UTAH: Shooting weekend/campout in August? Anyone interested?

PDA

Ben Shepherd
June 7, 2005, 08:22 PM
On the thread "sound off Utah" I offered to set up a weekend get together.
It's done. It's the weekend of Aug 5th-7th. I have them for friday and saturday night. If you can only make one or the other due to work come up anyway!!! Hoping to see you there.

I called and reserved 4 double sites at renegade point by strawberry resivoir. They will hold 2 vehicles with trailers or three cars each. They are improved campsites with built in fire pits, paved parking, and clean restrooms. It's paved all the way there so your car will make it if you don't have a truck. Bring your families if you can/want to!!

We held a get together there last year and had a BLAST.

Shooting can be done within a five to ten minute drive from camp.

Couple things:
1. Bring firewood.
2. Bring shade-there aren't any trees right in the campground.

Don't leave me hangin' here guys!!! The reservations cost me 220 bucks. :eek:
Just pay me back as you get there.

Any questions send me a PM.

If you enjoyed reading about "UTAH: Shooting weekend/campout in August? Anyone interested?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HomerSimpson
June 9, 2005, 12:29 PM
BTT - No responses yet? I don't think I'm going to be in town, but I'm figuring you must be getting a little nervous about fronting the funds for this outing, and the lack of response from this thread. I hope you don't get burned on this deal. :eek:

Correia
June 9, 2005, 12:34 PM
I'll be there.

So what's that make it, $110 for me and $110 for Ben? :D

Nah, there will be other folks there.

-Larry

SLCDave
June 9, 2005, 01:40 PM
I'll be there too.

kbheiner7
June 9, 2005, 03:39 PM
I'll put it on the calendar, but make no promises that far out!

BHPshooter
June 9, 2005, 05:19 PM
I am planning for it, but can't say whether or not it will work out. I have requested to use a day of vacation on that Friday, so I'll let you know when I do.

The more people that come, the funner it'll be and the less it'll cost for everybody! Speak up!

Wes

George Hill
June 9, 2005, 07:04 PM
Just getting into a new house... don't know if I'll be able to make it now.
Not only that, but there is no internet access available there at the new joint.
:banghead:

Correia
June 9, 2005, 07:10 PM
George, Strawberry is about as close to you as it is to those of us around SLC. You really should try to come, new house or not. Heck, bring the wife and kids, my wife and kids are coming.

SLCDave
June 9, 2005, 08:06 PM
My wife and kid are coming too.

JamisJockey
June 10, 2005, 11:06 AM
Interested, yes. However, my anniversary is August 5th and I work weekends....If I have a day off that weekend (which I asked for last October), I think I'll be tied up (figuratively, but hopefully literally :neener: ).

BHPshooter
July 6, 2005, 09:56 PM
Well folks... My job situation isn't looking to sunny lately. :( I'm afraid that I probably won't be able to make it. I will, however, keep trying and let you guys know.

Wes

Corey ACP
July 7, 2005, 04:44 PM
90+% sure I will attend, BTW, Ben, do you have the numbers of which campsitees are reserved, I may end up going the day before.

Ben Shepherd
July 9, 2005, 09:28 PM
Corey ACP: Check your pm's.

Stratford Holdings
July 11, 2005, 05:18 PM
Tagged. It's in my calendar.

Ben Shepherd
July 17, 2005, 09:11 PM
Hese's the details:

They were a little stupid in the way they let me reserve, but it is what it is.

There are 3 loops of capsites in the renegade campground, I had to reserve some in each, rater than a collective string in one loop. :banghead: :banghead: . Not a big deal really, as you can walk all over all 3 loops in the campground in 10 minutes.

Details on reservations:
All sites are reserved from 2:00 PM, Friday Aug. 5th thru 1:00 PM Sun. Aug 7th.
Site #'s are as follows:

Site# 001 / loop A
Site# 051 / loop B
Site# 061 / loop B
Site# 028 / loop A

All are double sites that will hold at least 2 vehicles.

Legalese included with reservation confirmation:
No ATV's in campground. Pets must be leashed at all times. No discharge of firearms or fireworks in the campground. Quiet hours 10:00pm to 6am.

Directions:
23 miles SE of Heber on US Hwy 40 to Fr # 131. Located on strawberry resivoir.

ANY QUESTIONS SHOOT ME A PM!!

sumpnz
July 17, 2005, 09:51 PM
Where's Strawberry Resevoir? If it's not toooo far I may just drive up. Don't know much about Utah though.

Ben Shepherd
July 17, 2005, 09:58 PM
Basically, it's sraight east of Salt Lake. But if you could make it up, You'd be more than welcome!!!! I even think your holsters daddy will be in attendance.

BTW: How's that rig working out, anyway?

sumpnz
July 17, 2005, 11:10 PM
The holster is working out very well. The belt has also replaced my previous one as my daily wear belt (I'm an engineer, so I try to look OK). What do you figure, 8 hours drive from Phx, or longer?

Ben Shepherd
July 17, 2005, 11:22 PM
Sumpnz:
From Phoenix I'm not sure. But here's some info you can just add to.

Las Vegas is 5 hours south from me, to the actual campground is about an hour and 15 min. the other way(I'm talking total travel time here, not gas 'n go no food stops type driving).

So Just figure off that.

Heck you make that drive, the campsite's on me!! :D

sumpnz
July 18, 2005, 01:01 AM
Heck you make that drive, the campsite's on me!! Seriously? Sounds like about a 10-11 hour drive. Might be too much to do without taking time off though. (Too bad it's not near Moab - A pretty place and not so far.)

I'd have to clear it with the boss, but hey, she might want to come too (though that means we'd have to take turns shooting while the other looked after our daughter).

Ben Shepherd
July 18, 2005, 11:20 PM
Hope you do come up. It's nothing formal. No oficial matches, etc. Just impromptu competion and plinking. Couple of the other guys are bringing wives and kids, so yours are more than welcome.

Mostly just good times with good people.

Corey ACP
July 22, 2005, 01:41 AM
Ben, if I get up there early, do you, (as the organizer and one who put up the $$$ in advance for the sites) care which site I put my RV? First come first serve? or, have you given it any thought?...... Maybe next week when I am back to work we can talk.....PM me a phone # if you can.

Looking foreward to the shooting as well as the camping/relaxing/bull sessions/fishing??

Ben Shepherd
July 22, 2005, 08:16 PM
Don't really care, take your pick. I will send you a daytime number though, as I may have to give you the reservation #'s so they don't try to kick you out before I get up there.

SLCDave
July 27, 2005, 03:25 PM
The wife decided she and my daughter aren't going, so it's just me now. I'm good for Friday and Saturday at least.

Correia
July 29, 2005, 12:29 PM
So who else is bringing kids and what ages are they? Mine are 8 mo, 3, and 5. So I need to see if they are going to be able to play with other kids or if I'm going to need to entertain them. :)

sumpnz
July 30, 2005, 01:10 AM
Well, I can't afford the time off to make the shoot. I taking the family to New Zealand for Christmas, and I'm going elk hunting in October, so that pretty much wipes out my vacation time. On top of all that, my sister wants us to fly out to Seattle for Thanksgiving.

Corey ACP
August 2, 2005, 01:59 PM
Larry, I am going for sure. Don't know if any of my kids will be going or not, I am either leaving Thursday afternoon or Friday A.M. See you there!!!

Nate_m
August 2, 2005, 03:52 PM
Where is it? If it's not too far north I'll come...I'm in Albuquerque.

Nate_m
August 2, 2005, 03:59 PM
Just looked it up....it's a bit too far for a weekender for me...:(

SLCDave
August 5, 2005, 07:35 PM
:banghead: I'm not going to be able to make it. I have a sick wife and daughter, and was threatened with great bodily harm if I leave them. I'll kick in some money for the late cancellation, Ben.

Correia
August 7, 2005, 08:22 PM
I'm back. It was fun. Camp was nice, good company.

Did some shooting Saturday. It was good. Corey brought his plate rack, always a fun thing. (sorry about shooting it in the untreated steel part with that .44!) My 5 and 3 year old did a little shooting too. Shot some clays.

Yep, it was a good trip. Weather was nice. A few quick thunder showers, but pretty nice most of the time. Got a little cold that night, but not bad at all.

SLCDave
August 8, 2005, 03:22 PM
Glad to hear you all had a good time. I'm making the wife go camping this weekend to make up for the missed one last weekend.

12 Volt Man
August 8, 2005, 03:29 PM
Sorry I missed this. I just had knee surgery and have 3 more weeks on crutches.

Corey ACP
August 10, 2005, 02:29 PM
I must have enjoyed it as I was the last one to pack up and leave the campsite. The outing was great! It was nice to meet a few new folks. The camping was superb, The shooting was great, and the beer was cold! Nice weather,(mostly),(shooting trap in the rain is a new experience) comfortable temperatures day and night. If you missed it, too bad, however, there is always next year. Thanks again Ben for putting the event together.

Ben Shepherd
August 15, 2005, 08:09 PM
12 Volt: You and BIL are in it over this one!!! You guys missed a good outing. Fun was had by all. Also there will be some pictures up this weekend.(scheduling won't allow it any faster, but we'll get them up!!!!) Also, everyone chipped in enough that I came out ok.

I will do the same thing next year. However: WE NEED MORE PEOPLE!!!!

See ya' all round.

USMC_2674
August 16, 2005, 07:03 PM
I found this link only today.

I would have been there for sure if I had known in advance. Someone contact me directly next time! :)

My family went camping that weekend anyways, up at Payson Lake.

Oh well, let me know about the next one Ben and I'll be there.

Kent
(801) 636-5992

P.S. or just call when you go shooting.... shooting, camping... whatever.

Ben Shepherd
August 22, 2005, 11:13 PM
nevermind- pictures won't attach will try a different route later.

BHPshooter
August 23, 2005, 02:10 AM
I will do the same thing next year. However: WE NEED MORE PEOPLE!!!!

By next year I'll have a job that won't suck so bad, and I might just be able to get some time off for the next outing.

We need to shoot again soon regardless though, Ben. :D

Wes

If you enjoyed reading about "UTAH: Shooting weekend/campout in August? Anyone interested?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!