Edmonds couple held hostage in home, robbed

PDA

coylh
May 25, 2005, 08:03 PM
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002288124_webrobbed25.html

She saw two men wearing black masks standing in shrubbery near the home. As she was going back into the house, the men forced their way into the residence and tied up the woman and her husband, who is in his 80s.

If you enjoyed reading about "Edmonds couple held hostage in home, robbed" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Art Eatman
May 25, 2005, 09:03 PM
About the only thing you can tell from this sort of thing is that first, Bad Guys are generally becoming more brazen; and, too many people don't have either situational awareness or think fast enough to react with adequate speed.

It does point out that "control your environment" mandates that you always keep yourself aware of the world around you--which is the "why" of Condition Yellow.

Art

Standing Wolf
May 26, 2005, 12:15 AM
...Bad Guys are generally becoming more brazen...

When I go out to check for mail, there's a .357 magnum in my pocket. Citizens are becoming more brazen, too.

mountainclmbr
May 26, 2005, 12:56 AM
The fact that these crooks have not had an OS moment where they contemplate Darwin's theory is very sad. I have had one home invasion and that guy definately had an OS moment! He was only a few ounces of trigger pull of getting a .44 between the eyes. The pants he was wearing prevented a smelly cleanup of my carpet!

foghornl
May 26, 2005, 11:00 AM
From what I see, the Bad Guys have pretty much changed over from "take the money & run" to "NO Breathing Witness Left Behind."

Probably an 'unintended consequence' of the 3-strikes law..."If I get caught, I'm doin' life...so i ain't gettin' caught, no matter who I gotta take down. . ."

If you enjoyed reading about "Edmonds couple held hostage in home, robbed" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!