Protection of Lawful Commerce In Arms Act Moves Out of the Judiciary

PDA

ColoradoJeff
May 25, 2005, 01:32 PM
This morning the Judiciary Committee held a markup session and finally voted to send the bill to the full House. There have been a number of attempts to hobble the bill with amendments. Only one amendment passed. It was of a grammatical nature.

Here is the link for Gun Law News (http://www.gunlawnews.org).

If you enjoyed reading about "Protection of Lawful Commerce In Arms Act Moves Out of the Judiciary" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bartholomew Roberts
May 25, 2005, 01:51 PM
Good news that it left the House committee without being marked up too much. However, the real test will come in the Senate.

You can bet that every amendment that was shot down in the House Judiciary committee will be offered again in the Senate - particularly the one trying to hold FFLs liable if they sell to someone on the secret "terrorist watch list" that the FFLs have no access to.

Good link too! Worth a read for anyone interested in protecting their RKBA. I didn't even realize that there was a move to try and add people on the terrorist watch list to the list of prohibited persons. While I certainly don't want terrorists to have legal access to firearms, I can't say I'm a big fan of the idea that I can be put on a secret government list for which there is no appeal or due process and I suddenly lose my Second Amendment rights.

Standing Wolf
May 25, 2005, 03:16 PM
...the real test will come in the Senate.

The Senate failed the test last time. It's failed on federal judgeships just this week.

I wonder how many more tries our elected misrepresentatives think they're going to get.

Old Fuff
May 25, 2005, 03:21 PM
Standing Wolf:

I see in the news that they are catching some flack over that, especially those that might want to run for president - McCain in particular.

Flyboy
May 25, 2005, 04:38 PM
I wonder how many more tries our elected misrepresentatives think they're going to get.
As many as they want. I don't see anybody really holding their feet to the fire, do you?

LAR-15
May 25, 2005, 04:43 PM
Eh the anti gun side lost 5 VOTES from last year.

Anybody wanna bet Jim DeMint is going to support reinstating the AWB of 1994?

If you enjoyed reading about "Protection of Lawful Commerce In Arms Act Moves Out of the Judiciary" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!