Can you make your own tracers?

PDA

280PLUS
May 31, 2005, 08:23 PM
We have a twilight pistol match during the summer and as the last relays are fired it is usually getting pretty dark. So the joke has been going around how we should have tracers. I'd love to send a few tracers down the range for a good laugh. Can I make my .45 ACP lead semi-wadcutters into tracers somehow?

:evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "Can you make your own tracers?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TMM
May 31, 2005, 09:15 PM
just attach a flammable bit of stuff at the base of the bullet.

~TMM

Preacherman
May 31, 2005, 09:17 PM
Also, watch out for barrel life... tracers are more corrosive than standard ammo (at least, the military tracers I've used were).

RevDisk
May 31, 2005, 09:34 PM
Also, watch out for barrel life... tracers are more corrosive than standard ammo (at least, the military tracers I've used were).

Hey, Preacher, did ya find this out the same way I did? Belts of ALL tracer, no ball ammo. :neener:

280PLUS
June 1, 2005, 08:28 AM
http://www.free-definition.com/Tracer-ammunition.html

The more I think about, probably not such a good idea. :(

Zach S
June 1, 2005, 08:42 AM
I dont know if you can make them and how well they work, but I've seen pistol-caliber tracers in Cheaper Than Dirt and/or Sportman's Guide.

I've never used them, and dont know how well they work.

Third_Rail
June 1, 2005, 09:10 AM
Did anyone do a search? You can, it's not too hard, but you need to know what you're doing and be safe.

Here (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=123524), and please note that my offer still holds. :)

280PLUS
June 1, 2005, 11:44 AM
Search? Nope, just asked I guess. I did an afterthought search but not here.

Changed my mind anyhow, with my luck my idea of a joke would start a fire and burn the range down :eek:

:p

If you enjoyed reading about "Can you make your own tracers?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!