Zarqawi shot

PDA

Rebar
May 26, 2005, 04:22 PM
Iraq's interior and defense ministers said Thursday they have information that al-Zarqawi has been wounded - apparent confirmation of recent rumors that the Jordanian-born terrorist leader of al-Qaida in Iraq was injured. But the officials said they did not know how severe the injury might be.
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050526/D8AATJ900.html
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,157723,00.html

Seems he was lung shot, pretty badly.

I have two wishes. One, that he dies. Two, that it was an Iraqi soldier who shot him.

In related news, the Iraqi's are taking advantage of the confusion of the terrorists:
Iraq's government will pour tens of thousands of Iraqi troops into Baghdad in an unprecedented operation to seal off the city and hunt insurgents who have launched a fresh wave of violence, ministers said on Thursday.
http://news.yahoo.com/fc/world/iraq
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,157712,00.html

Looks like the terrorists are in big trouble.

If you enjoyed reading about "Zarqawi shot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Henry Bowman
May 26, 2005, 05:10 PM
Go team, go!

I can't think of a correct term for describing the "good guys'" team that isn't too long to fit on a pennant. Any help?

Satch
May 26, 2005, 05:15 PM
I'm glad the Terrorists were called "Terrorists" in this thread,thats better than our news Media that likes to call them "insurgents". Thanks.

pythonguy
May 26, 2005, 05:21 PM
Lets all hope that al-Zarqawi has in some way been incapacitated and can no longer pose the cowardly threat to our soldiers and innocents living in Iraq.

Yanus
May 26, 2005, 05:25 PM
I hope they find him, strip him naked, smear him with hog grease, and drag his sorry ass through the streets until there is nothing left to drag......... :evil:

Yanus

Gordon Fink
May 26, 2005, 05:31 PM
I would like to see him captured, tried for his crimes, convicted, and sentenced to die accordingly. That would be the Armerican way.

~G. Fink

NavajoNPaleFace
May 26, 2005, 05:42 PM
quote by Gordon Fink:

"I would like to see him captured, tried for his crimes, convicted, and sentenced to die accordingly. That would be the Armerican way."

Respectfully, naw............let him be taken and held before a camera and slowly beheaded..THAT would be justice.

Besides, I don't want to see tax payer dollars (that's what it would be...not out of Iraq's pocket book) to pay for all the costs for his legal BS!

Dionysusigma
May 26, 2005, 05:44 PM
I would like to see him captured, tried for his crimes, convicted, and sentenced to die accordingly. That would be the Armerican way.
Trouble is, people aren't killed accordingly anymore. Lethal injection is no way for a violent person to die...

Gordon Fink
May 26, 2005, 05:55 PM
Torturing and murdering an enemy, however evil he may be, is patently un-American.

~G. Fink

Arc-Lite
May 26, 2005, 05:56 PM
looking at just the news as it has been released, a lung shot, is a very serious wound, and without the proper care, his chances are slim...being on the run, will also increase the chance of it being his last round up. I just hope the intelligence people are keeping on this, both in and out of Iraq. My quess he is in Syria.

Rebar
May 26, 2005, 06:16 PM
While I understand the emotional desire to see him suffer, I think him just dieing will be more than sufficient. I wish him dead.

It's a pretty good bet he's in Syria, and in the best hospital they have at that. Hopefully it won't be enough, and hopefully it'll turn out he was killed by an Iraqi soldier or policeman.

Vernal45
May 26, 2005, 06:22 PM
We wont win this fight by fighting fair. Let the Iraqi government excute him, if he is caught.

kbarrett
May 26, 2005, 06:23 PM
If he is in Syria, then an ultimatum needs to be given to Baby Assad.

This might have something to do with Syria suddenly deciding they don't talk to the CIA anymore.

As for what to do with him ... that would be the Iraqi governments call.

pax
May 26, 2005, 06:29 PM
Moderator Note

Eeveryone please look at the flag header up at the top of this page. See there where it says "The High Road?"

We are NOT here to show off how devious and barbaric we can be. A goodly part of the mission of THR is to provide a positive example of and for the firearms community at large.

Discussion about of the effectiveness or morality of torturing our enemies, when caught, is on topic.

But discussion of how to torture, or advocating various gruesome activies, will get this thread closed rather quickly.

pax

R.H. Lee
May 26, 2005, 06:55 PM
Some whiney leftist was on the news yesterday proclaiming that Zarqawi's death or incapacitation would only coalesce the enemy and boost recruitement. What's his point? You can't win if they're at large or dead?? Or is it just more glee in adversity for us?

Barbara
May 26, 2005, 07:27 PM
That man personally sawed the head off a man from my town, one I'd met, one who was related to half the people I know. I saw the anguish his family went through knowing their son was going to die, and how. If I say that I hope he dies, you'll have to understand that that *is* the high road. He's given up his right to be human and he deserves anything he gets. If I could kill him myself, I would. If he suffers while dying, I would not care.

CZ-100
May 26, 2005, 07:57 PM
Lung Shot... Too bad it was not in the Head. :evil:

bountyhunter
May 26, 2005, 07:59 PM
BTW: the man reported to be the acting head of Al Qaeda in Iraq is:

(DRUM ROLL)

A Saudi...... excuse me, who's our enemy again?

Color me stunned.

The statement said the new leader would be Abu Hafs al-Gerni (search), "deputy of the holy warriors."

"Middle East experts on Islamic militants told The Associated Press that al-Gerni is a Saudi who has been al-Zarqawi's military adviser and is the emir, or prince as senior commanders are called of the military committee of Al Qaeda in Iraq."

Arc-Lite
May 26, 2005, 08:04 PM
same song...different dance.

El Tejon
May 26, 2005, 08:07 PM
:(

What a sad day for the Democrats. Their leading contender for President in '08 is injured. :(

Rebar
May 26, 2005, 08:08 PM
A Saudi...... excuse me, who's our enemy again?
Our enemy are the Islamofacist terrorists. Who can come from any country.

bountyhunter
May 26, 2005, 08:17 PM
What a sad day for the Democrats. Their leading contender for President in '08 is injured Right. Still singing the chorus to the Bush medley:

"Anybody who didn't march happily to war is a terrorist"....

I guess cheap shots are always the easiest to take.

El Tejon
May 26, 2005, 08:18 PM
Not cheap if the round gets on target, bounty. :D

Selfdfenz
May 26, 2005, 08:27 PM
Perhaps this is (a) misinformation (b) the BGs PR roll-out for the fact the dude is already dead. What kind of pay off is there for (a), what's the game?

I'm thinking (b).

S-

Shotgunner60
May 26, 2005, 08:29 PM
Barb i'm with you 100%. Go Iraqi soldiers trained by ours.

dasmi
May 26, 2005, 08:38 PM
What a sad day for the Democrats. Their leading contender for President in '08 is injured.
Ya, and the Republicans are so much better.
"We must secure the borders! We must keep our people safe from terror!"
I don't see any of them doing anything, other than passing the RealID, which won't help, and suggesting more laws to violate our rights. How about SECURE THE BLOODY BORDERS PRESIDENT BUSH! Jebus hell, it's not rocket science. Because the Repubs and Dems won't do what must be done, we can infer that they DO NOT CARE about actually securing the country. The question becomes, why don't they care? What do they have to lose by securing the country? What do they have to gain by not?

Arc-Lite
May 26, 2005, 10:53 PM
a few things here, consider the past news-weak story, it proved to be wrong, a lesson there...... consider this story, and the fact, a concentrated effort was in focus to find zarqawi, and it looked as we were getting closer to that goal.... it would be an ideal time, to be "wounded" or "killed" and go off the radar screen for awhile.... I can not see WHY or WHAT they have to gain...in releasing this story..other then, this is what we wish to hear. I question the news, and question the messenger as well as the motive....of their actions. In this game, what you see, and hear is not always and rarely the truth. time might tell.

feedthehogs
May 26, 2005, 11:03 PM
That would be the Armerican way.

No, the American way would be to find him not guilty and have him playing golf with O.J.

He who has the best lawyer wins. Justice has nothing to do with it.

thorn726
May 27, 2005, 03:43 PM
regardless of how evil the guy is, we are only better than them if we remain better then them.

Torturing and murdering an enemy, however evil he may be, is patently un-American.

i second that. it's tough to take the High road sometimes, huh guys

also, yeah i too hope it was an Iraqi soldeir who got him

Arc-Lite
May 27, 2005, 05:49 PM
...thorn, your right, personally I would shoot him with the exact same, extreme indifferent prejudice, as I would any enemy....all in a days work....well, ok maybe a little more, with the 25 million on is head.

Gordon Fink
May 27, 2005, 06:28 PM
If he is killed in battle, so be it, but it would be far better mete out justice while demonstrating our moral superiority assuming we still have any.

~G. Fink

Arc-Lite
May 27, 2005, 06:45 PM
if you feel you need to "demonstrate" your "moral superiority"...then your playing someone elses game. no assuming needed, you either have honor, or you don't.

If you enjoyed reading about "Zarqawi shot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!