BFI Warranty claim

PDA

RavenVT100
June 4, 2005, 12:13 AM
I'm considering sending my Bushmaster's upper receiver back to BFI due to an issue with the anodization on the inside of my upper flaking off. They said they'd take care of it if I wanted them to, but claimed the problem wouldn't worsen. Now I've got a few people telling me that my carrier key was staked wrong, and that's eating into the side of the upper, possibly gouging the metal.

Is there any legal issue with sending an AR upper through FedEx or UPS? I'm guessing no, but I live in a very bad state for guns, and I don't want to have to show the contents of my package to any employees of the carrier if I don't have to. Does anyone have any advice on how I should proceed?

If you enjoyed reading about "BFI Warranty claim" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
varoadking
June 4, 2005, 10:42 AM
As long as it's not an AR15 pistol, use the USPS if you are shipping rifles...

Sounds like you only need to send the upper and bolt anyway, and neither of them constitute a firearm...

sigman4rt
June 5, 2005, 06:29 AM
Send them back to Bushmaster. Their service dept. is excellent. When they're done they will send them directly to your house. Also, when you send them, include lots of insurance from whatever carrier you use. I once sent a $250. Ruger back for service and it got lost somewhere in transit. I insured it for $500. and that covered the pistol and the time expended in the search for a replacement.

If you enjoyed reading about "BFI Warranty claim" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!