Looking for storage/transport boxes.

PDA

shotgunner
June 1, 2005, 12:04 AM
I found one from MTM case-gard, it holds 100 shells, but if you buy another tray it will hold 150 2 3/4 shells. It's also a sealed drybox.

Does anybody know of any other shotshell boxes that hold more than 150 and are also water resistant???

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for storage/transport boxes." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TrapperReady
June 1, 2005, 12:19 AM
When I reload, I often use Rubbermaid containers. I fill mine about halfway (which means about 500 shells or so). They'd hold more, but then they get kind of heavy.

shotgunner
June 1, 2005, 12:22 AM
Well, I meant where each shell has it's own individual square hole that it fits in. Like each tray in that drybox I mentioned holds 50.

TrapperReady
June 1, 2005, 11:14 AM
Yeah, I used to worry about that. Now I find it too time consuming. The Rubbermaid bins make it easy enough. If I really need to segregate ammo, then I'll put them back into empty shell boxes and mark the boxes with computer-printed labels. Then those boxes go into a Rubbermaid bin for protection and ease of transport.

When I reload cartridges for service rifle matches, I use gallon Zip-lock (heavy duty freezer style) bags to hold 100 rounds.

While duck hunting, I still use the ziplock bags, but place them inside a 5 gallon bucket I use for a seat and to carry gear. It keeps the ammo dry, even if I'm not.

When upland season starts, I throw a "box o' ammo" into my vehicle and leave it there all season. It's a cardboard box which has shells of all types in it. Some are boxed, and some are loose... in gauges 20, 16 and 12. Usually, while the dog is "lightening the load", I'll pick through and fill a vest pocket (or two if I'm feeling optimistic).

The only caveat for the above is to ensure that all the ammo in the vest is appropriate for the gun you are shooting A 16ga or 20ga shell in a 12ga gun can cause serious damage and/or injury. It works for me, but I'm pretty obsessive about checking things a bunch of times before I head out into the field.

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for storage/transport boxes." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!