Mexican solider opens fire on a car load of legal immigrants.

PDA

jsalcedo
May 23, 2005, 09:54 PM
Anyone else have more of this story?

On Thursday, a Mexican soldier shot and wounded a Mexican national crossing the border at the Hidalgo International Bridge in Texas. While details are unknown at this point, the soldier tried to pull over a car carrying for Mexicans who are US permanent residents, which tried to escape. The soldier then opened fire, wounding the passenger and damaging nine cars.

http://www.visalaw.com/02apr1/8apr102.html

If you enjoyed reading about "Mexican solider opens fire on a car load of legal immigrants." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Standing Wolf
May 23, 2005, 11:04 PM
The soldier then opened fire, wounding the passenger and damaging nine cars.

Must have been one of those bad nasty terrible awful wicked Glocks that go off by themselves from time to time.

El Tejon
May 23, 2005, 11:07 PM
Who wouldn't flee Mexico, especially the authorities in Mexico? :uhoh:

Double Naught Spy
May 23, 2005, 11:09 PM
Interesting and confusing story. You would have the impression from the story that the soldier shot the people in Texas since the bridge is listed as being in Texas, but obviously it spans both countries. Depending on how the border is at that bridge, the actual country crossing part may occur in the very middle. So the soldier could have shot at the folks on the bride while they were in Mexico.

I wonder what the folks in the car might have done to cause such a reaction.

Illuminaughty
May 24, 2005, 01:12 AM
Must have been one of those bad nasty terrible awful wicked Glocks that go off by themselves from time to time.

You're funny.

CletusFudd
May 24, 2005, 11:37 AM
"I wonder what the folks in the car might have done to cause such a reaction."

Perhaps they forgot the "mordida"?

hvengel
May 24, 2005, 01:18 PM
This apears to be frm 2002. So this is three year old "news".

mainmech48
May 24, 2005, 02:40 PM
I'd tend to agree with Cletus. They probably tried to refuse to pay him his personal "toll" to cross and he got angry because he'd have to take their percentage out of his own pocket to fill his quota of his boss's 'bite'.

Selfdfenz
May 24, 2005, 10:02 PM
I may have the facts wrong but I hope this is not an indication Mexico has adopted a new imm. policy of shooting any trying to return.

If so it's all over.

S-

Commissar Gribb
May 25, 2005, 12:03 PM

he must have accidently converted it to full auto and then held it wrong. ;)

Art Eatman
May 25, 2005, 12:17 PM
All smoke, no fire.

Art

If you enjoyed reading about "Mexican solider opens fire on a car load of legal immigrants." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!