St. Charles, St. Louis area, Missouri

PDA

Gifted
May 30, 2005, 03:40 PM
I got into town last week, after seperating. So I'm here pretty much permanently, at least until after college. Anyway, I was looking for two things:

A get together of high-roaders

and

a decent place to plink and stuff. Last few times I've been home we've gone over to Bush Wildlife and shot up paper, but they're so strict and stuff there, it's hard to have fun with bowling pins and stuff. So, if anyone knows a good place in the local area, I'd appreciate it.

If you enjoyed reading about "St. Charles, St. Louis area, Missouri" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Technosavant
May 30, 2005, 04:22 PM
I generally go to Busch Wildlife; they are strict, but a good (and cheap) place to shoot. There are a few other gun clubs in the area (you may want to check out Benchrest; I think they are west of St. Charles).

bogie
May 30, 2005, 05:13 PM
I'll be happy to take you out to the St. Louis Bench Rest Rifle Club sometime as my guest.

$200/year, you get a keycard. Clubhouse, showers, etc...

No bowling pins, full auto, etc., but they have a LOT of matches.

KaceCoyote
May 30, 2005, 05:53 PM
Ya need to go to Reifschneider! FREE!

Gifted
May 30, 2005, 07:05 PM
Care to elaborate on Reifschneider?

Jim Watson
May 30, 2005, 07:24 PM
I'll be at St Louis Benchrest out west of St Charles this coming weekend for a match. BPCR MS - Black powder cartridge rifle metallic silhouette. If you think a bowling pin is fun, knock down a 46 pound bighorn with a .45-70. If you can, it's 500 metres away.

KaceCoyote
May 30, 2005, 10:12 PM
Its a free shooting range at Reifschnider(sp) state park. Just outside New Melle.

Primersinmyshoe
May 30, 2005, 11:13 PM
I am a member at Bull's Eye indoor shooting range. It has gotten a lot of bad press lately (mostly deserved), but it is only 7 minutes from my house. It has 10 shooting lanes, 25 yards distance. I usually go on Tuesday and Thursday. They charge non-members $15/hr. They are located on Manchester, just west of Kingshighway. If you'd like to join me, let me know.

If you enjoyed reading about "St. Charles, St. Louis area, Missouri" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!