Should I trade my spare Xbox for one of these rifles?

PDA

joey93turbo
May 24, 2005, 08:19 PM
I dunno if I should or not. Can't really think of a use for one of these...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3138414

On a side note, I'm only in the Xbox about $50, it's worth $150.

The gun also comes with a Bushnell scope.

If you enjoyed reading about "Should I trade my spare Xbox for one of these rifles?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Waffen
May 24, 2005, 08:29 PM
I guess it depends, this being a gun board I would assume you are ready to hear the short answer witch is "yes, why are you asking this question?". However if the XBox is going to entertain you more, and you feel you will get more out of it in the long run, then don't sell it.

In my case I have a PS2. I have literally used it 4 days out of the last 5 years. I have guns that I use every weekend.

Now you have me thinking. Gamefellas get ready for my PS2. :)

Sactown
May 24, 2005, 08:48 PM
Hell yeah, dump that xbox. When the xbox 360 comes out, you might not be able to unload it.

bad LT
May 24, 2005, 08:50 PM
Sell both Xboxes and get 2 rifles.

DSRUPTV
May 24, 2005, 10:03 PM
If it is indeed a "spare" Xbox, then I know I would get a gun for it if I could.

Mannlicher
May 25, 2005, 07:19 AM
Personally I would trade an X Box for just about anything. Certainly for a rifle of any description.

Vitamin G
May 25, 2005, 09:24 AM
Its a little hard to play 2 xboxes at the same time....

ocabj
May 25, 2005, 09:30 AM
Is it modded? :D

El Rojo
May 25, 2005, 09:37 AM
Do you use the spare X-Box? If not, then get the rifle. The other good point was that the new X-Box will be coming out soon and you can expect the going price for that X-Box to drop significantly. Do the trade.

gunmoney
May 25, 2005, 09:40 AM
That is not a tough choice. Why would you even consider keeping the X-box. I have an X-box myself and love it but I would give it up in a second for another gun.

TarpleyG
May 25, 2005, 09:42 AM
X-Box (or any video console) is just mental masturbation anyway so yes, trade it for the rifle. You can always use another gun, right?

Greg

foghornl
May 25, 2005, 10:59 AM
The proper question here is "Why haven't you already swapped the surplus Xbox for a rifle?"

Come to think of it, WHY HAVEN'T YOU ALREADY MADE THE TRADE ? ? ? ?

yci
May 25, 2005, 11:04 AM
I've never had a rifle give me the BSOD. I have done that with an Xbox (just while playing a game, the box was not modded).

Rifle or microsoft product...I choose the rifle when possible.

testar77
May 25, 2005, 11:20 AM
Rifle or XBOX, Rifle or XBOX, Rifle or XBOX, oops my keyboard stuck, THE RIFLE OF COURSE :eek: . I also have an XBOX but would trade it in a heartbeat for just about any firearm!!!!

Snowdog
May 25, 2005, 11:22 AM
I'll echo DSRUPTV on this thread; of your post, "spare" is the key word.

Red Tornado
May 25, 2005, 12:04 PM
A 'spare' XBox that will soon be dropping in value vs. a scoped .270 that will probably always be worth as much or more than it is now......do the math. :scrutiny:

Can't really think of a use for one of these...

How about....trade it for another gun you do want! It's a much more marketable commodity than a (soon to be outdated) XBox.
Go do it,
RT

Essex County
May 25, 2005, 12:19 PM
I don't have any idea what an X_Box is but I can tell you to get rid of it NOW!............Essex

Preacherman
May 25, 2005, 12:35 PM
Trade the spare XBox for the rifle, then use the rifle to shoot the primary XBox. Perfect solution!

:D

IZinterrogator
May 25, 2005, 01:36 PM
Trade the spare XBox for the rifle, then use the rifle to shoot the primary XBox. Perfect solution!Damn straight. All the good games are on the PC. ;)

JR42
May 25, 2005, 02:09 PM
Unless there's something incredibly rare about your spare xbox, or you think you might want to give it as a gift to someone, trade it!

(Anyone want to trade a gun for my Atari? :rolleyes: :D :D )

Jeremy

foghornl
May 25, 2005, 03:26 PM
Hmmm

What could I get for my Commodore 64 ? ? ? a spare mag for a Phoenix/Raven .25 maybe :confused:

joey93turbo
May 25, 2005, 04:08 PM
Lol I don't really know anyone who would want that rifle, where could I trade it off to? When I posted this, I was tryin to get some feedback on the rifle :) What's the .270 caliber like? You guys think this gun will be accurate? How much do you think it's worth? I could sell the Xbox right now for $150-$175.

wasrjoe
May 25, 2005, 04:21 PM
Single shot rifles and single shot anythings are surprisingly fun. There's something about manually working and action and placing in a new cartridge after each shot that is fun. I am not too familiar with the .270, but from what I can tell it's a popular hunting cartridge. It's always fun to have an "oddball" rifle and I would think it would be a very good rifle to really practice your accuracy with (assuming it's an accurate rifle.) I have no experience with NEF rifles, just a shotgun, and it seemed to be well built.

Mal H
May 25, 2005, 05:16 PM
X-Box? What's an X-Box?

Sell anything electronic that has the term "game" associated with it in order to buy a rifle. No brainer.

And thanks for that link. I had no clue Wal-Mart sold so many different long guns. I have my eye on the Marlin .410 Lever action for pest control ....

Berek
May 25, 2005, 05:30 PM
IMHO, I would sell the x-box but I would do more shopping. Probably check with a *reputable* local gun shop for a decent bolt-action. I picked up a used .30-06 for $275 with scope and have not had a single issue with it over the 3 years I've owned it.

Just a thought.

Berek

Red Tornado
May 26, 2005, 10:27 AM
Dude,
It's basically a one-shot, low cost, good value, deer rifle. NEF has a good rep for accuracy for the price you pay. It may not match up to a TC, but it's 1/3 the cost. It's worth well over $150 with a scope on it.

What's the .270 caliber like?
Well, it's..."like"... the 6.8x43 SPC, but not exactly. ;) Search the rifle forum and you'll find plenty of references.

How much do you think it's worth?
That depends on the scope.

GunnySkox
May 26, 2005, 10:41 AM
Problem is, "word on the street" is that the XBox 360 won't be backwards-compatible, so if you have some Xbox games you think are classics and want to be able to play in the future, hang on to it and just save a little longer to acquire delicious rifles; on the other hand, if you're just tired of the Xbox and you think the rifle'll be a better long-term investment in terms of entertainment.. uh.. ab..sorbed, just throw that thirteen-pound beast down on the counter, gitcher dough, and commune with the rifle gods.

~Slam_Fire

Third_Rail
May 26, 2005, 10:48 AM
I don't know how you got so lost to be that far off, but....

Microsoft's X360 to be Backwards Compatible (http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20050517_110907.html).

:D

grimjaw
May 26, 2005, 02:16 PM
I'm trading up $5000+ of digital camera equipment to pay off my credit card and use the remainder for gun purchases. Anything digital = rapid depreciation. If you can get some cash out of it, I can't see holding onto anything computer-related. I've got two computers, a camcorder, two digital SLR's, a VCR, and a film SLR that are all gathering dust. The Sega Saturn buried underneath all of that won't even get $10 now. I can't imagine holding onto a game console for any reason, especially if it will buy a nice single shot or a new scope.

I've got an NEF single shot in .17HMR that's fun to shoot. I'd buy another NEF if it was just a fun gun and the ammo wasn't that expensive.

So, does anybody want to buy a Canon 1D MKII, plus lenses? ;)

jmm

Dread Pirate 257 Roberts
May 26, 2005, 02:23 PM
Well, an xBox holds no appeal for me whatsoever, so I think the question is a no-brainer.

The Handi-Rifles are well-built and excellent value.

If you shoot right-handed, you may want to look into the new bolt-action Stevens 200 by Savage. They're getting rave reviews on SavageShooters, and one guy said he used to buy Handi-rifles, but will start getting the Stevenses instead because you get a great bolt action for a little more. I'm hearing street prices of about $260.

The Stevens is basically the pre-accutrigger Savage. It is free-floated and pillar bedded. The only things different from the Savage 11/110 are the absence of the accutrigger, the gray stock and a lower price.

TODD3465
May 26, 2005, 02:41 PM
Get the Rifle!!!

Stinkyshoe
May 26, 2005, 02:42 PM
Yep, trade it off and get another rifle. Everyone can use another rifle.

George Hill
May 26, 2005, 03:47 PM
"All the good games are on the PC."

GTA: SA is coming out June 7th! BOOYAAH!

But the Xbox 360 does look pretty sweet. It's just a question of if the titles are going to be up to it.

Black Majik
May 27, 2005, 08:55 PM
Trade the XBox for a Slim PS2 :D

Hutch
May 28, 2005, 12:39 PM
ALL Xboxes are spare. Any firearm is better than any gaming console. Proceed accordingly :D

Gewehr98
May 28, 2005, 01:53 PM
Would become obsolete a heck of a lot sooner than a rifle. ;)

benEzra
May 28, 2005, 01:57 PM
There is one cool thing about having two xboxes, and that is that you can play 2-player head-to-head games (e.g. Halo/H2 multiplayer or co-op) in full screen mode instead of split screen, OR have up to eight people in a multiplayer game instead of just four.

I only have one myself, but have played on multi-box setups and it is an entirely different dynamic. Of course if you have Xbox Live then it is moot, but I don't have broadband.

If you enjoyed reading about "Should I trade my spare Xbox for one of these rifles?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!