May 22, 2005, 10:07 PM
You Might be a Liberal Leftist If . . .

You Might be a Leftist If . . .
By Marc Levin
FrontPageMagazine.com October 8, 2003

-You believe John Ashcroft poses a greater danger to America than Osama
bin Laden

-You think President Bush lied to the nation but his predecessor did
not.

-You believe President Bush is too dumb to be President and Arnold
Schwarzenegger is too dumb to be Governor of California, but the Dixie
Chicks, Martin Sheen, Alec Baldwin, Barbra Streisand, Eddie Vedder and
Jeanine Garofalo are qualified to discourse at length on foreign
policy.

-You believe all conservatives are racist, but do not think minorities
can ever succeed without Affirmative Action.

-You can't decide which is worse: the Patriot Act or the Patriot
Missile.

-You believe Saddam Hussein, Kim Jong Il, and Yasser Arafat were fairly
and democratically elected, but President Bush was not.

-You root for prisoners when they escape from our oppressive prisons,
but oppose allowing poor children to escape from failing public
schools.

-You support every kind of "diversity" on campus, except political
orientation.

-You support banning the smoking of tobacco and legalizing marijuana.

-You are enraged by the so-called mistreatment of Muslim prisoners (who
have gained weight while dining on their specially prepared
Koran-approved meals) at Guantanamo Bay, but believe the world should
have stood idly by while Saddam Hussein filled mass graves.

-You have found where the right to an abortion is written in the
Constitution but cannot find where the Constitution provides for a
right to keep and bear arms.

-You support campus speech codes that ban pick-up lines and amorous
gazes, but never spoke out against President Clinton's physical sexual
harassment in the White House.

-You applauded Jimmy Carter for talking about human rights in foreign
policy but opposed George W. Bush for doing something about human
rights.

-You believe that trial lawyers taking 33 to 40 percent of a
plaintiff's recovery in lawsuits is just about right, but the federal
government taking this amount of our income in taxes is not nearly
enough.

-You believe the former Governor of a New England state with 608,827
people is more than adequately experienced to be President in 2004, but
the Governor of a Southwestern state with 21,325,018 people was
completely unprepared in 2000.

-You agree with Toni Morrison that President Clinton was "the first
black President," but didn't criticize Al Sharpton for recently
labeling President Bush a "gang leader."

-You believe we could get more truth out of the Pentagon if only Don
Rumsfeld were replaced by Mohammed Al-Sahhaf.

-You believe evangelical Christians are destroying America but don't
feel threatened by the radical Wahabbi sect of Islam.

-When it comes to violent crime, you believe in hating the crime but
loving the criminal.

-You support unlimited appeals for convicted criminals, but believed it
was undemocratic for Californians to reverse their earlier mistake of
electing Gray Davis.

-You believe U.S. exports of genetically modified foods pose a greater
threat to African nations than corrupt dictators like Zimbabwe's
Mugabe.

-You believe welfare is a fundamental human right and workfare is a
human rights violation.

-You believe religion is a scourge on our society, but becoming one
with Mother Nature by merging with the universal consciousness and
harmonizing with lunar reverberations will save us.

-You believe President Bush is an environmental criminal for poisoning
the water with arsenic, but have never complained about Saddam
Hussein's devastating Iraq and Kuwait's environment by setting
intentional oil well fires and committing genocide against the Marsh
Arabs by draining their wetlands.

-Your car sports the bumper sticker saying that "it will be a great day
when our schools have all the money they need and the military has to
hold bake sales," but oppose allowing the U.S. military to volunteer
recruitment tables on college campuses because of their "Don't Ask,
Don't Tell" policy.

If the above has successfully profiled you, congratulations! You have
won a one-way ticket to Paris aboard the massive cruise ship, "The
U.S.S.R. Michael Moore." Your ticket will be held at the nearest
Dennis Kucinich for President rally. Matricular consular ID cards
issued by foreign governments will be gladly accepted as identification.

If you enjoyed reading about "You might be a liberal if..... (includes 2nd amend reference)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
iiibdsiil
September 13, 2005, 01:45 AM
Bwhahahhaaha. Just found this in a search and was suprised NO ONE replied. Hahahahahahah, got a couple people I'm gonna send this to :evil:

CAnnoneer
September 13, 2005, 02:16 AM
Just because the second half is generally false does not make the first half any less true. :rolleyes:

Justifying the sins of one side with the sins of the other is a secure position of ultimate uselessness and self-defeat. In essence, it accepts the inevitability of failure and thus guarantees a self-fulfilling prophecy. It offers the bitter-sweet boon of self-pity in exchange for any hope for a better outcome. :cool:

No positive changes have ever been brought about by cynics, nihilists, and procrastinators. :barf:

beerslurpy
September 13, 2005, 02:18 AM
-You have found where the right to an abortion is written in the
Constitution but cannot find where the Constitution provides for a
right to keep and bear arms.

This one has bothered me for years, and I love abortions.

dasmi
September 13, 2005, 02:20 AM
-You believe all conservatives are racist, but do not think minorities can succeed without Affirmative Action
God is that ever true.

-You can't decide which is worse: the Patriot Act or the Patriot Missile
The Patriot Act is much, much worse.

MachIVshooter
September 13, 2005, 03:08 AM
This one has bothered me for years, and I love abortions

:what: :scrutiny: :barf:

You wanna rephrase that one, perhaps?

beerslurpy
September 13, 2005, 03:29 AM
If a mother doesnt want a baby to the point where she is willing to get rid of it, what kind of upbringing do you think it will have?

Abortions provide an elegant solution to both unfit mothers and their progeny that we end up having to provide prison housing to later on. The end result is the same, 100 bucks for an abortion is cheaper than life in prison for however many she manages to squeeze out before succumbing to darwin.

If it occaisionally allows a mother to turn her life around by avoiding an unfortunately timed pregnancy, so much the better.

edit2: clarification- my original comment was made because the idea of the 14th amendment incorporating unenumerated 9th amendment rights but not the clearly enumerated 2nd amendment one is completely absurd. Yet this is taught as gospel.

zerosignal
September 13, 2005, 04:39 AM
beerslurpy, wow, just wow.

i can't even begin to describe how ignorant your statements about abortion are.
people who are unfit/unable to care for children of course shouldn't have them in the first place.

unfortunately we have many irresponsible people in this country who can't keep their legs closed. basically you are saying that because some idiot went off and got pregnant we should punish the child for this?

that child has every right to live, no matter the circumstances he may end up living in. there are tons of examples of people who have grown up with uncaring parents, but have bettered themselves and become valuable parts of our society.

the answer to solving the problem of crowding in prisons has nothing to do with aborting unwanted children. how about you look at the real reasons our prison system is completely screwed up?

the answer to the problems is to put to death those criminals that deserve it (i.e. all murderers/rapists/child molesters) and to impose extremely strict sentences of those that commit lesser crimes. not to mention the fact that our prisons for the most part have become country clubs that the criminals dont even mind going back to time and time again.

you know who else shares your opinion of abortion? the Chinese Communist Party. they routinely enforce the rule that able families may only have 2 children, and that unable people that become pregnant must abort their children. and why do they do this? so those children don't grow up to become a burden on society.

how about we let those children grow up and commit a crime before we sentence them to death? because what you are promoting is punishment for a POSSIBLE crime that MIGHT be commited by someone that isn't even BORN yet.

chopinbloc
September 13, 2005, 05:31 AM
okay, before this thread gets locked for a heated debate that has nothing to do with firearms, let me get my two cents in.

the thing most people don't get is that the abortion debate is caused by a disagreement on when a human life begins. the pro-choice movement does not believe that murdering babies is okay and the pro-life movement is not proposing that we limit what a woman can do with her own body (except for a very few unbalanced extremists on both sides). for the record, i believe that life starts at conception, therefore abortion is murder. the really hard part is that alot of people want to straddle the fence and say things like "well it shouldn't be used as birth control." or "i don't believe in abortion, but it's okay in the case of rape or incest." problem is, if something is wrong, it's still wrong no matter what someone else did. let's look at these excuses, if you believe abortion is wrong, why? because it is distasteful? well, that's not enough reason to limit someone's personal behavior. because you think it's murder? in that case you can't murder one person because of another's actions, no matter how bad they are. the problem with the abortion debate as well as many other polarizing issues is that many people today are unable to rationally and logically examine and issue. politicians compound the problem by trying to placate both sides by taking "moderate" stands, thereby angering both sides. i think a good start towards a solution is to ban the use of any government dollars on any polarizing issue (at least a 30/70 split). but that's probably just the libertarian in me talking :D

zerosignal
September 13, 2005, 06:53 AM
chopinbloc, i completely agree with your assesment of the issue. i'll just add one thing.

those who are pro-choice will scream about their rights being ignored and how from "their point of view" a fetus isn't yet a human. frankly, their entire rationalization of "this ISNT a baby" and "this is a baby" is a complete joke.

everyone from Nero to Hitler has used these thin generalizations and semantic wording throughout history to justify evil. not to mention that the numbers of women who live with regret of an abortion is staggering. all but the most selfish and hard-hearted seem to feel immense regret after making that terrible choice.

our society has become completey self-centered and jaded when it comes to the evil around us, or the evil that we ourselves are guilty of. i liken the symptoms to those of your typical murderer.

one one hand you have those who murder another person, and afterwards feel immense regret. on the other you have the type of psychopathic mass muderers that can kill with impunity, feeling no regret whatsoever. the reason some can do this is because they have been programmed to think "if it feels good" then they can do it.

unfortunately, moral decline in our society is a one way road. the people who do right will continue to stand in a steadily declining minority. i find it funny that everyone screams and complains about people treating racial minorities as less than human, when the real issue we should be focusing on is why society treats those who do good even worse.

humanities problems are a result of good vs. evil, not white vs. black.

pax
September 13, 2005, 09:06 AM
From the forum rules: (http://www.thehighroad.org/code-of-conduct.html)We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of abortion, religion and sexual orientation often degenerate into less-than-polite arguments or claims that "my God is better than your God". For this reason, we do not discuss such subjects on THR, and any threads dealing primarily with these subjects will be closed or deleted immediately.

Closed.

pax

If you enjoyed reading about "You might be a liberal if..... (includes 2nd amend reference)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!