LaRue Battle light on an 870

PDA

Gunsnrovers
May 23, 2005, 07:39 PM
Finally got the Surefire picatinny rail in and was able to mount my light. I used Mag pull rail covers on the unused sections. Very comfortable.

Simple pressure from the side of my index finger triggers it easily. A constant on/off switch will be available soon and I may go over to that after I have had more time to practice and decide.

http://www.suckasstheatre.com/gunpics/taclight1.jpg

http://www.suckasstheatre.com/gunpics/taclight2.jpg

http://www.suckasstheatre.com/gunpics/taclight3.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "LaRue Battle light on an 870" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rockstar.esq
May 24, 2005, 01:24 AM
I was curious if the light made it harder to get a firm grasp on the forend. It looks like it's about 4" that isn't obstructed, how do you like it.

Gunsnrovers
May 24, 2005, 08:58 AM
I grab the forearm torwards the back and and my index finger fits between the light and the forearm. Manipulating the forearm is not a problem.

To trigger the light, I just roll my index finger over and nudge the tail cap with my knuckle.

PeacefulWarrior
May 24, 2005, 02:50 PM
How would you compare this set-up to the SureFire dedicated forend? Can you mount the light underneath the forearm or does it have to been on the side?
Cool looking set up!

Gunsnrovers
May 24, 2005, 07:07 PM
The forearm has rails on the right, left, & bottom. Pick the position that is most comfortable.

I have never used a Surefire so I can't compare. I will tell you that a 3 cell Surefire is brighter, but at 30' or so the difference is minimal at best. I think the trade off for what should be more durable bulbs and much longer battery life are worth it.

Gordon
May 30, 2005, 02:29 AM
I , too, recently recieved my backordered 870 foreend. I have an 870 I will be setting it up on soon. Right now the Battle light is mounted on a Colt AR15 that I took on a 10 day backwoods vacation. It worked very well in the woods at night. It seems to have about 90 Lumens of light, like you said not like a 120 lumen 3 cell Surefire, but very good flood and white diffused very bright light!
I am glad I got a Battle light and not the new Gladius, which I would be searching for a mount for, and La Rue DOES make the best mounts! The Magpul cover look real good! I was gonna just use the rails, but I am old enought not to HAVE to be macho! :D

Gunsnrovers
May 30, 2005, 09:36 AM
Yep, the rail covers protect my delicate little hands. :D

But I'm also OK ordering a large Shirley Temple at a resturant with a straight face because my son likes it when we have the same drink. :)

No_Brakes23
May 30, 2005, 11:44 AM
Sounds neat, but...
http://tinypic.com/5jxvfa

I take it all back, they show up now.

Looks nice.

Slimjim
May 30, 2005, 04:09 PM
I see pictures of it.

Gunsnrovers
May 30, 2005, 06:59 PM
Can't see the pics? I think there may be a weak link between the chair & the keyboard... :D

Nnobby45
May 30, 2005, 08:33 PM
I , too, recently recieved my backordered 870 foreend. I have an 870 I will be setting it up on soon.

I believe you'll like it. My Scattergun Tech 870 has one. The support hand forefinger easily activates the pressure switch for quick burst of light, and theres a permanent on and off switch, also. The fore-end is robust enough to get a good grip on with plenty of room. The light simply screws in and out. SureFire has a screw-in cap that replaces the light in case you want to remove it while packing it around outdoors during the day.

Gunsnrovers setup looks perfectly functional, also, and probably more cost effective.

Gordon
May 30, 2005, 09:40 PM
I've had a couple dedicated Surefire fore ends for a number of years, I believe mine are marked with the original designers name, although the light is marked Surefire. The pressure pad has been blocked for a few years also.
What Gunsandrovers and I are referring to is his pictured extuded aluminum Picatinny rail replacement foreend for an 870. Finally a guy can mount whatever kind of light he wants and it will reciprocate with the slide so you don't have an opdeeration problem or ungainly cords ect. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "LaRue Battle light on an 870" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!