Zarqawi un-shot

PDA

Arc-Lite
May 28, 2005, 01:12 AM
...as I suspected, now the scums web site...says he is in good health....so says the msn news service, stay tuned, to tomorrows spin control.

If you enjoyed reading about "Zarqawi un-shot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
El Tejon
May 28, 2005, 09:08 AM
And Howard Dean sent all those flowers . . . for nothing?

The Grand Inquisitor
May 28, 2005, 10:16 AM
You mean...the government......lied?

Truth is is that Mr. Zarqawi is something of a red-herring creating by the West to pump up the masses as face to fight against the "eviiil" Iraqi insurgents, something like an Osama bin Landen they could catch at one point....hopefully. But the truth is is that Zarqawi is Jordanian, and all of the Jihadi's he commands are foriegners and not especially well liked within Iraq, for obvious and not so obvious reasons.

Perhaps if Zarqawi turns up dead, this might convince John and Jill Six-pack (although to swallow current administration BS takes more than 6 beers) in South-Slopwater that the "War on Terror" is actually going somewhere besides further into the toilet, but I doubt it will actually turn the tide in Iraq - where it matters.

Arc-Lite
May 28, 2005, 11:03 AM
...can't really see why, we are on the old and tired "government lied" topic, the events come, and go, and filter threw many netwoks, before it reaches us....many would not know a lie or the truth if they heard it. as for zarqawi who ever "created" him, or where he is from, has little to do with the reality, he exists, and his organization, is taking lives. this is a world wide, crisis, not just in Iraq, dealing with this type of scum, one at a time, or in lots of 10000....makes little difference and is the only way it will get done. "Mr Zarqawi" ..."Osama bin Landen"..."John and Jill Six-pack"...hmmmmm...seams we are uside down, on a few things !!!

joab
May 28, 2005, 11:07 AM
Old news
Last week Paul Harvey reported that he had been shot, taken to the hospital, and was doing well.

Recovering from a gunshot wound does not make you unshot.

He also reported that Iraqi security forces trying to search a hospital were unable to penetrate it's defenses, but no one seemed to draw a parallel

Arc-Lite
May 28, 2005, 11:36 AM
ya...all news is old news, paul harvy's as well. un-shot, meaning... think he is shot, could be shot, was not shot, should be shot...etc, the news and data spin....

Old Fuff
May 28, 2005, 11:37 AM
Back in the 1880's in Arizona, Wyatt Earp was alleged to have shot and killed an outlaw named William (Curley Bill) Brocius. Earp may or may not have done so, but for many years Brocius' friends and supporters claimed that he was alive and well and they had seen him, talked to him, whatever. However Curley Bill did not come forward in any public place where he could be seen and identified by non-involved parties, nor did he show up for a proposed newspaper interview.

If the subject of this thread is indeed alive and well I'm sure his supporters will see to it that he seen on some television network, if not all of them, in person. So far his absence is noteworthy.

Arc-Lite
May 28, 2005, 11:49 AM
Fluff...good point....considering there is a concentrated effort, to find him, getting "shot" or being "killed" would be a way, to redirect the hounds...I still can't figure why, or the what... is behind the release of this data... I question the entire story.... what would the scum gain, by this news ?

Phantom Warrior
May 28, 2005, 11:50 AM
I agree w/ Old Fuff (unsurprisingly). Even if Zarqari was pushing up daises this very minute I'm sure his supporters would be declaring that their great leader was well and healthy and had merely gone into hiding for his safety. Until we see him alive or find his body, I'm hesitant to make a call either way. I do agree that the fact that he hasn't come on TV or webcast and said " 'sup ya'll?" just to put the rumors to rest is interesting.

ravinraven
May 28, 2005, 01:13 PM
...can be a b*tch in the desert.

rr

CentralTexas
May 28, 2005, 03:06 PM
in 2004 and reported on national news. I wish the CIA would make up it's mind!
Actually I think this may have been more misderection to get intel to blink while something else went down.
CT

Rebar
May 28, 2005, 03:26 PM
It was the Iraqi's who supposedly confirmed he was wounded. Even the islamofacist web sites stated he was wounded.

He either was never wounded (doubtful - too many sources say he was), he was wounded but recovered, or he's either still recovering or dead, and they're trying to cover up the fact. I think the last is the most likely.

Arc-Lite
May 28, 2005, 04:40 PM
Rebar....but WHY, and WHAT would they have to gain, by releasing this info ? there are bigger questions here, then IF he was shot.

dasmi
May 28, 2005, 04:46 PM
So far his absence is noteworthy.

For that matter, so is Bin Laden's.

lwaldron
May 28, 2005, 04:50 PM
This is from Austin Bay's Blog (which is good reading):
"Has Zarqawi been wounded or is he dead? Or is he being “withdrawn from the combat zone?” I raise these questions because at this point in time Zarqawi may be more valuable to Al Qaeda as a “mythic warrior” or “ghost.” It’s tough to kill a myth and darned hard to kill a ghost. Here’s the argument: Zarqawi’s damaged goods, physically and politically. From Al Qaeda’s point of view, and possibly Saddam’s henchmen, it’s time to get Z-Man out of Iraq, and then have Al-Jazeera and Newsweek turn him into Robin Hood."

www.austinbay.net/blog/index.php

Rebar
May 28, 2005, 05:31 PM
It's a fact that they almost got him, in that Iraqi hospital. They did get his laptop and other items. So we already knew he was wounded in the lungs. The terrorists are just playing damage control. And I'm sure there's jockying for power within his organization, thus the contradictory reports going back and forth.

Arc-Lite
May 28, 2005, 05:56 PM
I just don't see why and what they have to gain, a computer, and signs he was there, can be set up.... like WHY.... something else is going on.... if they do ANYTHING...it is for their benefit...we were on his trail,and there is no better to way, to resend the hounds, then a false stories....and fools bait.

Rebar
May 28, 2005, 06:11 PM
Which "they" are you talking about? If it's the terrorists, they usually only publish something like that if they expect someone to die, or the person is already dead. And I'm sure the coalition is smarter than to take the terrorists word on anything, if it's a way to try and throw off the scent, I'm sure it's not going to work.

Arc-Lite
May 28, 2005, 06:40 PM
sorry if the question is not clear, "they" meaning the terrs... they will not publish anything, unless it's for their gain.... or to miss direct the hunt....or for another reason to move their directives forward. Few places to go, when wounded...why tell the world, if your on the run, that you will be at one of a dozen hospitals? I hope I am wrong, but I smell bad fish here....I would love to believe it, but after surviving 12 years in indian country, I question anything not looking right...and then I question that.

Warbow
May 28, 2005, 06:56 PM
You mean...the government......lied?

Um, hello, McFly? The government wasn't reporting it -- a website affiliated with Al Qaeda was. They then reversed their initial statement that he was wounded.

Don't let that little fact get in the way of your nice hipster assessment of John and Jill Six-pack in South-Slopwater who couldn't dream of being as sophisticated as you. :rolleyes:

Destructo6
May 28, 2005, 09:42 PM
Dang, Warbow beat me to it.

I don't beleive the (US) government had anything to do with this story other than say they couldn't confirm it. I suppose that's a lie, if you're so disposed.

Arc-Lite
May 28, 2005, 09:47 PM
The Brits are now saying Z-scum took a missile hit to his convoy 3 weeks ago and took two hits to the chest with shrapnel, one going threw his chest lung and back the second still inside...the hit was near the city of Qaim, and now it is said he is in Iran. Which is interesting, considering Iran and Iraq...and not good friends.... if this is true, and he is Iran, I hope the news service does a focus piece, on his location, thus showing Z-scum...has other interests then Iraq....and its rebel cause. So far every day it is a new story, with no connecting details...other then, at the time of the biggest offensive of the year...Z-scum.... took the road, out of town.... cockroaches always run, from the sun.

ravinraven
May 29, 2005, 06:53 AM
...Z-scum [I like that] and gang gain something by keeping a part of our intelligence crowd chasing their tails wondering about him. But the fact is that for every one we kill, a worse one takes over.

If he were proven dead and his head sent to us, I believe SO WHAT would be the proper response. Until the last black fly is dead, you're gonna be plagued with black flies.

rr

If you enjoyed reading about "Zarqawi un-shot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!