M48A bragging rights

PDA

Okiecruffler
December 31, 2002, 06:35 PM
Ran out of .22LR ammo ( I know, unforgivible sin) so I just had to shoot something. Out came the M48A and a bandolier of turk ammo. Cheap clip on bipod and a picnic table bench and I get my best group ever at 100yrds. This thing might end up moving into my favorite position in the gun cabinet.

If you enjoyed reading about "M48A bragging rights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Okiecruffler
December 31, 2002, 06:37 PM
Wish I had some of the pic talent I see on this board.

Poodleshooter
December 31, 2002, 06:43 PM
Good shooting! How do you like that scout mount?

Okiecruffler
December 31, 2002, 06:59 PM
I bought the mount and scope off of Ebay for $60+shipping. I've got a little over 30 rds thru it and the mount hasn't slipped any that I can tell. I was going to loosen it and loctite it, but I figure why mess with a good thing.

cratz2
December 31, 2002, 09:36 PM
I'd be scared out of my pants if you were 100 yards away from me!!! :what:

Okiecruffler
January 1, 2003, 04:20 AM
"I'd be scared out of my pants if you were 100 yards away from me!!! :what: "

It's even worse if you're downwind.:neener:

MP-44
January 1, 2003, 05:25 AM
"It's even worse if you're downwind" LOL! Now thats funny. Good shooting by the way.

BigG
January 1, 2003, 10:27 AM
Dang! I thought you shot that with iron sights before I saw your shootin arn. Was gonna recommend you for the Alvin C. York merit badge. Nice shootin, pard! :cool:

Okiecruffler
January 1, 2003, 04:13 PM
I can come close with my mosins if I have a really good rest, but those mauser sights are just a tad crude for my four eyes. Wish I could say the rest of my groups were that tight, but they tend to open up abit after a few clips for some reason. That 8mm doesn't pound the shoulder like the mosins, but it lets you know it's there.

If you enjoyed reading about "M48A bragging rights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!