Iliff Richardson slam fire

PDA

1911JMB
May 31, 2005, 07:46 PM
Just for fun I would like to make a slam fire shotgun like Iliff Richardson made in the Philipines during World War 2 using wood, nails and plumbing pipe. Does anyone who knows what I am talking about know how to due this properly and safely? I have never seen one up close, so if its possible to do safely and someone knows how, I would like a good description of what to do.

If you enjoyed reading about "Iliff Richardson slam fire" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
00-Guy
May 31, 2005, 07:54 PM
Mr 1911JMB,

See this THR thread: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=72725&highlight=phillipines We have discussed these at times.

IMO, I would also check out your sig line for how to proceed. Unless a professional materials engineer, chemist, metalsmith and/or gunsmith, I would not try this at home.

paul....

1911JMB
May 31, 2005, 08:04 PM
I am skilled in HVAC, carpentry, residential wiring, woodworking and bicycle repair. I make a lot of spud guns as a hobby, and I would like to graduate from those to something more interesting. I have lots of tools at home and lots more at work. That link while interesting, did not provide much useful info, so again, if someone knows of a good way to make these, please tell me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Iliff Richardson slam fire" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!